• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

This happens every year. Coco the first this year to lash out

There is a line in the article that puts it in perspective:

Crisp said that manipulating his playing time to avoid paying him is unfair. The games-played minimum was put in the agreement to reward good health, which he has had this season, thanks to hard work, preparation and medication.

Queso, prove me wrong, but has Coco hit the DL at all this year? Because this is pretty bad penny pinching even if the A's are absolutely garbage.

Crisp is probably screwed but I wouldn't be surprised if this results in players changing the vesting language from games played to something health related if it really is about staying healthy and not performance :p

Crisp is probably screwed but I wouldn't be surprised if this results in players changing the vesting language from games played to something health related if it really is about staying healthy and not performance :p

I don't think the CBA allows for that. Ultimately there isn't anything that says a team has to play every healthy player though. A bad team out of the playoff race benching a middling veteran to give ABs to a young player late in the year is going to be a hard thing for a player to prove as a grievance.

There is a line in the article that puts it in perspective:

Queso, prove me wrong, but has Coco hit the DL at all this year? Because this is pretty bad penny pinching even if the A's are absolutely garbage.

Dont think he's hit the DL. But he also hasn't been good enough to start for a Major League Baseball team for years.

Khris Davis has 39 home runs in left, Smolinski and Eibner are getting a shot, and Butler and Valencia are clogging up the DH spot.

If anything, Crisp should be thankful and appreciative of the ridiculous amount of money he has been paid to be hurt and terrible for years now.

Why he thinks he's owed anything with the numbers he's put up is the most offensive part of this.

Double digit millions ain't exactly pennies, and spending it on that production should be criminal. The fans in Oakland love Coco, but we know the value of a player dollar. And between Crisp and Butler we have a good chunk of our payroll going to wastes of space.

Good riddance Coco. Hope they just release him. Solves the problem real quick.

Betances made me sweat, but...

5HU5P1Q.gif

Both guys not even playing.

Friggz

Video on mlb.com about Zach Britton's chance at winning the Cy Young.

If he somehow ends up winning the O's their first pitching award in 35 years, I might faint.

i think writers are too smart these days to vote for britton. hes not even the best closer in the AL east.

Dre3001

Trout. Has been the best hitter in the AL and plays CF, not RF like Betts.

Then again, Trout should have won it every year. So I doubt this year will be any different.

Trout is obviously the best player in baseball but this year Betts is beating him in every single offensive category this year (Avg, HR, Hits, 2B, 3B, SB, SLG, OPS, etc) except for walks.

I think its either Betts or Altuve to lose.

Malo

Banned
Yankees righty Nathan Eovaldi is set to undergo surgery to repair both a torn flexor tendon and a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his elbow, ESPN New York’s Wallace Mathews was among those to tweet. The pair of procedures will prevent him from pitching in 2017.

RIP

Yankees righty Nathan Eovaldi is set to undergo surgery to repair both a torn flexor tendon and a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his elbow, ESPN New York’s Wallace Mathews was among those to tweet. The pair of procedures will prevent him from pitching in 2017.

RIP

Fuck. :(

Tanaka/Pineda/Sabathia/Green/???

Kinda wish the minor league pitching depth was good, but with Severino underdeveloped and Kaprelian on the shelf, it's not looking that way.

Clearly, it's time to assume Ian Kennedy's contract somehow!

BigAT

coming up from NJ and taking the train. Wife and I just moved to the region and have never been to NYC. Planning on longer visits in the fall, but just for the day on Wed. :)

Hoe early should we arrive? anything we need to know about going to the stadium?

As far as getting there, you should exit Penn Station and walk a block east to the Herald Square subway stop, then you can take the D train uptown straight to the stadium (161st St.).

If you want to do everything, I'd say get there two hours before the game and do Monument Park. The Yankee Museum is good to, but I don't know if you would appreciate it as much as a non-Yankee fan. I would say give priority to Monument Park, but do both if you have time or don't want to watch BP.

Also, don't do this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1264401

Top Bottom