• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Keith Law on the twitters:

Heard Butler kept calling Valencia "Orange" so Valencia called Butler "Jeeves" and it was all downhill from there

I guess he's trying to be witty? Because this cannot be real, right? I don't even know anymore.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Took 3 from the O's.

Didn't need to score 10+ runs this time.

FaST3Q4.gif

Keith Law on the twitters:

I guess he's trying to be witty? Because this cannot be real, right? I don't even know anymore.

No way that happened, because that's a pretty lame reason for someone to get pissed.

That's some grade school level name calling lol.

The tipping point was when Valencia called Butler an "overpaid, piece of shit, bench warmer." Butler, who had just referred to Valencia as a "poopy head," appeared stunned.

Reading up on this drama around Valencia and Butler, and I'm really glad that, even though he was quite good as a utility player, that the Jays cut the strings when they got whiff of his ability to start drama.

Choomp

Banned
If we're gonna get no hit by anyone, I'd want it to be Shark. I'd just rather we didn't waste one of Noah's better starts though

Hey Danny, wtf would you be on a Blue Jays team with Donaldson playing third base and Tulo playing short?

I don't believe Butler has the awareness required to make that sort of observation. He was probably stunned when a Royals team built around speed and defense declined the club option after his weak 2014.

On one hand, we will always look back fondly on his 2009-2012 run. Dude could hit. On the other hand, KC was straight trash those years so, ummmmm, peace out Country Breakfast.

I don't believe Butler has the awareness required to make that sort of observation. He was probably stunned when a Royals team built around speed and defense declined the club option after his weak 2014.

On one hand, we will always look back fondly on his 2009-2012 run. Dude could hit. On the other hand, KC was straight trash those years so, ummmmm, peace out Country Breakfast.
He can still hit, it's kind of sad Valencia would treat a teammate like that, it's not like Butler is hitting like Smoak or Goins.

PLOT TWIST!

Coco Crisp, Eric Hosmer, Yonder Alonso back Danny Valencia after Billy Butler altercation

From the article:

...teammates current and former vouching for Valencia’s personality and remaining conspicuously silent on Butler.

Kansas City Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer tweeted this as Slusser’s story began to percolate through baseball media:

Eric Hosmer ✔ @TheRealHos35
Don't understand all the negativity towards Danny Valencia. One of the better teammates/friends I've had in this game.
8:02 PM - 21 Aug 2016

Hosmer shared the Royals clubhouse with Valencia for the first half of Kansas City’s AL pennant winning 2014 campaign and was Butler’s teammate for four seasons.

Coco Crisp, not exactly a happy camper himself in the A’s clubhouse, added this in reply:

Covelli Crisp ✔ @Coco_Crisp
I feel the same, Danny has been one of my favorite teammates as well. Solid guy and a hard worker. https://twitter.com/therealhos35/status/767557546915819521 …
8:28 PM - 21 Aug 2016

A’s first baseman Yonder Alonso also tweeted out support for Alonso in this since-deleted tweet (h/t Joe Serrato):

CqbyntIUMAAr6EC.jpg

He can still hit, it's kind of sad Valencia would treat a teammate like that, it's not like Butler is hitting like Smoak or Goins.

Pretty sure Tragic's scenario was a joke.

Didn't realize how high on the bat Joey Votto's hands are. Almost like a slap/singles hitter

E: Best team in NY is their little league team. Start recruiting Yanks gaf

Top Bottom