• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Line_HTX

I think I'm going to give up on this season. Valbuena done for the year and we've fallen so far behind again after not beating against those who we're supposed to beat in front of us in the standing has really bummed me out.

Fuck Texas, and I hope Toronto shuts out San Fran in the World Series Game 5.

Choomp

Banned
Holy shit at younger Gary Cohen! What!

CqlryqlXEAANcPp

I'm already sick of this shi-

Why hate, my friend? Embrace the improbable and live the dream for as long as possible. It feels a hell of a lot nicer for the champs to go down with a fight instead of that shit we were watching in June.

I'm catching whiffs of 2014 right now, but there's still a 3.5 game gap left to close.

rando14

Mariner about to get humiliated on national TV....!!

*runs away and hides

EDIT: Omygawd KEN'S in the booth? Loss gonna be doubly embarrassing..........

Hogger

Oh man those future jerseys they busted out in the 90s were awful. ESPN just showed a Griffey highlight for that game. Dude looked like he was wearing g the Kanye hip-hop tee.

jbug617

Banned
Butler snitched on Valencia. Then said he was a bitch and was not going to do anything about it. Valencia punched him on the temple.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-injured-teammate-danny-valencia-punch-temple

According to the Chronicle, Butler had interrupted Valencia's conversation with the equipment rep to say Valencia regularly uses spikes that are in breach of his contract, adding that the rep's company should terminate Valencia's endorsement deal.

"Don't you ever loud-talk me in front of a rep," Valencia said to Butler after the equipment representative had left, before walking swiftly toward him, according to the Chronicle report. "That was wrong."

"I can say whatever I want, and your bitch ass isn't going to do anything about it," Butler reportedly replied.
Valencia punched Butler in the head before the brief fight that followed was broken up, the Chronicle reported.

Butler and Valencia have been fined an undisclosed amount by the team, and Butler was placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list Monday. Butler missed Oakland's games Saturday and Sunday with what manager Bob Melvin said was nausea and vomiting.

The A's have a shit payroll.

This is a team paying Coco Crisp $11m and Billy Butler $12m amd .639 OPS Jed Lowrie has $14m guaranteed through 2018.

The payroll management of the Athletics has to be the worst in baseball. So much of the payroll is going to absolute dead weight.

Valencia is going into his Arb 3 year, and will probably get $5m+ next season. But the A's can just cut him. Butler has another goddam $12m to go on his deal.

But the Athletics should just cut both of them, and then make sure Crisp's extension doesn't get triggered. The A's would only be out $12m, but small price to pay to get rid of all this nonsense on what should be a last place club (thanks Angels?).

And then ownership simply has to review the front office situation.

I still think the Donaldson trade could be somewhat salvaged by the end of the decade, but that primarily depends on Barreto. Still, no need for that trade. And then the signings over the winter, rebuilding a bullpen at a price premium that still isn't great, while some of the players in last year's bullpen have gone on to very solid seasons elsewhere.

Finally, I've lost faith in both Curt Young, and I never had faith in Darren Bush.

But the Athletics are nothing if not loyal. And they tend to turn things around quickly with young players and 2nd chances, but now other teams are doing that very same thing and Oakland's had no answers to the changing landscape in recent years.

I still love my Athletics, but...

fbummEv.jpg

The A's have a shit payroll.

This is a team paying Coco Crisp $11m and Billy Butler $12m amd .639 OPS Jed Lowrie has $14m guaranteed through 2018.

The payroll management of the Athletics has to be the worst in baseball. So much of the payroll is going to absolute dead weight.

Valencia is going into his Arb 3 year, and will probably get $5m+ next season. But the A's can just cut him. Butler has another goddam $12m to go on his deal.

But the Athletics should just cut both of them, and then make sure Crisp's extension doesn't get triggered. The A's would only be out $12m, but small price to pay to get rid of all this nonsense on what should be a last place club (thanks Angels?).

And then ownership simply has to review the front office situation.

I still think the Donaldson trade could be somewhat salvaged by the end of the decade, but that primarily depends on Barreto. Still, no need for that trade. And then the signings over the winter, rebuilding a bullpen at a price premium that still isn't great, while some of the players in last year's bullpen have gone on to very solid seasons elsewhere.

Finally, I've lost faith in both Curt Young, and I never had faith in Darren Bush.

But the Athletics are nothing if not loyal. And they tend to turn things around quickly with young players and 2nd chances, but now other teams are doing that very same thing and Oakland's had no answers to the changing landscape in recent years.

I still love my Athletics, but...

fbummEv.jpg

You need a new stadium. Not a shit bowl.

You need a new stadium. Not a shit bowl.

Sure, that too.

In other news, from GAF's very own OOTP League, now entering its 2022 season (and where the Dodgers are actually good):

Will Alex Rodriguez be elected to the GAF Online Baseball League Hall of Fame?
Tuesday, December 28th, 2021
With the 2022 GAF Online Baseball League Hall of Fame announcement next week, fans are eagerly looking forward to seeing how many electors will vote for Alex Rodriguez.

With an impressive 23-year career, New York Yankees fans are busy making the trek to hear his name announced as a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

While not the only name on the ballot, Rodriguez is widely expected to be the top name when results are announced.

Eligible voters can cast their ballots until the results are announced on January 4th, 2022.

Rodriguez is hitting .295 during his 2742-game career. He has 3056 hits, 541 doubles, 31 triples, 669 home runs, 2033 RBIs, 326 stolen bases and 1989 runs scored.

Top Bottom