• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Donaldson on hitting:

CqopogDVYAAWkK2.jpg:large

I seriously see him becoming a batting coach when he is done, that one MLB Network interview he did really opened my eyes to how knowledgeable he is on that aspect.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Danny Ecker
‏@DannyEcker

BREAKING: Guaranteed Rate has purchased naming rights to U.S. Cellular Field. Will be known as Guaranteed Rate Field thru 2030.

Velcro Fly

Guaranteed Rate Field is such a shitshow name for such a terrible franchise and team.

I thought U.S Cellular Field and The Cell were bad enough.

jbug617

Banned
Pesky Pole is gone next season
Red Sox owners proposed several ideas and were approved, including the replacement of Pesky’s Pole with a sturdier version. The pole earned its name during Johnny Pesky’s playing career in the 1940s, and was popularized by broadcaster Mel Parnell in the 1960s. The name became official in 2006 with a Red Sox ceremony on Pesky’s 87th birthday.

Other changes include a new video board replacing the Cumberland Farm’s sign in right field. One proposed change that was not approved was the addition of 124 seats where the dugouts currently stand, which would involve moving the dugouts forward.
http://www.boston.com/sports/boston...placed-as-part-of-2017-changes-to-fenway-park

The fuck kind of field is Guaranteed Rate? What are you guaranteed on, fair concessions?

Guaranteed mediocrity. A proud White Sox tradition!

:(

or:
@barstoolWSD "The Rate, where interest is at an all-time low."

and the company's logo fits perfectly for the direction of this franchise.
ls.jpg

Dre3001

I get that teams make money from naming rights but at what point is it too much?

Guaranteed Rate????

White sox should have taken a lower bid for a better sounding name.

billeh

I get that teams make money from naming rights but at what point is it too much?

Guaranteed Rate????

White sox should have taken a lower bid for a better sounding name.
They're not going to overpay some aging outfielder going with the lowest bidder!

UPDATE - Alex Rodriguez was indeed elected to the GAF OOTP Hall of Fame class of 2022 in his first year of eligibility.

No other player was inducted. The closest to the magic number were Ichiro with 74.7% of the vote, and Roy Halladay at 74.2%. Mike Mussina is creeping up the ranks with 65.8% of the vote this year.

2016 MLB Anime MVP Ryan Howard reached only 2.7% of the vote in his first year of eligibility and will no longer appear on the ballot.

In other news, from GAF's very own OOTP League, now entering its 2022 season (and where the Dodgers are actually good):

Will Alex Rodriguez be elected to the GAF Online Baseball League Hall of Fame?
Tuesday, December 28th, 2021
With the 2022 GAF Online Baseball League Hall of Fame announcement next week, fans are eagerly looking forward to seeing how many electors will vote for Alex Rodriguez.

With an impressive 23-year career, New York Yankees fans are busy making the trek to hear his name announced as a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

While not the only name on the ballot, Rodriguez is widely expected to be the top name when results are announced.

Eligible voters can cast their ballots until the results are announced on January 4th, 2022.

Rodriguez is hitting .295 during his 2742-game career. He has 3056 hits, 541 doubles, 31 triples, 669 home runs, 2033 RBIs, 326 stolen bases and 1989 runs scored.

Top Bottom