• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Brinbe

Was at the dome tonight. Great Monday crowd and a solid W. Great to see Ez contribute in a big way.

Def need to keep this going while we've got weaker opposition.

Giants lost?

fyeah.gif

Was at the dome tonight. Great Monday crowd and a solid W. Great to see Ez contribute in a big way.

Def need to keep this going while we've got weaker opposition.

I was there too! John Tory was sitting 2 rows in front of me and this girl in a Keirmaier t-shirt was getting heckled hard lol

Mortemis

Banned
Ms on a six game winning streak, 2.5 games back from the wild card.

Why must you give me hope. :( All they're gonna do is fuck it up.

Good for Joe West. It is bs when teams do that.

it happens nearly every game from every manager. joe west just decided he had gone long enough without attention.

Kerry Wood ‏@KerryWood 8h8 hours ago
I just don't want him in the post season. Enough of the #JoeShow

Ok I'm done. We all know he sucks. Good night.

gamz

it happens nearly every game from every manager. joe west just decided he had gone long enough without attention.

I just don't want him in the post season. Enough of the #JoeShow

Ok I'm done. We all know he sucks. Good night.
Plus the dude just lost a no-hitter. Anways, Joe made sure Chapman got some time to warm up. Joe being brilliant as usual.

Choomp

Banned
Man, I freaking love Kyle Hendricks. It's weird, I tend to dislike the best team in the league each year but I really love the Cubs. The two big guns seem like awesome guys and all the young dudes who can seemingly play any position are really fun to watch. I really miss Schwarber too, that guy is one of my faves

gamz

Man, I freaking love Kyle Hendricks. It's weird, I tend to dislike the best team in the league each year but I really love the Cubs. The two big guns seem like awesome guys and all the young dudes who can seemingly play any position are really fun to watch. I really miss Schwarber too, that guy is one of my faves

vkMfQug.gif

Wally Backman has come out saying he quit the Mets and said he wasn't fired. He's been the AAA manager since 2011. He quit after being informed he wasn't being called up to the Majors to finish the season. Luis Rojas, the manager of the single-A club, is being called up. He said there was no future for him in the Mets organization and pretty much said it's because he's not Sandy Alderson's type of guy.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Pirates shutting down Cole for the rest of the season. He has posterior inflammation in his right elbow.

Beckx

Pirates shutting down Cole for the rest of the season. He has posterior inflammation in his right elbow.

bad end to a disappointing season for cole

much like this month is a bad end to a disappointing season overall

i think i've prepared myself for additional offseason disappointment as the massive payroll space gets left unused.

i am way more bitter than i thought i'd be about the miserable starting pitching staff the team elected to field this year.

BFIB

Their bandwagon is full. Come join the Indians w/ me!

New reports coming out that the rumored deal between the Dodgers and Brewers that would have swapped Yasiel Puig and Ryan Braun was so close, Braun was camped out in the Miller Park clubhouse with some of his stuff already packed. The reports indicate that they simply ran out of time and they couldn't agree on which prospects would go to the Brewers. The Dodgers were one of six teams Braun could not veto a trade to.

Bob Nightengale expects the swap to happen over the winter.

It was also noted that the Giants and Braves both seriously pursued Braun, but the Braves will probably back off now that they have Matt Kemp.

Adam Jones says the reason they don't have any protests is because baseball is a white man's sport. 28 percent of MLB players are foreign born. you are a dumbass Adam Jones.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/adam-jones-explains-lack-of-mlb-protests-baseball-is-a-white-mans-sport-181954000.html

I don't see why that's an incorrect statement...28% seems like the non-people of color/non-foreign born players are still the majority, and the bulk of that 28% are still very unlikely to threaten their livelihoods for a game in which they aren't the majority of players.

I'd say it's reasonable to expect that Masahiro Tanaka won't be wearing a "Black Lives Matter" shirt, or that Miguel Sano would not be kneeling during the national anthem in protest/solidarity - especially not for a problem/protest they may not even understand or relate to. And the players that might understand/relate to it, like McCutcheon or Heyward or Adam Jones? They make up a tiny amount of MLB. Probably reasonable to think that the 8% of players in the league might be behind the 8 ball on this one.

Adam Jones says the reason they don't have any protests is because baseball is a white man's sport. 28 percent of MLB players are foreign born. you are a dumbass Adam Jones.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/adam-jones-explains-lack-of-mlb-protests-baseball-is-a-white-mans-sport-181954000.html

You think some poor Dominican kid that doesn't really speak English well and isn't versed in the history and dynamics of race in America is gonna stick his fucking neck out? When you know he's primarily the bread winner in his family? C'mon son.

I don't see why that's an incorrect statement...28% seems like the non-people of color/non-foreign born players are still the majority, and the bulk of that 28% are still very unlikely to threaten their livelihoods for a game in which they aren't the majority of players.

I'd say it's reasonable to expect that Masahiro Tanaka won't be wearing a "Black Lives Matter" shirt, or that Miguel Sano would not be kneeling during the national anthem in protest/solidarity - especially not for a problem/protest they may not even understand or relate to. And the players that might understand/relate to it, like McCutcheon or Heyward or Adam Jones? They make up a tiny amount of MLB. Probably reasonable to think that the 8% of players in the league might be behind the 8 ball on this one.

You think some poor Dominican kid that doesn't really speak English well and isn't versed in the history and dynamics of race in America is gonna stick his fucking neck out? When you know he's primarily the bread winner in his family? C'mon son.

because there is nothing stopping Adam Jones or McCutcheon or Brandon Phillips or any other prominent Black Baseball player from protesting. and to say Baseball is a "white man's sport" is silly considering there are players from 17 countries and/or territories.

Top Bottom