• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

because there is nothing stopping Adam Jones or McCutcheon or Brandon Phillips or any other prominent Black Baseball player from protesting. and to say Baseball is a "white man's sport" is silly considering there are players from 17 countries and/or territories.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-colin-kaepernick-white-mans-sport/90260326/

“No one has done it, yet,’’ Jones says. “But that’s the key word here: Yet.

“We will see.’’

You're right, nothing is stopping them - so that's why Adam Jones addressed exactly that. Also, would it be a more palatable statement if he put "mostly" in front of white man's sport?

Because numerically speaking, it still is. I'd be curious to see who's going to/watching baseball games too, or who's playing baseball around the USA (or even around the globe). I'd be willing to bet that'd be numerically accurate still, too.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just came up that Sully's last broadcast is Oct. 2nd. He won't call any potential Dodgers postseason games.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
And, culturally, as much as race can be reflected in culture, baseball in America is a white person's sport.

That obviously doesn't hold up at the international level, but within America it becomes unmistakably "white" in its modern attitude.

Mortemis

Banned
And, culturally, as much as race can be reflected in culture, baseball in America is a white person's sport.

That obviously doesn't hold up at the international level, but within America it becomes unmistakably "white" in its modern attitude.

Sadly, yeah. Anyone know of any good articles or documentaries that talk about baseball's falling out with black people? I feel like I read a really good one but I'm completely forgetting.

I also remember recently reading about Manfred's efforts to get baseball more popular in black communities, and how this draft had more black players than usual. I wonder how that's going.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-colin-kaepernick-white-mans-sport/90260326/

“We will see.’’

You're right, nothing is stopping them - so that's why Adam Jones addressed exactly that. Also, would it be a more palatable statement if he put "mostly" in front of white man's sport?

Because numerically speaking, it still is. I'd be curious to see who's going to/watching baseball games too, or who's playing baseball around the USA (or even around the globe). I'd be willing to bet that'd be numerically accurate still, too.

because starting off with a "white man's sport" makes it needlessly antagonistic, I have a problem with that. protest, I would/will support him and agree with his message but he's
now bringing attention to himself unlike Kaperniek who just started doing it.

DireStr8s

Sadly, yeah. Anyone know of any good articles or documentaries that talk about baseball's falling out with black people? I feel like I read a really good one but I'm completely forgetting.

I also remember recently reading about Manfred's efforts to get baseball more popular in black communities, and how this draft had more black players than usual. I wonder how that's going.

Here's Chris Rock's take on it:
http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/04/22/chris-rock-baseball-black-players-fans-hbo-video

Noah needs to learn a balk move you know the one thats obviously a balk but they do it everytime so the umps are ok with it but god forbid if anyone else tried that and they dont normally do it they would call a balk on you immediately. One of those. Why he would ever walk anyone is beyond me just throw it right down the middle if they hit a double so what because if you walk them its an auto double anyway. Grandmothers can run on him. Sad ! I can see the Mets make the wild card and he starts and the other team steal 8 bases and wins in a blow out. He can never be a really good pitcher letting this continue.
End rant.

“We will see.’’

Not only is it a mostly white man's sport, the viewership is mostly older white males.

Lol CC's contract stipulation. He has to survive the rest of the season to get paid next season?

Not even generally survive, but just his left shoulder. He literally could have missed the entire season with a back, neck, or knee injury, and his option would still vest. His left elbow wasn't even written into the clause. He could have missed all year with Tommy John or something and his option still vests.

Fucking Stroman

He can't fight the temptation to leave the ball up, he's got a little man complex and just constantly felt the need to impress instead of keeping to what he's got, his stuff is not bad but he has to pitch smart and keep the ball low, which works against his personality. Just doesn't have the smarts for an ace.

Malvingt2

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
Braves HR leaders dating back to Kemp's ATL debut (Aug. 2)
Freeman 12
Kemp 8
Markakis 6
Garcia 5

man...

Dave Roberts has just gone pitcher for batter for the past 4 batters.

giphy.gif

EDIT: He finally stuck with a pitcher for more than one batter!

Top Bottom