• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

BFIB

Red Sox 2017 schedule is out.
CsVLZatVIAAOfu-.jpg:large

So two home games against the Cards and a quick two at Busch?

Schedules suck.

BFIB

Cards open at home. First time since 2011. Against the Cubs. Gonna be sweet to start 0-3.

They also head to NY and face the Yankees. Malo, we'll have to put the alliance on hold during that series, as I wish nothing but the worst to happen to the Yankees during those games.

Malo

Banned
Cards open at home. First time since 2011. Against the Cubs. Gonna be sweet to start 0-3.

They also head to NY and face the Yankees. Malo, we'll have to put the alliance on hold during that series, as I wish nothing but the worst to happen to the Yankees during those games.
I'll allow it.

Baseball will just not be the same without Vin. For those that have grown up in or around LA, a piece of us, and the memories of our families, will retire with him.

Who the heck will take on the job of following up a legend like Vin?

I hope it's a new, fresh voice, and not the current Dodger B team of broadcasters.
It'll be a B team person. Probably be Charley Steiner.

At the dome.. Gibbons is an idiot. Why the fuck are you bringing in Dermody? This team is fucking terrible right now.

He puts in players regardless of capability, he's literally working against the roster, like he's trying to throw the season away.

If he gets fired he'll never manage again, maybe bench coach, but he'll never get another chance managing a team if he fucks this up. He KNOWS that the batting order is not strong enough to catch up. He almost always makes it harder for the team to get a win.

Time for rebuild mode for the Jays. Fire all of the coaches. Trade players for prospects. Sink into another 22 year playoff drought.

We'll probably go into Cleveland mode, where they have to start from scratch because Shatkins want to have their own players and coaches.

The coaches should be fired though, just one bad decision after another. When you're in a playoff chase and you're throwing AAA pitchers in there regardless of the situation, you're shitting away the season. The last 20 games are always the hardest, but when you have a manager who manages like this it's not going to work.

Time for rebuild mode for the Jays. Fire all of the coaches. Trade players for prospects. Sink into another 22 year playoff drought.

Not sure who they'd even trade. Bautista & EE are most likely gone after this season (Saunders, too, but considering how he's played for the last few months, that's addition by subtraction). Estrada is tanking his value. Can't imagine many people would want to take Martin or Tulo off their hands without the Jays chipping in substantial parts of their salaries. Guys like Smoak and Pillar are basically worthless. That only leaves a couple of younger guys (Stroman, Sanchez, Osuna, and Travis) who should probably be kept around in the hopes they can form the core of the next contending team; Donaldson, who basically becomes the face of the franchise next year; and Happ. Donaldson should/would fetch a decent return, but beyond that, it's not like they have a tonne of great trade chips.

Not sure who they'd even trade. Bautista & EE are most likely gone after this season (Saunders, too, but considering how he's played for the last few months, that's addition by subtraction). Estrada is tanking his value. Can't imagine many people would want to take Martin or Tulo off their hands without the Jays chipping in substantial parts of their salaries. Guys like Smoak and Pillar are basically worthless. That only leaves a couple of younger guys (Stroman, Sanchez, Osuna, and Travis) who should probably be kept around in the hopes they can form the core of the next contending team; Donaldson, who basically becomes the face of the franchise next year; and Happ. Donaldson should/would fetch a decent return, but beyond that, it's not like they have a tonne of great trade chips.

Donaldson is who they'll get the most in return for. If this team misses the playoffs Bautista and EE are guaranteed to not come back.

They'll be getting 3 comp picks with Saunders,EE and Jose, so that'll help.

If they ate 6-8 million a year off of Martin's deal they'd easily get something good in return. Same with Tulo.

Sanchez and Osuna are honestly the only untouchables in my mind, unless someone blows them away.

Also Happ and Estrada are good pieces for contender's. So if Shapiro wants to go into full rebuild mode, it could easily be done.

I'm convinced we're paying for our 3 WS in the last 5 years with all these blown saves and seemingly unimaginable ways to lose games....and we'll be paying for them for many many more years to come.......

BFIB

Well....at least the Cubs won't clinch on the Cards turf.

Meanwhile, I am pledging for the Cards to play every game on the road next year.

Malo

Banned
Ken Rosenthal

Per @MLBNetwork research: Chapman, Miller since leaving #Yankees: 1.83 ERA, 39.1 IP. Clippard, Warren since joining NYY: 1.82 ERA, 39.2 IP.

Chapman and Miller who?

gamz

Ken Rosenthal

Per @MLBNetwork research: Chapman, Miller since leaving #Yankees: 1.83 ERA, 39.1 IP. Clippard, Warren since joining NYY: 1.82 ERA, 39.2 IP.

Chapman and Miller who?

Warren sucked shit with the Cubs, but thank you for Chapman.

gamz

Thanks for Torres!

Your'e welcome. Glad you didn't take Eloy Jimenez. Surprised you didn't! Dude is gonna be a monster.

Anyway, that was a great trade for both teams. Esp if they in the WS.

Torres didn't have a future here with Baez and Russell. He's going to be a good one tho.

What is wrong with Gsellman? I have seen like 5 or 6 of his ABs and he has tried to bunt every single time regadless of the situation. 2 outs, bunt. 2 outs 2 men on, bunt. He would be better off just standing there with no bat maybe he could walk. They say pitchers are auto outs but he takes it a while nother level. How Collins allows that to continue i have no clue. Hes no fooling anyone either its no like hes suprsing the pitcher.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I like how Roark's pitch to Rivera was a ball and Gsellman's pitch in literally the exact same location to Rendon was a strike.

Top Bottom