• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Jim Thome is in your future.

Only if he agrees to be the DH.
There is no reason at all why the White Sox are mired in mediocrity since 2006. They have two of the best pitchers in baseball on dirt cheap deals but still are too fucking cheap to get a proper hitter for the outfield/DH so they trotted out Avisail Garcia almost every day.

They haven't developed a position player since Magglio Ordonez but still don't make any changes and fucking extend the farm director Buddy Bell because Reinsdorf thinks he is a nice guy. Kenny Williams instead of being let go after 5 disastrous years in a row gets promoted and is still involved in Rick Hahn's(who I actually like) decision making.
It's no fucking surprise the White Sox and Bulls are a joke in their respective sports.

/rant

There is no reason at all why the White Sox are mired in mediocrity since 2006. They have two of the best pitchers in baseball on dirt cheap deals but still are too fucking cheap to get a proper hitter for the outfield/DH so they trotted out Avisail Garcia almost every day.

They haven't developed a position player since Magglio Ordonez but still don't make any changes and fucking extend the farm director Buddy Bell because Reinsdorf thinks he is a nice guy. Kenny Williams instead of being let go after 5 disastrous years in a row gets promoted and is still involved in Rick Hahn's(who I actually like) decision making.
It's no fucking surprise the White Sox and Bulls are a joke in their respective sports.

/rant

They've refused to rebuild for years. They chase free agents every year thinking they're going to compete. They don't need to go into a full rebuild like the Cubs did, but they should definitely step back for a year or two and build the farm. I'd say they should blow it up, but then nobody would ever go to a game.

They've refused to rebuild for years. They chase free agents every year thinking they're going to compete. They don't need to go into a full rebuild like the Cubs did, but they should definitely step back for a year or two and build the farm. I'd say they should blow it up, but then nobody would ever go to a game.

They actually did a rebuild in 2013 and 2014. Avisail Garcia(ugh) is the longest tenured position player. One of the biggest problems is that every player they've brought in performed significantly below their career averages except for Melky. I don't know whether it's coaching or talent evaluation or both but something has to change on the position player side. There is no reason at all for the Sox being near the bottom of the league in runs scored year after year playing in their home ballpark.

edit: They should probably stop bringing in players from the NL. Thinking about that, are there actually NL players who switched leagues and not gotten worse in recent memory? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

bebop242

I'm starting to think if Chapman makes a big impact on this Cubs team, especially if he records the last out in the WS, he's not going anywhere this offseason.

I'm starting to think if Chapman makes a big impact on this Cubs team, especially if he records the last out in the WS, he's not going anywhere this offseason.

There's no way in hell the Yankees wont pay out the ass to get him back.

Especially if/when they trade Miller.

Malo looks like you might save your avatar after all if the Mets keep shitting on themselves.

Heyman says the Yankees might be in play for Sale.

OMG

I don't know how Heyman's sources are in the Yankees organization but he knows jack shit about the White Sox front office. Nightengale is the guy to listen to when it comes to White Sox rumots. Rumor has it that he's one of Kenny Williams best buddies.

/rant

I can't believe I was upset when Melky Cabrera went to the Sox lol, so glad the Jays let him go

gamz

They don't have the luxury of a full on rebuild and draw in fans. The cell would be a ghost town for 3 years. Wrigley will draw fans no matter what. And Jerry in his 80's and probably does not want to see it.

Malo

Banned
Buster Olney

Sources: The Marlins, who have been looking for rotation depth, have an agreement in place to acquire Padres right-hander Andrew Cashner.

wbsmcs

Huge series for the Jays this weekend. Love the way the pitching lined up too with Estrada, Happ, Sanchez. First place by Monday and never looking back!

wbsmcs

Cashner and Colin Rea for Josh Naylor and other prospects.

That's a big price. Marlins best positional prospect. Is Colin Rea supposed to be anything more than a 4/5 starter?

Ha, according to Jon Morosi, Marlins are acquiring Cashner and Rea because JoFer is going to be on restricted innings...

They don't have the luxury of a full on rebuild and draw in fans. The cell would be a ghost town for 3 years. Wrigley will draw fans no matter what. And Jerry in his 80's and probably does not want to see it.

Yeah when the Cubs stunk even Wrigley was half empty for a lot of games and that's located in Chicago's fucking Disneyworld. There is no way the Sox draw in that neighboorhood when they suck(as shown in the last 5 years). They have to be competitive or move to the suburbs. But with that sweet lease Reinsdorf got that's not happening he is laughing all the way to the bank.

How much could Colon fetch us?

I wish we were 4-5 more games out of the WC. Ces could get us sooooo much.

Eh, Colon's probably worth somewhere between a team's #5 and #10 prospect. Maybe tack on a live arm that's in A or High A.

Why would you want to deal Cespedes with 2 more years of control? The next few years is the Mets' window. Cespedes helps you more than hurts you. So why deal him? Just because you can?

Cashner and Colin Rea for Josh Naylor and other prospects.

Whoa. Naylor and Castillo would be a real nice return. Go Pads.

Eh, Colon's probably worth somewhere between a team's #5 and #10 prospect. Maybe tack on a live arm that's in A or High A.

Why would you want to deal Cespedes with 2 more years of control? The next few years is the Mets' window. Cespedes helps you more than hurts you. So why deal him? Just because you can?

Ces doesn't have 2 more years of control. He has an opt-out that he's going to take at the end of this season.

What is Naylor's estimated MLB arrival? Also can he play another position other than first since it seems that Myers will be in San Diego for awhile.

BumRush

There's maybe a 1% chance he stays on with his current deal since he can opt out this year.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
SF now 2-10 since Corran's ketchup-ized thread title.

What's it gonna take for you to repent Corran????

Mortemis

Banned
M's have called up Guillermo Heredia. Should give us some much needed outfield defense and speed on the bases. Hopefully his bat will be similar to what he was hitting in AAA.

SF now 2-10 since Corran's ketchup-ized thread title.

What's it gonna take for you to repent Corran????

Have we finally found a way to break the even year cycle?

Praise ketchup! /pukes

Top Bottom