• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

BigAT

Using Josh Beckett as some sort of cautionary tale seems kind of....odd. I'd still trade any reliever for a young Josh Beckett in a hearbeat.

Yeah, what the hell kind of criticism is that?

"Hey, if this guy doesn't develop he's only going to be Josh Beckett." WHAT?!

thats not a good gamble....miller was a top pitching prospect too and flopped in the rotation.

not to mention the top pitching prosects list over the last few years has been...poor.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/top-100-prospects/all-time#2015

Alright.

I'm still gonna take the guy who throws 100 with good movement and solid secondary offerings over a relief pitcher.

Giolito for Miller is highway robbery.

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/al/new-york-yankees/heyman-giolito-not-enough-yankees-trade-miller/

As the New York Yankees take calls on left-handed reliever Andrew Miller, the asking price is said to be three times what the team got for Aroldis Chapman, which makes sense since Miller could affect three seasons, not just one.

Thus, Washington Nationals top prospect Lucas Giolito wouldn’t be enough of a return for the Yankees to move Miller, sources say.

In discussions with the Chicago Cubs, word is the Yankees asked for slugger Kyle Schwarber plus more for Miller.

That's INSANE.

Friggz

Alright.

I'm still gonna take the guy who throws 100 with good movement and solid secondary offerings over a relief pitcher.

Giolito for Miller is highway robbery.

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/al/new-york-yankees/heyman-giolito-not-enough-yankees-trade-miller/

That's INSANE.

its not insane though. how big do you think the nationals and cubs windows to win is? fir the nationals:
harper is gone in 2 years, scherzer will be 2 years older, werth will be gone

cubs will be losing arrieta, lackey, lester will be entering his sabathia decline. thats a lot of their rotation with not much help in the minors thats 2 years ago.

i dont understand the mindset of not going all in when you have a good window now? also ted lerner is 90+ and probably doesnt wants to win a championship before he dies.

its not insane though. how big do you think the nationals and cubs windows to win is? fir the nationals:
harper is gone in 2 years, scherzer will be 2 years older, werth will be gone

cubs will be losing arrieta, lackey, lester will be entering his sabathia decline. thats a lot of their rotation with not much help in the minors thats 2 years ago.

i dont understand the mindset of not going all in when you have a good window now? also ted lerner is 90+ and probably doesnt wants to win a championship before he dies.

you really think the cubs window is closing because of their old rotation? theo's plan all along was to build the team for long-term success by building a super young positional core, and then filling out the rotation through free agency and trades. the rotation is definitely their biggest area of need going forward, but they have so many young cheap position players with lots of control that they'll be able to use pretty much all of their tradeable assets and money on the rotation going forward.

the cubs are build for the long haul.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I guess Jim Johnson is getting traded today. May he fare better after moving this year than he did last year.

Is it really? The Cubs gave up their #1 prospect and then other mid-level prospects on top of that just to RENT Chapman, no contract extension included.

Trading for what has been a top-5 reliever in the game for 2/3 years running (and one who can set up or close, no problem), who isn't old, and who is on a controllable and relatively-cheap contract should cost more than that.

I dunno if it should be for an entire farm system, though...but hey, that's the market. It's Miller/Wade Davis...and everyone else.

the cubs overpaid for chapman, but people are overstating torres. he's the type of guys who could fall rapidly. i think people see "cubs" and "top prospect" and get excited thinking about the other recent top cubs prospects. torres is not that kind of prospect. in fact, i think eloy is a much better prospect.

but giolito for miller? that is madness. i understand being very guarded when it comes to pitching prospects (i hate pitchers) but you don't trade a guy like that for a reliever. i don't care how good the reliever is, or how long he's under control for. the risk of losing a TOR starter is not worth the reward of getting an amazing reliever.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Trade us Giolito, Nats:

W63dLlp.jpg

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Sherman is saying the Nats haven't offered Giolito for Miller.
Yeah that rumor was ridiculous, no way the Nationals would do that. Especially when they can just put Lucas in the bullpen for the remainder of the season if they wanted.
I guess Jim Johnson is getting traded today. May he fare better after moving this year than he did last year.
I wonder who we will trade Jim/Kelly Johnson for again next year.

zulux21

I plan on chewing aspirin all weekend & into Monday.

I plan on mostly ignoring the trade deadline as the rumors for sale are to constant right now I will just wait and see if he gets traded and if he does look at the return and see if I am happy or not.

if he does move though I have a feeling I will be happy because the white sox will likely get quite the package for him.

Great, they didn't resign Murphy cause they wanted him to be the future second baseman. Now he's in the doghouse? Only the Mets.
Right? And it's not like he hasn't been producing, before he hurt his shoulder in late may, he was hitting .320.

I'll never understand this team.

Top Bottom