• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Line_HTX

Please kill me, Bautista...

Coiz-gtUMAAVFH6.jpg:large

Chris R

M's have called up Guillermo Heredia. Should give us some much needed outfield defense and speed on the bases. Hopefully his bat will be similar to what he was hitting in AAA.

He's a CF right? Maybe we can have him play left to prevent Aoki fucking up this weekend.

Mortemis

Banned
He's a CF right? Maybe we can have him play left to prevent Aoki fucking up this weekend.

Definitely where he'll play, and if he works out he can give Martin some days off during this long ass stretch and play CF.

20160727-nori-aoki-doing-stupid-shit-again.0.gif

Perfectly fine if I never see this again.

Velcro Fly

Sending La Stella to Iowa just rubs me the wrong way. Coghlan has been not that great this year for the Cubs. Like we are just keeping this dude on the major league club because they gave up something to get him back. Ugh.

gamz

Sending La Stella to Iowa just rubs me the wrong way. Coghlan has been not that great this year for the Cubs. Like we are just keeping this dude on the major league club because they gave up something to get him back. Ugh.

Nah. He's a vet that has been successful with the Cubs. He doesn't have options and 3AM does. That's all it is.

Whelp there goes our shot at the WC.

That said, long term, the Marlins are FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED.

Eh not really. I was high on Naylor last year but his defense is a major red flag to me. He has platoon/DH written all over him.

Cosart has honestly been a huge disaster and to be honest will probably be nothing more than a 4th or 5th guy in the rotation. He has been awful in AAA and the majors this year.

Capps was arguably our best reliever, but he had TJ surgery and who knows how effective he will be next year. Plus we've been pretty good without him this year.

Castillo might be good, but I think he is at least another year or two from being league ready.

Cashner should fit in nicely as our number 3 and should have better numbers with a defense that doesn't suck. Rea could easily slot in as our number 5 starter.

If Hal won't let Cashman make that deal he's got brain damage.

That's fucking highway robbery on the Yankees part.

I don't care how good Miller is, he's a reliever.

BumRush

If I'm Cashman / Hal I don't even think twice about that deal...you make that trade

With that said, I hate even thinking about either of those teams getting better

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I hope the Yankees are stupid enough to turn it down since it's the Nats on the other end of it.

Will Cashman sell?

ooooohhhhhhh shit son.

If that's true, Cashman needs to do that agoddamnsap.

The best (or arguably one of the top 5 to 10) pitching prospect in the game, flat-out? Gotta do that. I'd want to be greedy and get one more prospect (and maybe you gotta trade something else along w/Miller) so that you diversify the risk of having a Phil Hughes/Homer Bailey type deal, but no matter what, Yankees should close any deal that gets Giolito or a similarly S-rank prospect for Miller.

Line_HTX

rofl, Astros having trouble with attendance?

They're doing decently well, it's just there's something awkward about the play-by-play TV announcer talking about Pokemon, lmao

It was supposed to be this season, but they ran into some problems with the bidding for construction and it wouldn't have been completed in time for this season.

BOOO, it's going to be gone no matter what? Fuck this shit.

If the Boss was still alive he'd have Cashman sorting out plane tickets for Giolito literally as we typed about it.

Hal has no idea how to run a team.

Using Josh Beckett as some sort of cautionary tale seems kind of....odd. I'd still trade any reliever for a young Josh Beckett in a hearbeat.

I'll take Robles and Lopez as a consolation prize.

That's more like it to me.
Giolito is really an excellent prospect, and if I had a gun to my head I'd make that deal...but diversifying the risk is even better. I'd hate for them to have Miller on point for another 2 or so years closing games and end up with Giolito being a bust of a prospect.

I'd be down to do Miller and other stuff to get Robles and Lopez. They can keep Turner, Fedde and Giolito, Yanks get some more high-impact prospects. Nats pen becomes good again, Yanks retool with something like Warren/Severino or Green/Betances in the pen. Everyone wins!

Top Bottom