• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

TraBuch

Banned
I feel like last year when the Braves got Olivera, someone here was trying like hell to convince me that it was a good trade and that Olivera would be good while I was bitching about it from the moment it was even speculated.

Malvingt2

I feel like last year when the Braves got Olivera, someone here was trying like hell to convince me that it was a good trade and that Olivera would be good while I was bitching about it from the moment it was even speculated.

I was part of the team "bad trade"

made no sense to me..

TraBuch

Banned
Got a feeling if Kemp is traded, he won't be a Brave for long.

Braves trade for Kemp, Padres pay for some of the contract, Braves trade Kemp plus some other guys to some AL team, Braves pay part of the contract, Braves get Moncada and Benintendi.

Believe.

Malvingt2

‏@DOBrienAJC
#Braves and #Dodgers have completed the Olivera-for-Kemp deal, pending physicals. Wow, I did not believe ATL could find a taker for him.

TraBuch

Banned
Honestly, I don't get why they don't just release him. Kemp basically has negative value and even with Padres paying some of his contract, the Braves would still be using less money by just releasing Olivera.

carlos

I'm just glad that they've admitted as much and moved on, although adding Kemp might still be an albatross.

yup...lets see how much money SD is sending over...

just when you think they can finally stop paying for uggla, c johnson, swisher, bourne, quentin, etc. , now they have to deal with this

RBH

I'm a-ok with Matt Kemp for Olivera.

Curious to see how much money San Diego sends to Atlanta, but with the way free agency is shaking out over the next couple of years along with the obvious elephant in the room of Olivera's off the field stuff, I can understand why the move was done.

jJvTyzM.gif

Cubs are starting Brian Matusz for some reason tomorrow.

i was on board with the eventuality of a 6-man rotation for the 2nd half back when the cubs had a 10+ game lead, but i don't know about this now. the odds of them winning the division are still well over 90%, but still. they better be confident matusz can pitch well, because the rest of the rotation is looking good.

no sir, total , not per year

braves paying around 20 million for 3 years and the rest of this year for kemp, aside from the olivera sunk cost

you mean 20 million extra. it sounds like the braves ignored that olivera was a sunk cost and compounded the mistake by taking on a more expensive replacement level player. they won't be competing for most/all of kemp's remaining deal, so it doesn't really matter in terms of payroll restrictions, but i don't see the point.

Mets need to speed this game up to get it official before the big rain comes. I fell like they will score alot then just get rained out before it goes official if they dont.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
you mean 20 million extra. it sounds like the braves ignored that olivera was a sunk cost and compounded the mistake by taking on a more expensive replacement level player. they won't be competing for most/all of kemp's remaining deal, so it doesn't really matter in terms of payroll restrictions, but i don't see the point.

I think the thinking is that at least they got a warm body back who might give them some value. As you said the cash isn't a huge issue, so I think they'd rather take a chance on Kemp giving them something for more money rather than just walking away with nothing.

Top Bottom