• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

BumRush

Its infuriating really. You look at the lineup and you really don't see any obvious places for improvement but they all shit the bed way too much.

Heyward could step up in a big way. If he does, that's a big right handed bat for them. Otherwise, you're absolutely right.

Buster Olney

Among the teams talking about a Carlos Beltran deal: Houston Astros, Boston Red Sox, Texas Rangers, Indians.

I'll happily deal with the red Sox.... We'll take Moncada or Benintendi.

umm-no.gif

RBH

Question for Cubs fans.

I'm thinking about going to a game next week (Cubs/Angels), and I was curious about the parking situation at Wrigley Field. What's the average cost? Is it easy to find parking? I'm coming in from the south suburbs right after work btw.

Chuck

Still without luck
I'll never fucking understand the Orioles moves. Signings or trades, they've all been total shit. They get lucky here and there, but when you are spending 28 million dollars on 3 starting pitchers which have an average era of SIX, what the fuck are you even doing.

This organization really seems to be spinning its wheels when it's come to player development for the last few years. You know that MLB poll of the 100 top minor league prospects? Guess how many the O's have. Did you guess a fucking goose egg? I bet you did!

Really, it just seems like in 2 or 3 years, after we probably lose manny and a few others, well just be back to our tried and true losing ways. Duqueette will get fired and they'll start rebuilding again.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'll never fucking understand the Orioles moves. Signings or trades, they've all been total shit. They get lucky here and there, but when you are spending 28 million dollars on 3 starting pitchers which have an average era of SIX, what the fuck are you even doing.

This organization really seems to be spinning its wheels when it's come to player development for the last few years. You know that MLB poll of the 100 top minor league prospects? Guess how many the O's have. Did you guess a fucking goose egg? I bet you did!

Really, it just seems like in 2 or 3 years, after we probably lose manny and a few others, well just be back to our tried and true losing ways. Duqueette will get fired and they'll start rebuilding again.

What they really need is to reboot their entire player development system. At least on the pitching side.

Mortemis

Banned
ESPN should bring out one of their bs stats right now. We gotta be the worst team in baseball when it comes to hitting while its bases loaded and 0 outs. Gotta.

Your farm system is a burning tire fire of awful because you haven't developed it in years and invest in FA's instead.

There's a reason most pundits and people picked the O's to finish pretty low this year, pitching depth is non-extant and you can't rely on an offense designed purely for Camden Yards to work 82 other times.

The window for tearing it down and starting again closed, Machado is still there, he's worth too much to trade for or to give up, so for the next three years, be prepared for an Angels level of ineptitude at some point.

Braves and Yankees have agreed on the players involved on a Brian McCann trade. The only thing now is how much money the Yankees would cover on McCann's deal. But it's looking like McCann is heading back to Atlanta.

Malo

Banned
Braves and Yankees have agreed on the players involved on a Brian McCann trade. The only thing now is how much money the Yankees would cover on McCann's deal. But it's looking like McCann is heading back to Atlanta.
Where are you seeing this?

the cubs offense is less than 10 runs away from leading the league, but it's been feast or famine all year. there's no real reason to believe it will continue that way, and there's nothing you can do to fix it, but it's really god damn frustrating to watch.

TraBuch

Banned
You traded nothing for them and you need guys who aren't complete garbage at their respective positions to eat games.

Diaz hits 101 out of the pen? Damn.
We need guys who aren't complete garbage so we get 2016 Matt Kemp and Brian McCann? Tyler Flowers has been worth .3 less WAR than McCann in 30 less games.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
You traded nothing for them and you need guys who aren't complete garbage at their respective positions to eat games.

Diaz hits 101 out of the pen? Damn.

I'll reserve my criticism until we see if it happens and how much they end up paying, but you're going to have a tough time convincing me that they needed to take on both of Kemp's and McCann's contracts.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I'd rather just let flowers be the starter, don't see McCann as much of a upgrade at this point.

Top Bottom