• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

BumRush

Mets fans will be crying by the end of the day. Either because the Mets overpaid for a bat or because the Mets didn't trade for a bat and the season is over.

I pray they don't make any moves. There are no bats that can help us win the world series this year. I wish we were 5-6 more games out so we could have been sellers instead.

Mets now the favorites for Jay Bruce.

To help you understand why I hate this, Jay Bruce is having the best offensive season of his career. Is sitting on a 125 wRC+, has a decent TS line, isn't striking out a ton.

And he's still only worth 0.7 r and fWAR. Because his defense is, quite literally, the worst in baseball.

To put it in perspective, he's worth what Buster Posey, Trevor Story, CarGo, and George Springer have been offensively, and is so so bad defensively that he's still barely above replacement level.

This is an apocalyptically stupid deal.

I shiver at the thought of his noodle arm throwing back to second from center.

Oh. And even better.

Conforto, the guy who needs to play every day to figure out MLB pitching. The guy we need to be an elite bat to be even remotely competitive in the future.

He either gets sent down or, more likely, is a bench player.

Oh. And even better.

Conforto, the guy who needs to play every day to figure out MLB pitching. The guy we need to be an elite bat to be even remotely competitive in the future.

He either gets sent down or, more likely, is a bench player.

Conforto has been jerked around the entire season. I am surprised more hasn't been said of this. It's almost like they said "Hey, let's do everything in our power to make it hard for him to adjust to the big leagues with very little room for error/struggles."

He should have been put in 6th hole in the lineup and left there for the first 3+ months of the season to, you know, develop. He should have also been afforded the opportunity to face LHP with the exception of the Kershaw's, etc. Right about now is the time I expected them to consider moving him into the middle-of-the-order if things went well but in reality this season has been an utter slog and borderline disaster for the collective group, not just Conforto.

Concerning a trade for Bruce, I don't know how it fits unless they would also be swinging a deal for Lucroy and moving an OF or two (Nimmo - OK, Conforto - please don't). I can't see the Mets being that active though.

Conforto has been jerked around the entire season. I am surprised more hasn't been said of this. It's almost like they said "Hey, let's do everything in our power to make it hard for him to adjust to the big leagues with very little room for error/struggles."

He should have been put in 6th hole in the lineup and left there for the first 3+ months of the season to, you know, develop. He should have also been afforded the opportunity to face LHP with the exception of the Kershaw's, etc. Right about now is the time I expected them to consider moving him into the middle-of-the-order if things went well but in reality this season has been an utter slog and borderline disaster for the collective group, not just Conforto.

They were, at the time, in the heat of a divisional race (which is now over, we lost) and couldn't afford to sacrifice a spot in the order, at the time, to a perceived nil asset.

Turns out the entire team sans Ces was a nil asset and that yeah Conforto should have been playing every day to develop. But that's then and now.

And Bruce is happening. It's gonna be Nimmo. It might be Cheech. Bruce is our replacement for when Grandy leaves.

They were, at the time, in the heat of a divisional race (which is now over, we lost) and couldn't afford to sacrifice a spot in the order, at the time, to a perceived nil asset.

Turns out the entire team sans Ces was a nil asset and that yeah Conforto should have been playing every day to develop. But that's then and now.

And Bruce is happening. It's gonna be Nimmo. It might be Cheech. Bruce is our replacement for when Grandy leaves.

I think if he would have been placed in say the 6th hole with regular ABs and left there for an extended period he would have been a completely different player up until this point in the season.

Instead, he was hitting all over the lineup and even hitting 3rd for extended stretches only to be told he will play against LHP and then told he won't and then again...

Then he struggled and was sent out after a six week slump but they had zero problem with him hitting 3rd and being there most productive hitter early on.

It's just been a whirlwind of sorts of a season with him and the Cespedes LF/CF/quad issues certainly isn't helping and now they're asking Conforto to play some CF as well. Simply no consistency at all regarding anything in allowing him to get comfortable as the season moves along.

I think if he would have been placed in say the 6th hole with regular ABs and left there for an extended period he would have been a completely different player up until this point in the season.

Instead, he was hitting all over the lineup and even hitting 3rd for extended stretches only to be told he will play against LHP and then told he won't and then again...

Then he struggled and was sent out after a six week slump but they had zero problem with him hitting 3rd and being there most productive hitter early on.

It's just been a whirlwind of sorts of a season with him and the Cespedes LF/CF/quad issues certainly isn't helping and now their asking Conforto to play some CF as well. Simply no consistency at all regarding anything in allowing him to get comfortable as the season moves along.

Well yeah because this FO, I'm just gonna say it.

Has no idea what they're doing. They think it's still 2004 and positional versatility means "play any OF anywhere and it'll work" and place too much emphasis on walk rates and ISO over other offensive measurements.

Conforto needs to play every single day. If he dips below .200 while figuring it out, he dips below .200. But he needs to never come out of the line up.

I can't recall being ever so nervous during deadline day. The whole direction of the White Sox could be changed for the next 5 years...

Nobody's gonna pay for Sale and I don't think Q gets traded either.

You're probably right but it's still nervewrecking.
I don't think the league values Quintana properly so I don't see it either.
Personally i would be okay with Sale getting traded but Jose is such an awesome dude that I hope he stays forever.

crpav

I don't want Sale or Quintana to leave this team but I guess business is business. I just don't understand trading the best pitchers you have when the issue of the team is the manager, hitting coach and bullpen. Guys like Sale don't come around often and getting rid of them for prospect hitters who may not pan out?

Line_HTX

fuck your shitty team, we're coming in

YEAHHHHH

I hope Gomez gets traded away. He's been so unhelpful.

I'm almost wishing for Jeff Luhnow to pull the trigger and make panic trades, lol

love the hyperbole of mlb network

they already have giants winning the division and kershaw pitching a wild card

dodgers are 2 games back and kershaw hasn't pitched in a month

With no Kershaw in sights for the Doyers for the foreseeable future?

i want what MLB Network is smoking

jbug617

Banned
The insiders are saying the Red Sox and White Sox had late night discussions about Sale. Seems like the package starts with Benintendi and possible E.Rod.

The Dodgers lost the Jay Bruce sweepstakes!

Yay!

Either way, the Dodgers are going to toss the Giants out of the playoffs.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Feels like every team that DIDNT get Bruce won the trade deadline lol

Do not get the logic of AL team fans being happy they didnt get him. Texas could have easily used him. Just plug in him at DH half the time.

Not sure how I feel about him in an already messy OF defensively for the Mets. Whatever they need guys who can hit so this works.

Top Bottom