• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

White Sox front office right now:

nintendovqcya.gif

They just have to deal Robertson.

Maxim726X

Well, that's not encouraging to hear. Here's hoping he regains his stuff back.

I mean, I don't know how you could have expected to do better than the 4th overall pick in last year's draft for Carlos Beltran.

His first season in A ball means relatively little.

I mean, I don't know how you could have expected to do better than the 4th overall pick in last year's draft for Carlos Beltran.

As a highly drafted college pitcher he should dominate low A. Sometimes college pitchers just can't hack it in the pros. It happens.

Maxim726X

As a high drafted college pitcher he should dominate low A. Sometimes college pitchers just can't hack it in the pros. It happens.

deGrom had a 5.1 ERA his first year in A ball too... Clearly, he had the talent to be drafted that highly. Certainly wouldn't give up on him this early on.

He projects as a BP piece.

It's a decent get for 2 months of a 40 year old DH. But he's not a top-100 guy, they're rating him on projecting his build getting a little more rounded out and his mechanics ironed.

He should be dominating the level. He isn't. His stuff is just meh.

dionysus

Yaldog
I remember when Beltran had that monster half season with the Astros and got them to the World Series. He leveraged that into that huge contract.

I'll always love Beltran.

Malo

Banned

Beltran is having his best offensive season in years, I know he's a dh at this point, but I was hoping for a back-end top 100 guy.

I guess this means a lot more Hicks, huh? Ugh

3N16MA

Banned
Well, that's not encouraging to hear. Here's hoping he regains his stuff back.

Yanks are going on his potential. High pick and former top 100 prospect. If he regains his form and is a solid mid rotation arm then it is a great deal for Beltran.

Just read Tate suffered from drastically diminished velocity this year... Did he get hurt as well?

His mechanics are a huge red flag. Might be dealing with something. But honestly, his biggest issue is that he's 165 pounds soaking wet and can't put a lot on it when he's worn out.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Susac became expendable once Trevor Brown showed he could be a competent backup.

Bickford....hmmm...when SF trades away a pitching prospect in recent years, it's worked out for them. They either don't pan out (e.g. Tim Alderson) or have injury issues (e.g. Wheeler). The last major pitchers traded away that they should have kept were what, Liriano and Nathan back in 03?

Malo

Banned
Yanks are going on his potential. High pick and former top 100 prospect. If he regains his form and is a solid mid rotation arm then it is a great deal for Beltran.
The Chapman and Miller deals had me expecting too much. It's an okay return.

Now, please, get rid of Nova. I'll take a bag of balls for him.

Yankees weren't getting shit for Beltran anyway, who was going to be a FA after this season and can only DH. Tate is as much a lottery ticket as any draftee, and if they're getting even more than that? Yeah, I'm happy.

Realistically speaking, there was no way to do much else - so another shrewd move by Cashman.

Meier

A shame to let Grant Holmes go but if it was between him and De Leon, I'm glad we kept JDL. As long as we keep him and Urias, I'll be happy.

I think Jharel Cotton is a future MLB player so this was a nice trade for the A's. Hopefully Hill stays healthy for the rest of the season.

@KyleAGlaser: Before Tate was drafted, Big West coach told me he was hittable despite velo. Flat plane, predicted he'd get hit hard in pros. It's happened

P much what happened. His heat has no life, now that it's flat and slow, he's just a BP arm.

Hill's as good as anyone when he can stay on the hill.

It's a lottery ticket for the playoffs for sure. If he gets starts in the postseason, the chances of winning those games is high.

I think Friedman and Beane played this one well. Friedman has unlimited capital to spend and a very deep farm system he can supplement over the winter. Beane got three legit prospects for a 36 year old pitcher and Reddick.

That said yeah you guys aren't gonna be watchable for a bit.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Jeff PassanVerified account
‏@JeffPassan
2019 Yankees?

Sanchez 2
Bird 3
Mateo 4
Machado 5
Torres 6
Ellsbury 7
Frazier 8
Harper 9
Judge DH

SP: Fernandez, Tanaka, Sheff, Kap, Tate

Malo?

Even if he finds a place in the pen and manages to regain from it will be a good move. Elite pen arms are valuable.

No it's a good move. I'm just saying I don't think you acquired a top-50 guy like some people will say.

I think he'll be fine in the pen, and for 2 months of a 40 year old DH that's a great return.

Dre3001

This trade deadline simply confirms that the Rays organization as a whole is completely finished since the departure of Friedman and Maddon.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I cannot believe there was a bidding war for Matt Moore. Honestly a few months ago I didn't even think there would be a team willing to just take his salary off the books, the idea hes worth assets is insane. Dude is trash.

Top Bottom