• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

cashman

Banned
@JackCurryYES
In addition to Dillion Tate, Yankees are also getting RHP Eric Swanson and RHP Nick Green from the Rangers.

Swanson is decent.

Malo

Banned
Ken Rosenthal

Source: #Pirates talking to #Yankees about Nova.

If the pirates can fix Nova, I'll eat a hat.
@JackCurryYES
In addition to Dillion Tate, Yankees are also getting RHP Eric Swanson and RHP Nick Green from the Rangers.

Swanson is decent.
Can you give me some info on them? Never heard of either guy.

Dre3001

I cannot believe there was a bidding war for Matt Moore. Honestly a few months ago I didn't even think there would be a team willing to just take his salary off the books, the idea hes worth assets is insane. Dude is trash.

Looking at what relievers are getting teams in addition to pitchers like Rich Hill, Pomeranz, and Cashner and its not hard to believe teams would be in on Moore. IMO he is better than those last three pitchers I just named easily.

Odorizzi, Moore, and Erasmo could have all fetched a huge return for the Rays. Not too mention Steve Pearce is having a great season on a one-year deal and will most likely leave in the offseason for absolutely nothing.

Rather than try to move a starting pitcher where we have a surplus we decide to trade our 4th outfielder for 2 useless minor league players, one of which whose ceiling is the player that we just traded.

Rays GM is completely overmatched.

BumRush

If only Bruce was slightly above average in the field, I'd be absolutely thrilled right now (as I'm pretty sure Ces is bolting in the offseason), but UZR says he's THE WORST RIGHT FIELDER soooo...

Edit: DILSON NOOOOOOOOOO

cashman

Banned
Ken Rosenthal

Source: #Pirates talking to #Yankees about Nova.

If the pirates can fix Nova, I'll eat a hat.

Can you give me some info on them? Never heard of either guy.

@scottrlucas 1m1 minute ago
RHP Erik Swanson, was 8th round of 2014. Injured much of 2015, stepped forward this year. Big fastball (t98), vanilla secondaries

He's a big dude who'll probably end up in a MLB bullpen in the future. Nick Green on the other hand is a starter still I think, with poor secondaries and ok fastball. Fringe prospect at best.

@JackCurryYES

Swanson is decent.

Nice. Fringy prospects, but good depth in the system.

Okay, crazy dreamer GAF.

How ridiculously implausible would it be for a team - any team - to trade for Mike Trout? Angels are barren in their farm beyond belief. Like, many of their best players are injured, and the ones that aren't are old and/or closed to washed up (Pujols, Weaver) - and they'll be paying them through 2020. They will not win shit, even in Trout's next few years. A-Rod and other generational talents were traded before, too. Is it even possible to trade for Mike Trout if you have a deep-enough farm system?

...and could the Yankees do it, maybe?

Malo

Banned
@scottrlucas 1m1 minute ago
RHP Erik Swanson, was 8th round of 2014. Injured much of 2015, stepped forward this year. Big fastball (t98), vanilla secondaries

He's a big dude who'll probably end up in a MLB bullpen in the future. Nick Green on the other hand is a starter still I think, with poor secondaries and ok fastball. Fringe prospect at best.
Thanks. Swanson could be interesting.
Feel like if I was a Mets fan, I'd be pretty upset right now.
Got my popcorn ready, waiting on fp's take.

cashman

Banned
Jeff PassanVerified account
‏@JeffPassan
Source: Joey Gallo would be centerpiece of the package going back to Milwaukee if Jonathan Lucroy deal is completed. Been talking for days.

aw fuk

cashman

Banned
TR Sullivan ‏@Sullivan_Ranger 3s4 seconds ago
Rangers getting close to Lucroy... Lewis Brinson and Luis Ortiz in deal

... + Gallo?

oh god

Top Bottom