• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

I wonder if after the 6 game win streak, and being in first place if the white sox will finally get into the top 20 team rankings for mlb.com on monday lol.

I wonder if after the 6 game win streak, and being in first place if the white sox will finally get into the top 20 team rankings for mlb.com on monday lol.

power rankings are stupid, but you can't really blame them for not falling for a fluke april record.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
cKzbeU8.jpg

It5pprg.gif

RBH

The Braves are drawing sharply higher local TV ratings than a year ago.

Through their first 17 telecasts on Fox Sports South and Fox Sports Southeast, the Braves’ ratings increased 64 percent in the Atlanta TV market compared to the same point last season, from a 1.4 average rating then to a 2.3 this season.

That includes a 73 percent jump for the first 12 night games, from a 1.5 last season to a 2.6 this season.
http://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/braves-ratings-are-sharply-this-season/nDPLw6yLn2ZRO58nt3WwWP/

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Safe to say Freeman will never become a Brewer:
Freddie Freeman had a game-winning home run in the ninth inning Friday to continue his run of robust hitting at Miller Park, but it did nothing to change his opinion of the place and his comfort level hitting there.

“No. I think it’s a bad-lit Little League field,” Freeman said before Saturday night’s middle game of the three-game series. “I can’t see anything here.”

“I mean, I’ve had maybe one or two good series here out of six,” he said. “But I can hardly see the ball. I think it was a ball in the first (inning), double play, and I almost missed it because I couldn’t see the ball until it got on me. It’s just dark. … And they shot off those fireworks (before the Brewers’ first inning) and the fog just got trapped in there, it was hard to see. I even asked all their guys, I said I don’t know how you guys play in here. I would not be good here.

“I’m just glad it’s three games and out. I don’t see the ball well, at all. I feel like Little League fields are lit better than this. Obviously they have no problem (Freeman laughed) because their guys are hitting. I guess you get used to it. Our lights at SunTrust (Park) are awesome. Turner Field was a little dark. …

“It just seems like I can never barrel balls up here (at Miller Park) consistently. It’s like seeing dark balls coming in.”

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Ken Rosenthal‏Verified account
@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Nationals’ Eaton has torn ACL, out for year.

Welp

zulux21

power rankings are stupid, but you can't really blame them for not falling for a fluke april record.

oh don't get me wrong they are.
but fluke record aside the white sox are still much better than they are getting credit.

by betting odds and season predictions they were 16-20th in general yet no one will put them in the top 20 power rankings :p

I just enjoy reading their reasons why because a lot of times it's funny.

Ken Rosenthal‏Verified account
@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Nationals' Eaton has torn ACL, out for year.

Welp

That sucks, and makes the trade even more lopsided for the white sox even though two of the three prospects have been sucking it up for them.

I hope he recovers well and comes back strong next year.

Thought someone here said it wasn't too bad? It's what I thought at first, but still damn.

I think it was just a few of us hoping it wasn't to bad.
I think pretty much everyone figured it was bad given how it looked.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Losing Eaton sucks hard and now Michael A. Taylor is going to get tons of playing time for the third straight year.

I don't get the lopsided trade stuff though, Giolito looked bad last year and Lopez was only a little better. Obviously they can improve but for now it looked to be in the Nationals' favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom