• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quality of poutine you can obtain depends on where you call home (especially in the U.S.).

If you can find some genuine cheese curds and have the ability to make some decent fries and gravy then you're set.

Yeah it's not a hard food to get right just based on the parts. It's just not a thing in most places until very recently. I live in NW PA pretty close to Buffalo (and therefore Toronto) and there is a lot of poutine here.

Sanjuro

He said if he gets thrown at again he's taking care of business himself.

Someone is dying and they ain't wearing orange.

W1kwG3y.jpg

Branduil

Really great how the Rangers are going to waste 5 years of Darvish and the last years of Beltre's career. As expected of the worst franchise in the history of sports.

Chris R

Mariners fucking shit up, man it feels good to be home watching some shitball again.

Screw watching competent teams play

Mortemis

Banned
Mariners fucking shit up, man it feels good to be home watching some shitball again.

Screw watching competent teams play

For the last four or five games I've watched, every time I turn on the TV the other team starts to pour in a bunch of runs or we blow the lead. Honestly making me contemplate just completely ignoring the season and checking back in June to see what their record is.

Chris R

For the last four or five games I've watched, every time I turn on the TV the other team starts to pour in a bunch of runs or we blow the lead. Honestly making me contemplate just completely ignoring the season and checking back in June to see what their record is.
They went .500 last week when I was on a work trip and vacation lol

Got to watch though, nothing else to do

Marz

Man Judge is just insane. Wonder if he's just really hot or if MLB pitching just hasn't found the hole in his swing yet to exploit. I know he has godlike power so we'll see if he will actually be a perennial 40 homer type of guy or if he turns into a Chris Carter Mark Reynolds type.

One more for the good guys.

Glad to see the team not come out looking dead after last night. Maybe if Kershaw grows a handlebar mustache the team will score 10+ runs for him.

Chris R

Mariners are becoming the mlb edging champs. Some nights they even let you leave happy, like we won't be tonight even after tying this game

Montresor

So I don't follow MLB much but this morning I'm watching highlights on TV.

They showed Manny Machado upset that he's getting hit by fast balls on purpose, swearing.

Then they cut to the pitcher that hit him, and all he can say is "Heh, whatever, what can I say, not losing sleep tonight".

Damn what a huge cunt (the pitcher, not Machado).

Is my reaction ("what a cunt the pitcher is") common among other baseball fans?

Sanjuro

They showed Manny Machado upset that he's getting hit by fast balls on purpose, swearing.

Then they cut to the pitcher that hit him, and all he can say is "Heh, whatever, what can I say, not losing sleep tonight".

Manny Machado has not been hit by a baseball yet this season.

He is a huge cunt and should be suspended for his actions.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I knew the Rangers bullpen was terrible, but actually SEEING the meltdown happen in real time is something amazing.

I get a kick out of watching old man Pujols wreck shit. Who lets that fat man steal 3rd, honestly?

Angels get a lot of shit but considering how lackluster their overall roster is, and their slew or pitching injuries already this season, I'm not sure how they're currently 2nd in the West against arguably 'better' rosters...

Sale is well known for being a cunt hair above the rest of them. Pitchers in general always feign innocence when throwing at batters since admitting it will earn the pitcher a suspension, as Cole Hamels learned when he admitted to beaning Bryce Harper during the latter's rookie season, the reasoning being whatever backwards ass stupid unwritten rules were in effect at the time. I think Harper's offense that particular day was "standing at home plate."

alemmon

I get a kick out of watching old man Pujols wreck shit. Who lets that fat man steal 3rd, honestly?

Angels get a lot of shit but considering how lackluster their overall roster is, and their slew or pitching injuries already this season, I'm not sure how they're currently 2nd in the West against arguably 'better' rosters...

Shhh.... lets just enjoy the ride. Watching Pujols steal 3rd last night was a sight to behold. I dont know how this team cobbles together wins, but I am okay with it.

Sanjuro

Sale is well known for being a cunt hair above the rest of them. Pitchers in general always feign innocence when throwing at batters since admitting it will earn the pitcher a suspension, as Cole Hamels learned when he admitted to beaning Bryce Harper during the latter's rookie season, the reasoning being whatever backwards ass stupid unwritten rules were in effect at the time. I think Harper's offense that particular day was "standing at home plate."

Sure, but that doesn't really explain the story.

bumclot

Man Judge is just insane. Wonder if he's just really hot or if MLB pitching just hasn't found the hole in his swing yet to exploit. I know he has godlike power so we'll see if he will actually be a perennial 40 homer type of guy or if he turns into a Chris Carter Mark Reynolds type.

We're hardly out of April, so I don't want to get too excited, but I think it's encouraging that pitchers had found a hole in his swing to exploit last season, and he worked to fix that.

Judge had a strikeout rate of about 44% last season; this season, 26.3%. He's also making contact and walking more often this season. Baseball is the cruelest sport, so I want to see his stats after he's been around the league a couple times, but Judge has shown the ability to adjust, which bodes well for the former and not the latter.

BigAT

We're hardly out of April, so I don't want to get too excited, but I think it's encouraging that pitchers had found a hole in his swing to exploit last season, and he worked to fix that.

Judge had a strikeout rate of about 44% last season; this season, 26.3%. He's also making contact and walking more often this season. Baseball is the cruelest sport, so I want to see his stats after he's been around the league a couple times, but Judge has shown the ability to adjust, which bodes well for the former and not the latter.

Yeah, Judge's .424 OBP and fantastic patience at the plate this year are arguably just as important and exciting as his home runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom