• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 100 games:

Bryant: 21 HR .544 SLG
Stanton: 26 HR .556 SLG
Gyorko: 29 HR .570 SLG

gyorko-e1482929121948.jpg

I've grown to really like Gyorko :lol

RGVNOE

Should've been bowman in this spot instead of broxton, hopefully he can get the out

Matheny can't keep playing with fire like that all year

zulux21

just crap.

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/229515918/white-sox-tim-anderson-mourns-loss-of-friend/

Branden Moss, the godfather to White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson's daughter and his close friend since shortly before high school, was tragically murdered Sunday morning in Tuscaloosa, Ala.

Moss ended up talking to one of the other men involved in the fight while that man sat in his car in the parking lot, when another man not involved in the fight came up from behind and shot Moss several times. Moss was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Anderson sat out Sunday's game in Baltimore after receiving news of Moss' death.

Upon hearing the news, Anderson said his first reaction was a lot of tears followed by thoughts of the last conversation and last text messages the two had. Anderson put Moss' initials on his hat when he returned to action Tuesday.
"Because he means a lot to me," Anderson said. "He was a special part of my life. I looked up to him, and we made each other better."

Sweet, 6-0 road trip. Now for 4 tough weeks of baseball…

3 vs Cubs
2 vs Sox
3 vs SF
3 @ LA
3 @ Coors
4 vs LA
3 @ Cubs
4 @ Reds

If they can go at least .500 in this next stretch, I'd be content.

not as bad when you consider the 3 wins to start that stretch

I fully expect the shitty pitcher the Cubs are starting on Friday to baffle the Cardinals and shut them out for 7 innings.

Sweet, 6-0 road trip. Now for 4 tough weeks of baseball...

3 vs Cubs
2 vs Sox
3 vs SF
3 @ LA
3 @ Coors
4 vs LA
3 @ Cubs
4 @ Reds

If they can go at least .500 in this next stretch, I'd be content.

Luckily we should miss Sale with the Red Sox. And they're starting Kyle Kendrick for the first game it looks like. But that'll be a tough stretch.

Maeda looked damn good tonight. Bellinger is basically rolling with "you can't demote me bitchezzzzz" numbers right now

The biggest beneficiary of the Toles injury is probably Adrian Gonzalez to be honest

Joc is next to sit if space is needed

I feel like Kyle Kendrick is not a big league level starter. Just a hunch from his past couple of starts/entirety of his fucking career to this point.

DFA him and Farell

Sanjuro

Apparently, the reason Jeter was such a jerk in that interview a few weeks ago was because he hates A-Rod.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/11/espn-host-jeter-beside-himself-angry-over-interview-with-a-rod/

Remember that awkward interview Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez had with CNBC’s Bob Pisani while promoting a charity event last week?

Well, according to ESPN radio host Dan Le Batard, Jeter wasn’t happy he had to share the same space with A-Rod, whom he has had a notoriously rocky relationship with for years.

“I actually learned, factually, that Jeter was beside himself angry at that interview he had to do with Alex Rodriguez, first and foremost, because nobody told him he’d have to be sitting there next to Alex Rodriguez,” LeBatard said on his radio program.

If that was the case, it still seemed Jeter was able to work with Rodriguez in trying to stop Pisani from asking questions they didn’t want to answer, including a query about the status of their personal relationship toward each other.

Beckx

Maeda says he had a video conference with former teammate/Carp pitcher Kris Johnson to get tips on his cut fastball. (Johnson won the Sawamura award in 2015, Maeda's last year with the Carp.)

when did the pirates get so bad?

so this year felt like they were going to be mid-80s in wins with some big questions in pitching. What actually happened:

• Jung Ho Kang had a 3rd DUI in Korea and currently cannot get a Visa to re-enter the US
  • Starling Marte (the only legitimately decent defensive outfielder we have) got bopped for PEDs
  • McCutcheon and Harrison are mere shells of the players they were in 2015
  • the team defense overall has become jaw-droppingly, mind-bogglingly, how is this a major league team level of bad (in particular, Cutch and Polanco have regressed significantly)
  • I'll re-emphasize it: we probably have the worst defense in MLB.
  • on the pitching side, there have been several positives: Cole is better, Taillon was emerging as a legitimate ace, Nova has been impressive, and Rivero/Watson have been solid. Glasnow has gotten lit up but you can see the stuff that will make him a 1-2 starter in the future.
  • Taillon was diagnosed with cancer earlier in the week and is out indefinitely.

so basically: the unexpected loss of several key players + horrible, horrible defense has offset better than expected pitching. it's going to be a long season in the burgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom