• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit at how bad Alcides Escobar has been. .179/.204/.226 with a wRC+ of 8. He has 225 PA.

Do the Royals really not have anyone better to play shortstop?

Holy shit at how bad Alcides Escobar has been. .179/.204/.226 with a wRC+ of 8. He has 225 PA.

Do the Royals really not have anyone better to play shortstop?

We do. He's even been leading off "because we win when he bats lead-off! Esky-magic!" Our main shortstops down at Omaha are Ramon Torres (batting .320/.343/.443 on the year) and Raul Mondesi (batting .319/.361/.540, but has a .095/.156/.167 in 15 games in the MLB this year).

Between Moss/Gordon/Escobar, we have the worst bottom of the order I've ever seen. At least Moss has been hot at times with the home runs, but has been really, really streaky.

Beckx

Dan Haren is a national treasure

@ithrow88

.@ClaytonKersh22 Omg 4 more k's to pass a Dodger legend. 5 more and you pass Orel Hershiser.

DBfhHonUMAA5A1c

I don't want to live in a world where the Astros are Series champs :(

Came close in 2015 and made the Royals (my team for most of the years) play against the wall. I wouldn't have been surprised if they came close to win or won in 2015 if they passed the Royals.

When I wasn't cheering for the Royals, I was mostly for Rangers when my cousin, Nick Tepesch, pitched for them. I didn't care if the Rangers won a lot, just wished for success for my cousin. Now, my cousin is in the Twins organization. It was crazy last year when he was rotating between a few teams (Rangers, Dodgers, A's) and, finally, with the Twins. He's had injury issues though.

My only solace is that this difficult stretch of baseball is almost over for the Cards and the Cubs haven't run away with the division yet. But the Cards are a deeply flawed team that couldn't hit themselves out of a paper bag.

BFIB

My only solace is that this difficult stretch of baseball is almost over for the Cards and the Cubs haven't run away with the division yet. But the Cards are a deeply flawed team that couldn't hit themselves out of a paper bag.
Honestly, this team doesn't deserve to win. It's the same team as last year plus Fowler. Mo knew he had to make changes but for some reason he felt big chances weren't necessary.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
This is real somehow
As such, the Ogden Raptors are proud to celebrate the great 'Sport Sans Clock' with Hourglass Appreciation Night on Friday 11 August 2017 at Lindquist Field.

The home team hosts the Billings Mustangs, but the real thoroughbreds will join Raptors broadcaster A.P. Harreld in the booth. Since August is the eighth month of the calendar year, and an 8 looks tantalizingly similar to an hourglass, be there a better way to remind the world that baseball needs no clock than to feature 18 hourglass-shaped color commentators?

That's right! Stars Talent Studio of Salt Lake City will provide a different stunner each half-inning. And the Raptors will video-stream the broadcast booth - well, at least the better-looking half of it!

#08-11-17 .

Fans will have the opportunity to pose for pictures with the lovely ladies as we showcase seriously splendid visual appeal: Utah's legendary mountains, Dodgers and Reds farmhands - and gorgeous women whose curves rival those of any stud pitching prospect!
Embarrassing, and sexist! I'm ashamed for the sport. Get your house together, Dodgers.

zulux21

so I wonder what teams swing a major trade first.

with james shields coming back from the DL I imagine teams will want to see a start or two in the majors before trading for him so that likely will be closer to the trade deadline.

Derek Lane Holland might move though, as aside from his last start which was bad he has been solid all season long.

I know a few other teams will likely be trying to unload players soon though, especially starting pitching as this is the time of year when the first big starter usually moves.

so I wonder what teams swing a major trade first.

with james shields coming back from the DL I imagine teams will want to see a start or two in the majors before trading for him so that likely will be closer to the trade deadline.

Derek Lane Holland might move though, as aside from his last start which was bad he has been solid all season long.

I know a few other teams will likely be trying to unload players soon though, especially starting pitching as this is the time of year when the first big starter usually moves.

I wish the Royals would start moving players at DL or closer to thinking about it, but no body in the division has blown it out like Astros have in the AL West. I doubt we're in it and we'll have to get something with Cain/Vargas/maybe Hosmer/Moustakas/even Minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom