• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

SWING AND A MISS!

11 game winning streak!

Your AC-130 is ready for deployment.

Our AC-130 is in the air.

orbit_streaking_med_gvyw2dsi.gif

Dodgers will be in the trade market soon. They need some serious starting pitching. Other than Kersh and McCarthy , everyone else is injury prone or not cutting it. Wood has been fantastic but he's having shoulder issues. He's supposed to come back this week. Just hope this setback didn't affect him. Kenta has been awful and is in the verge of losing his starting spot. Hill is a rollercoaster to watch. They have Ethier and Joc to use as trade bait

Dodgers will be in the trade market soon. They need some serious starting pitching. Other than Kersh and McCarthy , everyone else is injury prone or not cutting it. Wood has been fantastic but he's having shoulder issues. He's supposed to come back this week. Just hope this setback didn't affect him. Kenta has been awful and is in the verge of losing his starting spot. Hill is a rollercoaster to watch. They have Ethier and Joc to use as trade bait

who would even want ethier tho lol

he's barely played the last 2 years

zulux21

I wish the Royals would start moving players at DL or closer to thinking about it, but no body in the division has blown it out like Astros have in the AL West. I doubt we're in it and we'll have to get something with Cain/Vargas/maybe Hosmer/Moustakas/even Minor.

it's always hard to pull the trigger on that rebuild.
KC is coming off their recent rebuild efforts, and it often will take longer to accept that it's time to move a bunch of the team for new talent to go for it again in a few years. even though if the white sox had gone on a 5 game winning streak instead of losing streak they would be in the wild card slot, I won't kid and think they have a chance. (though their rotation should get way better soon so watch out people who think they aren't any good) but for my team they are planning on rebuilding still so they are still in the trade quick stage.

I imagine the only starter they would maybe get from the white sox is Derek Holland.

I imagine the dodgers wouldn't want shields until he is proven healthy, and quintana's stock has likely dropped a little while the price likely hasn't dropped much if any so it's unlikely he would move to the dodgers.

I can't imagine any team considering Ethier trade bait though. injured guy, past his prime?
Joc Pederson is a bit more interesting, but he is coming back from a concussion, which often linger for a long time, and is a high strike out low average guy which seems to becoming out of favor with mlb teams.

he is a left handed power bat though so the white sox would likely have interest in him.

Line_HTX

The real test is not this weekend, but the next weekend series against the Red Sox and the weekend series against the Yankees at the end of the month.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
How is the weather in Chicago during the summer? Me and my dad planning on flying to some ballparks on my three day weekends, want to check out Wrigley first.

BFIB

How is the weather in Chicago during the summer? Me and my dad planning on flying to some ballparks on my three day weekends, want to check out Wrigley first.
I'll send you my Molina Jersey for the Southside. You'll never pay for a drink.

Good day to the Council.

Hopefully we have a competitive and entertaining series where all the games end in a reasonable and timely manner with Red Sox victories!

Good day to the Council.

Hopefully we have a competitive and entertaining series where all the games end in a reasonable and timely manner with Red Sox victories!

Psh, forget that.
Crush our enemies. See them driven before us. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Tanaka needs to go on the DL. It's basically a guaranteed L every time he takes the mound now.

Good job taking that L - at $89,000,000 over the next 4 years.

Malo

Banned
I'm done with Headley. Yankees don't even need to call up Torres to replace him, call up Tyler Wade.

And Carter as well. Bird and Austin can't come back soon enough.

Line_HTX

I have not heard Bob Costas calling a game in over 15 years. This is pretty awesome.

Tanaka not spilling the spaghetti so far.

I have not heard Bob Costas calling a game in over 15 years. This is pretty awesome.

Tanaka not spilling the spaghetti so far.

Really? He calls 3/4 of the games that MLBN broadcasts themselves (as opposed to just showing the broadcast from one of the teams' own affiliated networks).

Vasgersian will call a few, but the majority of the time it's Costas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom