• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Mariners

Adios .500

Gonna be four games back when the fucking Blue Jays sweep us when we travel to their new western home stadium.

Fuck you, British Columbia. I normally love you guys, but not for the next three days.

Just a note, Toronto is laughing at you. They don't care.

Mortemis

Banned
Of course we lose. Will we ever be above .500?

And damn it, it's that time of the season for the worst home series eh. Fuck Vancouver blue jay fans (I miss you tho Silver Arrows!)

Beckx

Former Giant/National Chris Marrero made his NPB debut for the Orix Buffaloes today. Down by a run with a man on, he hit a ball over the wall for an apparent come from behind HR.

While he was celebrating in the dugout, the opposing catcher called for a review.

Marrero didn't touch home plate. Out at home.

http://tv.pacificleague.jp/vod/pc/topics/blooper/20924

That's one way to have a memorable debut.

Beckx

That account is going to be a live look in at a tire fire

good on the Cards tho

speaking of, did ya'll see that Pillar donated money to an LGBT support charity equal to the salary he forfeited for his suspension? Not just giving a real apology but putting his money behind it too. that's how you do it.

BFIB

Cardinals are planning a LGBT Pride Night this year or next

A certain Twitter account is likely going to be busy soon
Hope Edmonds makes an appearance.
edmonds-half-shirt.jpg

Beckx

@DTonPirates

Gerrit Cole last 4 starts:
19.1 IP, 39 H, 23 R, 5 BB, 16 K, 8 HR 10.71 ERA. Batters hitting .411/.446/.800 1.246 OPS. As bad as it gets.

hey guys I just heard that the Pirates have the money to re-sign Cole and McCutcheon!

(._. )

Why do you care about the Yankees official team Twitter account blowing their own horn over a 2-day occurrence in a 162-game season?
Heck - why would anyone care?

I care about the Sox underperforming in a spotlight series. The Yankees are just an annoyance tho

A non Farrell manager is going to make Price not suck against the Yankees?

No but I'm frustrated at more than just last night. This team is just missing "it". I can't put my finger on it but they just feel more like a collection of good pieces rather than a contender to-be right now. Maybe that it is a Big Papi sized hole who knows.

And I say all this when they're only 3 games out of the division with like 100 games left to play. So yeah... take all of this with a grain of salt. But I really really really hate losing to the Yanks...

Matheny extension incoming.

Yep. As much as we want it, I think Matheny's job is safe for now. Ownership likes him a lot for whatever reason.

But maybe Matheny heard about LGBT Pride Night and is quitting because of it.

I bet 3B Coach is probably getting fired. Maloney's made some godawful calls in the past couple of weeks.

Warner called up too. Knowing Warner, he won't hold back when Mathenyging comes into play. Good work Mo.

Yeah. Short of Matheny being fired, this was probably a best case scenario.

Mo left open the possibility of selling if things don't turn around by the deadline. Still think Lynn & Oh could get some nice talent. Rosenthal, too, but I'd be more hesitant to trade him since he has another year of control.

BFIB

Yeah. Short of Matheny being fired, this was probably a best case scenario.

Mo left open the possibility of selling if things don't turn around by the deadline. Still think Lynn & Oh could get some nice talent. Rosenthal, too, but I'd be more hesitant to trade him since he has another year of control.
Glad to see Mo not staying complacent. This team needs a swift kick in the ass. His 4-6 weeks comment was good too see too, and said an overhaul wouldn't be out of the question. Also liked his comments on Grichuk. No more kid gloves.

Malo

Banned
I care about the Sox underperforming in a spotlight series. The Yankees are just an annoyance tho

No but I'm frustrated at more than just last night. This team is just missing "it". I can't put my finger on it but they just feel more like a collection of good pieces rather than a contender to-be right now. Maybe that it is a Big Papi sized hole who knows.

And I say all this when they're only 3 games out of the division with like 100 games left to play. So yeah... take all of this with a grain of salt. But I really really really hate losing to the Yanks...
What is it specifically that Farrell is bad at? Bullpen management? Not knowing when to take out starters?

And let the hate consume you.

Chris R

A hearty LOL at the BJ fans complaining about expensive tickets at Safeco. Should probably jack the prices another 30 or 50 bucks this weekend, even beyond the dynamic pricing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Souza just crushed a baseball so hard it bounced off the roof of Tropicana. There are no ground rules for the Trop when it comes to balls smashing off the roof because its never happened before lmao. Umps spent like 5 mins reviewing this shit in total confusion.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Was following the game on Gameday, opened up Twitter, and apparently Gameday is like 11 minutes behind the live feed.

Terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom