• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bartolo Colon has officially been released by the Braves after being unable to trade him and Colon (expectedly) refusing an assignment to AAA.

Mets will probably sign him because why not? The Braves still have to pay his remaining salary.

Sanjuro

Bartolo Colon has officially been released by the Braves after being unable to trade him and Colon (expectedly) refusing an assignment to AAA.

Mets will probably sign him because why not? The Braves still have to pay his remaining salary.

Is he the last active player from the 90s?

Is he the last active player from the 90s?

No, Adrian Beltre and Carlos Beltran both debuted in 1998. Beltre was 19 and Beltran was 21.

If you want to creep ahead one year, Bronson Arroyo and Jason Grilli both debuted in 2000.

Edit: Huh. Bronson Arroyo apparently made his Major League debut as a pinch hitter. How about that.

Caja 117

Since the Red Sox dropped 2 of 3 at Yankees Stadium, prompting this post...

The Red Sox have gone 17-8 and are +7.5 in the division...
Karma I guess...

Nah, to be honest, Yankees were actually exceding expectations I guess the ride is over, it was fun, now we are loosing in the worst kind of way.

Line_HTX

(Talking about Chapman's 99 on Gurriel's down the 3rd base line, dude subbing for Geoff Blum)

"That was some Cuban on Cuban crime."

😐😐

*sticks head in*

I still maintain that the Brewers need to trade Ryan Braun to get a little bit of pitching. Offense seems to be perfectly fine without him and if the Brewers could lock down some relief pitching they'd likely be able to lock down the division.

it's at the point where the brewers could realistically win the division, but they're still the clear underdogs, no matter what they do at the deadline. i'm no longer just assuming the cubs turn it around this season, but it's still likely they do, at least to an extent. so mny guys have under performed to the extreme, and they're certainly getting rotation help.

Sephzilla

*sees head sticking out*
*RKOuttanowhere!!!*

go red sox

YOU SON OF A-

it's at the point where the brewers could realistically win the division, but they're still the clear underdogs, no matter what they do at the deadline. i'm no longer just assuming the cubs turn it around this season, but it's still likely they do, at least to an extent. so mny guys have under performed to the extreme, and they're certainly getting rotation help.

I think everyone is waiting for the Brewers to regress and it's not happening. I just laugh because the Brewers have been leading the division for most of the season and nobody wants to talk about them. Just watching the Crew, you can look into that dugout and tell they believe they can win the division. Admittedly they're one bad slump from losing that lead

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
who are the top 5 all time relief pitchers?
Their careers aren't over so there hasn't been a downturn but kimbrel, chapman, jansen, betances and davis top the career fip list for relievers.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...am=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=17,a

Anyway, of retired guys i guess smoltz, rivera and gagne come to mind.

Also not this guy:

Qkzw1Ro.jpg

Beckx

Future Barve Gerrit Cole has nearly doubled the most number of HRs he's ever given up in any prior season.

Gerrit Cole HRs
’13 117 IP, 7 HR
’14 138 IP, 11 HR
’15 208 IP, 11 HR
’16 116 IP, 7 Hr
’17 102 IP, 19 HR

I just laugh because the Brewers have been leading the division for most of the season and nobody wants to talk about them.

When you're leading one of the weaker divisions in baseball with a record that wouldn't get you third in the West, is there much to talk about?

carlos

why the hell is motte out there in the most high leverage situations?
they re not even trying to win.

well, I guess it is good since I don't want snitker resigned, but damn is it frustrating

Who the fuck is taking on that contract? It's kinda funny when it was signed everyone assumed he would opt out, now it's looking less and less likely that he will. IIRC Fangraphs tried to project the value of the life of the remainder of the contract and it's unlikely, on the trajectory he's on, that Stanton will meet the value of the contract when adjusting for price of WAR.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
did someone screen cap that stat they were showing, the astros have the most runs per game (on the road maybe) except for like the 1939 yankees and some other yankees teams from 80 years ago.

Who the hell makes these schedules? Why are the astros playing the braves again? Why the hell are there ~19 games per division opponent? thats absurd. There's no reason why you cant inter-league and at least see the majority of the league at least once. 162 games and damn near half of it is against your own division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom