• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
If you're a mets fan, you have like literally nothing to be excited about when it comes to the team.

If you're a mets fan you're probably a jets fan which means sports are awful and should be banned.

Fuck sports.
Yeah but if you are a fan of the other 29 teams. Its great entertainment.

it's a fight, there's no "cheap" or not cheap about it. don't want to get hit, don't start a fight. that's the adult thing to do not complain that so and so hit when they weren't supposed to.

four games is not a slap on the wrist, Sanchez didn't start shit, it was Fulmer and Cabrera.

good. the way it should be.

waaah. the sooner the unwritten rules bullshit disappears, the better. or are we going to start acting as if hitting a player for hitting a homerun and starting a fight are somehow more honorable?
Why is it always Yankees game that act so stupid ignoring all the facts of the situation and then arguing against points no one ever made? The amount of anger that they keep bottles up after their team has won countless championships is impressive.
The Orioles cap is godlike

thumb.aspx

That hat is so sweet. I was in lids the other day and was so close to buying that hat, love the look.

Toth

Okay I have lost faith in Frazier. Guy just can't hit when needed. He struck out with the bases loaded twice tonight, didn't he?

Toth

Another devastating loss for the Yankees. Bullpen (Chapman especially) fails again and once again, tying these games means nothing when this team can't get anything else right (and let's be honest there, they were gifted that run).

I have to put complete blame on this game on Frazier though. I am trying to like the guy but he keeps letting me down and tonight was brutal. He just can't get the hits when needed.

Embarrassing all around. Yankee fans cannot defend this team.

Caja 117

Another devastating loss for the Yankees. Bullpen (Chapman especially) fails again and once again, tying these games means nothing when this team can't get anything else right (and let's be honest there, they were gifted that run).

I have to put complete blame on this game on Frazier though. I am trying to like the guy but he keeps letting me down and tonight was brutal. He just can't get the hits when needed.

Embarrassing all around. Yankee fans cannot defend this team.

I dont blame Chapman or the bullpen at all, Yankees were 0-12 with RISP including leaving the bases loaded 3 times.

Toth

At least the Yankees continue to suck while we're sucking

Injuries are piling on for us, hope it gets better

If the Red Sox had played decent from the getgo they could have exposed the Yankees early on and then the Yankees wouldn't have been trading away players for a post season spot they certainly do not deserve and hyping up a rather mediocre team and ultimately a mediocre player (or whatever Judge is - remember when he was MVP???)

At least the Yankees continue to suck while we're sucking

Injuries are piling on for us, hope it gets better

Injuries are hitting everyone. For us, Kipnis on the DL again, still missing Tomlin, Chisenhall, Michael Brantley, and freaking Andrew Miller.

No more injury bug for the rest of the year would be nice.

Toth

I dont blame Chapman or the bullpen at all, Yankees were 0-12 with RISP including leaving the bases loaded 3 times.

Well, Chapman giving up ANOTHER HR is a problem. Frazier is the other. Yankees better hope Bird makes some kind of impact and banishes Frazier to the bench. Today was inexcusable. But hey, let's let them keep losing games they should have won.

Tall4Life

If the Red Sox had played decent from the getgo they could have exposed the Yankees early on and then the Yankees wouldn't have been trading away players for a post season spot they certainly do not deserve and hyping up a rather mediocre team and ultimately a mediocre player (or whatever Judge is - remember when he was MVP???)

I mean teams get hot and cold, your Yankees were hot for a long ass time, we were always either neck and neck or the Red Sox were a little bit behind. We couldn't really do much better besides winning some dumb games where we get 0 run support -- but again that's the thing with baseball, teams get hot and cold. Tell me in the beginning of the season that our pitching would be suspect but our run support would be great later on and I'd laugh out of the room.

Toth

I mean teams get hot and cold, your Yankees were hot for a long ass time, we were always either neck and neck or the Red Sox were a little bit behind. We couldn't really do much better besides winning some dumb games where we get 0 run support -- but again that's the thing with baseball, teams get hot and cold. Tell me in the beginning of the season that our pitching would be suspect but our run support would be great later on and I'd laugh out of the room.

The Yankees were only hot for a month though (like 21-5 or something). They have played as well as the Mets since then (record wise). That's how mediocre it's been. The fixation with Judge became so nauseating, especially when you go to Yankees game and see the whole Judge's chamber and those stupid Judge hats for sale...Classic horse before the cart.

Caja 117

Well, Chapman giving up ANOTHER HR is a problem. Frazier is the other. Yankees better hope Bird makes some kind of impact and banishes Frazier to the bench. Today was inexcusable. But hey, let's let them keep losing games they should have won.
Yeah, its is a problem ( and again a Hr against a lefty) but this lost today was totally on the offense.

Toth

lol

(Just to add a bit more content to this post: The horse is supposed to go before the cart. So the way you said it would be the correct way to do it. The phrase for doing it wrong is "Cart before the horse.")

Ack, you're right! Haha My take though is that Judge was sooo overhyped that it became very annoying to hear him discussed ad nausem. We saw this coming but not THIS bad of a drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom