• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Hope is a dangerous thing.

You should find a team where your expectations are so low they cannot disappoint you.

Would say the same for spouses, jobs, anything really.

Just give up all hope of success and happiness and then you can't be let down.
As a pessimist, you're either proven right or pleasantly surprised.

A's Donaldson trade update:

JDon - 206 OPS+ over 7 games.

Graveman - 3.80 FIP, 0.846 WHIP, 8.3 K/9 over first 2 starts this year, now called the "ace" by Vogt.
Barreto - hitting .440/.516/.800 over first 7 games sat Nashville, should start in OAK next year at 22 years old.
Lawrie - Free agent
Nolin - Claimed on waivers by MIL

Still a bad deal for the A's, but looking better now than it did a year ago, especially if Graveman can finally keep it all together. His K rate isn't sustainable, but he could still be a solid #2 or #3. Barreto could be a perennial all-star once he gets to the big club or could fade.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Vas got perma'd but h still reads the thread every day!

Name sounds familiar, but I can't remember. Didn't he used to go by WHatRobEats or something? What did he get permed for?
I'm guessing sticking his hand too far into a honey pot

Reminds me of Nick Arcade lol

Had to pass out after the game was 5-4, woke up to a 10-5 win lolMs

1e6HjRp.gif

lol great organization. The Best People!

I don't care because as an owner they're great and all I care about is how they're owners and baseball and both sides are the same and politics doesn't belong in baseball and they made it so I can be happy watching grown men play a kids game and isn't that all that really matters anyway go cubs go!

RBH

I don't care because as an owner they're great and all I care about is how they're owners and baseball and both sides are the same and politics doesn't belong in baseball and they made it so I can be happy watching grown men play a kids game and isn't that all that really matters anyway go cubs go!

lmao

winjet81

I wonder how long the Jays will keep plugging away with Justin Smoak/Ryan Goins before they do something.

I know it's early, but I think it's time for everyone to gear up for a tear-down of sorts.

If there is any action coming from Atkins/Shapiro, it's to cut their losses: dumping Martin and Tulo's salaries will be a start. They need to re-stock their minor league talent, so I'm sure they're also eyeing a Donaldson trade for a good haul of prospects.

On the pitching side, it'll be interesting to see how they build around Stroman, Snachez and Osuna who they have under control for the next 4-5 years. Happ, Estrada and Liriano could make for decent trade chits this summer.

This roster is just SOOOO old and our minor league system is relatively barren; outside of our pitching core, pretty much everyone is a trade candidate.

Chances Conforto starts tonight?

Second to none seeing as a left is starting for Miami and Collins has infamously denied Conforto the opportunity to get consistent ABs against the southpaws.

Tbh Grandy is off to a slow start and isn't getting around on the ball fast enough. Let Conforto start against the lefty.

Jays should go full panic and sign Lawrie. It doesn't make any sense but it would be more entertaining to see the reaction than to actually watch the team right now.

winjet81

Jays should go full panic and sign Lawrie. It doesn't make any sense but it would be more entertaining to see the reaction than to actually watch the team right now.

The only person sitting pretty with the Jays right now is Gibby. Nice timing on that contract extension.

I'd rather have Lawrie filling in for the soon-to-be injured Travis, or replacing him later in a game, than Darwin Barney or Ryan Goins.

No matter what, it'd be entertaining.

Beckx

yo Carpe - you mentioned in the NeoGeo ACA thread looking for Baseball Stars 2 - you can get this DotEmu release on Humble. Obviously not for Switch but if it works like it did when they had the humble bundle for it, the files aren't encrypted & you can just use the rom in an emulator.

Chase17

Comeback! Top of the 9th should be when they give up the lead again.

edit: Bad baserunning!

edit2: Bad baserunning made up for.

Beckx

"Juan Nicasio intentionally walks Mitch Moreland. Hanley Ramirez scores"

there was only one man on base

explain yourself Gameday

yo Carpe - you mentioned in the NeoGeo ACA thread looking for Baseball Stars 2 - you can get this DotEmu release on Humble. Obviously not for Switch but if it works like it did when they had the humble bundle for it, the files aren't encrypted & you can just use the rom in an emulator.

Might have to try it out! Would still be nice to have on Switch for portability

they're horrible people. who in here says otherwise? don't pretend like you'd stop following the cardinals if they owned hem.

I might be fine with just one member of ownership serving in the Trump administration in a relatively minor role (like Todd), but I definitely draw the line at one of the worst members of Trump's cabinet who directly affects my field of work benefiting from money I spend on the team! I'd probably follow the Orioles or Nationals or something. Maybe Pirates if I wanted to stick in NL Central. Luckily, my team's ownership isn't completely rotten!

Chase17

Watching Kimbrel go for a save is always an experience...

"Juan Nicasio intentionally walks Mitch Moreland. Hanley Ramirez scores"

there was only one man on base

explain yourself Gameday

It's giving the wrong info a couple time for me this game lol

Might have to try it out! Would still be nice to have on Switch for portability

I might be fine with just one member of ownership serving in the Trump administration in a relatively minor role (like Todd), but I definitely draw the line at one of the worst members of Trump's cabinet who directly affects my field of work benefiting from money I spend on the team! I'd probably follow the Orioles or Nationals or something. Maybe Pirates if I wanted to stick in NL Central. Luckily, my team's ownership isn't completely rotten!

i don't believe you, so i guess there's no reason to even talk about it. even if you're telling the truth and you're some saint who would swear off the cards, it's kind of silly to look down on the people who are still able to root for the team while acknowledging that the people who currently own the team are filth. and let's be honest, while you're speaking truths about the owners of the cubs, the real reason you're harping on it is because they're the owners of a sports team you don't like. if they owned the tigers or something, you wouldn't bring it up nearly as much. not exactly the most pure intentions here, methinks.

but yes, the ricketts are scum (except laura), and i long for the day that they sell the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom