• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't believe you, so i guess there's no reason to even talk about it. even if you're telling the truth and you're some saint who would swear off the cards, it's kind of silly to look down on the people who are still able to root for the team while acknowledging that the people who currently own the team are filth. and let's be honest, while you're speaking truths about the owners of the cubs, the real reason you're harping on it is because they're the owners of a sports team you don't like. if they owned the tigers or something, you wouldn't bring it up nearly as much. not exactly the most pure intentions here, methinks.

but yes, the ricketts are scum (except laura), and i long for the day that they sell the team.

Sure, I like the chance to bring up the fact that specifically the Cubs have some despicable ownership! If that makes you feel better about spending money that goes into the pockets of people in the Trump administration - including one of the worst cabinet members - then whatever works for you. You're free to support whatever team you want!

crpav

I am feeling good about the white sox getting back to .500 today and the indians falling below .500.

http://img02.imgland.net/Is_nniZ.png

Came in to say "Finally Abreu must have been involved in getting some of that offense!" I checked the log and nope good old can't hit Abreu. WHY WHY WHY can't he just hit?

I guess I put too much "feelings" into my favorite players to put up good numbers. Same thing back in the day watching and being a HUGE Frank Thomas fan.

zulux21

Came in to say "Finally Abreu must have been involved in getting some of that offense!" I checked the log and nope good old can't hit Abreu. WHY WHY WHY can't he just hit?

I guess I put too much "feelings" into my favorite players to put up good numbers. Same thing back in the day watching and being a HUGE Frank Thomas fan.

personally I don't really care if abreu hits this year... he has plenty of worth beyond anything to do with a bat this season in the international market as well as a mentor to a top prospect.

it is exciting seeing matt davidson actually hitting well though.

crpav

personally I don't really care if abreu hits this year... he has plenty of worth beyond anything to do with a bat this season in the international market as well as a mentor to a top prospect.

it is exciting seeing matt davidson actually hitting well though.

I know but I guess after his first season and then finally turning it up the second half last year I just want him to produce and put up big numbers.

I agree about Davidson. Last year I think I said how his swing then reminded me a little of Konerkos. Just a little.

zulux21

I know but I guess after his first season and then finally turning it up the second half last year I just want him to produce and put up big numbers.

I agree about Davidson. Last year I think I said how his swing then reminded me a little of Konerkos. Just a little.

I do like abreu and hope he hits well in the next few years, but this season I want the white sox to not do well.

they need to have a huge fire sale at the all star break and completely revamp the team and spend in the international market.

though if davidson can take over 3rd even having a fire sale on the older players could still lead to a decently competitive team. I mean melky, fraiser, robertson aren't super important as davidson could take fraiser's spot, salindino could likely take melky's and mecona or whatever his name is can be called up to take over second. and there are a couple of decent choices to try as a closer this year before making them a starter in a year or two.

edit: hey abreu got a hit.

I mostly just don't want to see the white sox undo their building of their farm to try for it if they are around .500 at the all star break.

also it is also nice to see garcia doing well. that weight loss seems to have really helped him and he might actually be the player that the white sox thought they were getting before he got hurt.

Sure, I like the chance to bring up the fact that specifically the Cubs have some despicable ownership! If that makes you feel better about spending money that goes into the pockets of people in the Trump administration - including one of the worst cabinet members - then whatever works for you. You're free to support whatever team you want!

i know you're kind of trolling, but man, you're so transparent. what money am i spending exactly? i don't go to games, i don't buy gear, and i watch games on my brother's mlb.tv account. stop trying to force moral quandaries on me because my favorite sports team happens to be better than your favorite sports team right now. shit is lame.

gamz

I don't care because as an owner they're great and all I care about is how they're owners and baseball and both sides are the same and politics doesn't belong in baseball and they made it so I can be happy watching grown men play a kids game and isn't that all that really matters anyway go cubs go!

Well said. Best owners in baseball or at least the Cubs ever had.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
.323 with 3 homers for Alex Jackson. Hmm. OTOH, Keith Law said he saw him in the spring and Jackson still looked terrible.

zulux21

.323 with 3 homers for Alex Jackson. Hmm. OTOH, Keith Law said he saw him in the spring and Jackson still looked terrible.
i mean it's still early.

I mean Geovany Soto is hitting .267 with 3 home runs with a .389 OBP.
and he also looked bad in spring training.

BumRush

Other really than that one bad pitch the Gazelle has pitched very well.

He'll get his ERA down and get better as the year chugs along.

His FB has soooooo much movement.

P.s. Is it just me or is he getting squeezed pretty bad tonight?

P.p.s. Duda has played really well defensively in the early going

His FB has soooooo much movement.

P.s. Is it just me or is he getting squeezed pretty bad tonight?

P.p.s. Duda has played really well defensively in the early going
He's gotten super squeezed at least in the first. But he's getting a bit better zone.

He's pitched very well today though.

Duda and his defense is such a nice surprise. I hope we trade Smith and keep him somehow. His range has vastly improved.

i know you're kind of trolling, but man, you're so transparent. what money am i spending exactly? i don't go to games, i don't buy gear, and i watch games on my brother's mlb.tv account. stop trying to force moral quandaries on me because my favorite sports team happens to be better than your favorite sports team right now. shit is lame.

Obviously I like to poke fun at the Cubs, but I think there is a problem when an organization has evidently deep ties to a dangerous administration. I'm sure most MLB ownership groups support Trump privately, maybe even the DeWitts! But there's a difference between that and using millions of dollars to support him, having a member of the Board of Directors serve in the administration, and having a minority owner be a member of his cabinet. The ties clearly run pretty deep and as a baseball fan I would not want my support - financial or otherwise - going to that team. It's more than just incidental support.

Again, you're free to like whatever team you want! I don't think "I don't spend money on Cubs things anyway" is a very good excuse, but if that's what you need to tell yourself then whatever. We frequently in this thread talk about racism in baseball, which I think goes a lot further than just the product on the field.

There is dialed in. There's being in the zone.

And there's what dimension Yo is in right now.

He's hitting them into space.

I think Ces sees a beach ball coming outta the pitchers hands. It's very impressive, can't remember the Mets ever having a prolific power hitter the likes of Ces. Piazza maybe, Delgado?

Yeah Duda definitely playing complete baseball right now.

He knew that if he came outta the gate weak, Conforto would have been our new guy at 1B, or Bruce over at first and Conforto to man right.

I think Duda might actually be up there too. It's easy to forget how ox strong the guy is.

You make a good point. Duda does have tremendous power, but he can be so streaky. He reminds me of Adam Dunn alot, he would strike out 120+ times but he'd be good for 35+ homers a season.

Collins needs to make a move here. Bring in Edgin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom