• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought the problem was that i spent money on the team? stop changing the goalposts. this is boring now. glad you could use the trump disaster to insult fans of a sports team you don't like. i hope it was fulfilling.

Probably not as fulfilling as calling a dead kid a murderer for driving drunk and dying with his girlfriend in an accident, tbh

Not insulting Cubs fans either! They're free to like whatever team they want and I'm free to point out the organization they support is run by some incredibly shitty people. Sorry that you don't like being reminded of that I guess.

Mlb app just told me the Mets at marlins tied 8 and 8 but the scoreboard says otherwise. What happened?

Bruce laced an oppo hit to left and Ces didn't slide coming into home from 2B, Mattingly challenged the safe call at home by Hernandez and it was overturned.

Probably not as fulfilling as calling a dead kid a murderer for driving drunk and dying with his girlfriend in an accident, tbh

Not insulting Cubs fans either! They're free to like whatever team they want and I'm free to point out the organization they support is run by some incredibly shitty people. Sorry that you don't like being reminded of that I guess.

not my fault the cardinals deify people who selfishly kill themselves and others. it's a tragedy, but to consistently praise him and gloss over what he really did is annoying. it was self-inflicted. he is a cautionary tale. but you're grasping at straws now, and taking the conversation in other directions because you realize how pretentious you were being. i bet you're like 3 posts away from circling back to some stupid bartman shit.

not my fault the cardinals deify people who selfishly kill themselves and others. it's a tragedy, but to consistently praise him and gloss over what he really did is annoying. it was self-inflicted. he is a cautionary tale. but you're grasping at straws now, and taking the conversation in other directions because you realize how pretentious you were being. i bet you're like 3 posts away from circling back to some stupid bartman shit.

I put it in spoilers as an aside, not to take the conversation in a different direction, but this is such a shit post. Oscar was a kid with immense talent who was born into poverty, received a low signing bonus, and was making life-changing money for the first time in his life. As we've seen with others like Yordano Ventura, he made a mistake that cost him his life because people in his situation make mistakes. He is indeed a cautionary tale - that's why the Cardinals have stepped up to address it in their organization and take a more hands-on approach for prospects they see as at-risk of falling prey to the same thing as Oscar. Having an "OT" patch on uniforms the season after his death is not "deifying" him - it's mourning over the death of a teammate. Shitting on him and calling him a murderer is totally uncalled for. But that's neither here nor there - like I said, that was just an aside.

I'm not grasping as straws - I just don't see this conversation going anywhere anymore. Sorry that you were reminded that your organization is run/funded by some of the worst people!

I always dislike when they show those stats of 0 for w.e. I saw that Stanton is 0 for 5 against Salas with 4ks and it isn't encouraging. If anything it makes me think Stanton is overdue.

I put it in spoilers as an aside, not to take the conversation in a different direction, but this is such a shit post. Oscar was a kid with immense talent who was born into poverty, received a low signing bonus, and was making life-changing money for the first time in his life. As we've seen with others like Yordano Ventura, he made a mistake that cost him his life because people in his situation make mistakes. He is indeed a cautionary tale - that's why the Cardinals have stepped up to address it in their organization and take a more hands-on approach for prospects they see as at-risk of falling prey to the same thing as Oscar. Having an "OT" patch on uniforms the season after his death is not "deifying" him - it's mourning over the death of a teammate. Shitting on him and calling him a murderer is totally uncalled for. But that's neither here nor there - like I said, that was just an aside.

I'm not grasping as straws - I just don't see this conversation going anywhere anymore. Sorry that you were reminded that your organization is run/funded by some of the worst people!

pretty sure i never called taveras a "murderer"

pretty sure i never called taveras a "murderer"

Guess I misremembered! Cross that part off then and everything else still applies. Your posts about it still display a profound lack of empathy.

You were quick to separate what happened to both Jose Fernandez and Oscar too. Talk about transparent! :lol :lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Gray hurt? He just got pulled. Had the game on mute for a bit there

edit: maybe got hurt earlier in game making a hard jumping catch.

Guess I misremembered! Cross that part off then and everything else still applies. Your posts about it still display a profound lack of empathy.

You were quick to separate what happened to both Jose Fernandez and Oscar too. Talk about transparent! :lol :lol

"misremembered" meaning you made it up. oh, and those fernandez posts were made before it came out that he was drunk, so there was an obvious difference at that point. are you even trying? you got mad at the cubs and thought the ricketts thing presented an opportunity to pat yourself on the back and talk about your impeccable moral compass.

bye, have fun stroking yourself off to some other nonsense.

Kind of lucky for the Rockies that Gray came out, assuming he's not seriously injured. Giants were getting some good contact off him and it would have been a matter of time before some of them started falling in for hits. Rusin on the other hand has been shutting the bats down. Lots of weak contact and grounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom