• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2k7: Money Talks and Bullshit Walks

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Your shit with me goes way beyond you bitching about cheese in an NBA game.I never ever had a issue with you till you called me out for no f-ing reason in a madden league,but wait if I compare you to your brother...oh no I'm an idiot *tear drop* for doing that.It's funny how you try to come off as some nice easy going league player who really never has issues with anyone.

Complaining seems to run in your family and it's getting old watching your bro complain about our league players over and over.

I cant see how he can enjoy these games when he thinks everyone is out to cheese him or bend the rules.

But whatever,I dont know wtf I'm talking about.Please dont hold back,I await an awesome response by you.

So yea anyway...

DCX when you want to play

Whatever the case is, is that in the time I've been here, I think I've seen EXCESSIVE complaining from certain people. It's a ****ing game, and yeah I understand it's competition, but if you've got issues with someone's game, don't pull this "Don't ever match me up with them again they're ****ing lame :lol" bullshit like I've seen. Deal with the losses and everyone will learn from their mistakes.

And yeah, quitting the NBA league after one game that pissed you off was extremely weak IMO.

I don't have a personal vendetta against anyone but that shit does get annoying to observe and have to be a part of.

Andokuky

Banned
Matrix said:
Your shit with me goes way beyond you bitching about cheese in an NBA game.I never ever had a issue with you till you called me out for no f-ing reason in a madden league,but wait if I compare you to your brother...oh no I'm an idiot *tear drop* for doing that.It's funny how you try to come off as some nice easy going league player who really never has issues with anyone.

Complaining seems to run in your family and it's getting old watching your bro complain about our league players over and over.

I cant see how he can enjoy these games when he thinks everyone is out to cheese him or bend the rules.

But whatever,I dont know wtf I'm talking about.Please dont hold back,I await an awesome response by you.

I didn't call you out about anything. You just take this crap too seriously and when you read the slightest criticism about a game (which wasn't even a complaint, IIRC it was in defense of that Madden games IA on streaks) you flew into defense mode as if I'd just dropped an a-bomb on you or something. Aside from that, what the **** are you whining about? I don't make a big deal about the league crap because it's just an online game. If it bothers me that much why waste my time? I can just drop out, a la no rules NBA league. I don't really see the difference between calling you an idiot and you saying I am a whiner. They are both insults, so quit bitching about one while doing the other please.

I don't know why BB wastes his time with some of these leagues, that's for him to tell you. You don't know **** about my family so why even bother with that crap? Idiocy seems to run in your family I guess, judging by your online persona. If reading what he says about leagues bothers you so much then A. don't join them, B. don't read his messages or C. shut the hell up about it or at least don't lump me in when whining about it. That is all I asked. Thanks.

And yeah, quitting the NBA league after one game that pissed you off was extremely weak IMO.

I think I have explained it enough times before but it was hardly one game. I lost by 1 and my team was like 5-1. The league overall just wasn't sim enough for me. I do think it's funny though that people are suddenly acting as if I am the first person who has been in more than a few GAF leagues to quit a GAF league. The humanity! Anyways, I promise this will be the very last time I post in this thread, say whatever you want Matrix.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lmao I'm not even touching the madden thing again because thats not even close to what you said at the time and you brought me into an argument you were having with someone else,but I cant do that when I'm talking about your "own" flesh and blood who happens to act like you.

When I meant it runs in the family,I just meant you two.For all I know you have a very nice family and you two are the asses.This is going by the way you talk and treat people in leagues you so call "dont even care about"

You both just need to stop joining,simple as that.

You dont care *yet you hang around this thread or did Birdbomb tell on me :( * and Birdbomb plays despite hating how everyone else does and is doing his best to ruin a league that was supposed to be decent.

dumb_and_dumber_xl_01.jpg

Andokuky said:
I think I have explained it enough times before but it was hardly one game. I lost by 1 and my team was like 5-1. The league overall just wasn't sim enough for me. I do think it's funny though that people are suddenly acting as if I am the first person who has been in more than a few GAF leagues to quit a GAF league. The humanity! Anyways, I promise this will be the very last time I post in this thread, say whatever you want Matrix.

That's bullcrap. Before that game with CJ I didn't hear any complaints against anybody else, and suddenly you lose a game so this is a "no rules league I'm out even though they're begging to keep me kthxbye"

You won 4 straight games, three of them blowouts, and suddenly the league isn't good enough for you anymore. yeah you're not the first to bail out on everybody but that doesn't hold back the fact that you quit in a poor manner.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:

So yea anyway...

DCX when you want to play

We can whenever, i had a baby shower over the weekend and had to drive my mom and sis back and forth to the city. I'm home and ready to go. After 11 est maybe? PM of course.

DCX

Matrix

I'll be able to play anytime after the Rockets lose tonight :( Game starts at 8 pm eastern,should be over by 11.

I'll post in here and pm when im ready to play.

BirdBomb

Banned
Matrix, i've made THREE posts here complaining. 2 were about the same person, and were resolved in the thread later that same evening. Why do you feel the need to get in the middle of my posts all the time? this is the 3-4th time you've had something to say to me about something that doesn't deal with you 1 single bit. God forbid i come into the forums and vent when i feel someone wasn't playing by the rules. When someone throws garbage outside of the strike zone all game, which is against the rules, am i not allowed to call him out on it? Do i need to sit and watch it all game? no. im not gonna do that. I'm especially going to post here when the moron had a stupid reason of doing it. I don't want to pitch to his HR machine, GOD FORBID!. If i had thrown complete garbage to him so he'd just strike out, would that have been more to his liking? i gave him the same result as a walk. And apparently that's reason for him to throw out of the zone all game for the last 2 games..hmm...that doesn't seem right to me.

How old are you anyways? Yeah, i may complain about people a lot, but i don't sit on here looking for fights like you have shown to do with me. In the madden league, now here. Seems if i have something to say, you have to complain about it, like i said above.

How is what im doing "ruining the league"? You think you starting a fight that lasts a whole page helps the league take a page from your own high and mighty book.

Quit responding to my complaints, "it's getting old".

Andokuky

Banned
Matrix said:
lmao I'm not even touching the madden thing again because thats not even close to what you said at the time and you brought me into an argument you were having with someone else,but I cant do that when I'm talking about your "own" flesh and blood who happens to act like you.

I'm going to break my promise because you're lying. That's not how the Madden thing went down. I didn't call you out or bring you into anything and I wasn't complaining about you or saying you cheesed. You just over reacted because you take this shit too seriously. Apparently your as forgetful as you are idiotic.

When I meant it runs in the family,I just meant you two.

Then say that, jackass.

For all I know you have a very nice family and you two are the asses.This is going by the way you talk and treat people in leagues you so call "dont even care about"

For all I know you have a very nice family and you are the moron. This is going by the way you talk to and treat people in leagues. Also, if you put something in quotations, at least make sure it's something I said. I never said I "don't even care about" leagues. Of course we all care about them or we wouldn't join them. Apparently you let them get under your skin though, there's the difference.

You both just need to stop joining,simple as that.

Or you could simply stop whining, simple as that. You've been pissy with me ever since that Madden post and it's pretty sad. If you think I complain too much then what do you think of guys like Konex, Shawn, AK, Bluemax, etc? I've called exactly one dude out on this forum for what I considered cheesy play. Again, get over it and quit lumping me in when you cry about league drama that you know is going to happen when you join a league.

You dont care *yet you hang around this thread or did Birdbomb tell on me :( * and Birdbomb plays despite hating how everyone else does and is doing his best to ruin a league that was supposed to be decent.

Do I really have to hold your hand like a 5 year old and explain things? Again, where is this "I don't care" coming from? Yea, I read up on this thread because I like to keep up with who is winning GAF leagues and how everyone is doing. Now you're crying about that too? How is that even related to not letting this crap get under my skin? I wasn't aware that reading a thread on the internet requires some emotional investment. And yea, Birdbomb told on you :| Again, you're an idiot.

pheeniks said:
That's bullcrap. Before that game with CJ I didn't hear any complaints against anybody else, and suddenly you lose a game so this is a "no rules league I'm out even though they're begging to keep me kthxbye"

You won 4 straight games, three of them blowouts, and suddenly the league isn't good enough for you anymore. yeah you're not the first to bail out on everybody but that doesn't hold back the fact that you quit in a poor manner.

That was the first game where there were issues from start to finish. The other games just had small things I didn't agree with like trying to steal inbounds passes... forcing in the paint, etc. If they'd of been bigger issues then something would have happened earlier. After that game though I just said enough is enough. It was going to be a problem down the line when I had to replay the guy 2-3 more times so best just drop out now while the league is still early. You think it's bullcrap, oh well, that's cool. I still think it's funny that absolutely no attempt was made at getting replacements for myself or the other person who quit (who will be welcomed back with open arms for 2k8 I am sure :lol). One post in the gaming forum and one look at 2k8's forum could get you two ballers but why do that when eternal bitterness is so much better? And this time I am really done here, lying or no lying, enjoy the last word Matrix, I'm sure it means a whole lot to you.

Just got home from work. Damn talk about drama :lol

[goes to make some popcorn]

Dez, Konex, Bluemax, and Juan I'll be able to get some games in for the next 3-4 hours if any of you are around. I doubt I'll be able to play this evening because I have to work on some projects and I have work in the morning.

Dez

I can play now. Post in this thread, i'll probably be catching up on it :lol

Game 13.. so third starters?

Damn, it sucks getting swept. I felt like breaking my controller during some parts of the 3rd game. Frickin' Frank Thomas. He tied up the 2nd game in the 8th and he had at least 3-4 HR's during the series.

Matrix

I'm done,you both can have the final words cause I dont want to have to read thru your bs again and I know you will keep on replying.

DMczaf

Working on the 50 win achievement has been hell. Im at 26 wins so far and I've had great opponents (I thought it was a myth to face strangers online in a sports game, and actually have a really good game!) but then I'll have the ass faces who would pick the Yankees and use starters for middle relief. Ugh.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Working on the 50 win achievement has been hell. Im at 26 wins so far and I've had great opponents (I thought it was a myth to face strangers online in a sports game, and actually have a really good game!) but then I'll have the ass faces who would pick the Yankees and use starters for middle relief. Ugh.

:lol

Yea ive come across that too in unranked games,cant wait till I decide to go for 50...only 49 more wins away.

Hey I know,Ill delete you off my friends list and play you 49 times to get the achievement ;)

DMczaf

Matrix said:
:lol

Yea ive come across that too in unranked games,cant wait till I decide to go for 50...only 49 more wins away.

Hey I know,Ill delete you off my friends list and play you 49 times to get the achievement ;)

We need to setup a 4 man tourney and give each other the Win a League/Tourney Achievement :p

Damn this game is so frustrating sometimes. Sheffield dropped 3 balls (he was playing first because I was playing St. Louis, thus no DH) all of which resulted in runs. Every time he had an error, Bluemax hit a HR afterwards with the next batter. I still don't think I would've won the game, but damn that shit is frustrating.

We should change the league settings to 8 playoff teams :lol I want to make the playoffs goddammit!

BirdBomb

Banned
well if he doesn't show, or if u dont want to wait im available in about 5-10 minutes. gotta grab some grub after work :D yay cereal.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
We need to setup a 4 man tourney and give each other the Win a League/Tourney Achievement :p

haha im down for that :D

Dcx im free to play if you want to after you play Birdbomb,If you dont want to play i should be free tomorrow night.

Sorry I wasnt around at 11,a family issue came up.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
haha im down for that :D

Dcx im free to play if you want to after you play Birdbomb,If you dont want to play i should be free tomorrow night.

Sorry I wasnt around at 11,a family issue came up.
i can play a game tonight.

DCX

Matrix

I'm ready when you are,had to reboot my modem like 5 times :\

just post in here when u want to play and how many games?

I can't play any games right now because I have not been able to decide if my 360 or component cable is broken---I absolutely have NOT had the time to go find the answer to this...I'm trying to get on top of it. It sucks that I don't have a friend who owns a 360 too.

Matrix

This game sucks :lol

I gave up 9 hrs and DCX gave up 5.

Im not sure if its cause it was windy in our game or cause we have to throw strikes all the time,but wow this game bites :lol

Good game dcx,you kicked my ass.

dcx want to finish the series?

if not ill be in the lobby if you want to play birdbomb.

DCX

DCX
yeah the strike rule is stupid
i had two good games against birdshit, some garbage, some good pitches and they ended up being 1-2 run games, the third game we decided to play rite, and it ended up being like 10-8 or something. Oh well, this team is alot better than the Indians so i aint complaining.

DCX

Matrix

Its just this game is sooooo far removed from being sim its not even funny.

14 hrs in one game :lol

Man hurry up show for PS3,I dont care if your graphics bite!

Dez

You're pitching poorly if you're giving up 14 HRs in one game.. surely at that point it wouldn't be considered 'cheesy' to start throwing some balls low or outside.

EDIT: The game plays pretty well with well adjusted sliders, at least in single player mode. I use some posted at Operation Sports..Toning down the power and outfielder speed more would probably help.

Matrix

I was pitching with my number 5 starter so that was part of the problem,but I dont think either of us threw a ball all game when we should have.

It's still too easy to hit hrs and rob hrs in this game.

Dez

ChrisJames said:
Damn, it sucks getting swept. I felt like breaking my controller during some parts of the 3rd game. Frickin' Frank Thomas. He tied up the 2nd game in the 8th and he had at least 3-4 HR's during the series.

In the 8th of that game I could see you hesitating before deciding to pitch to Thomas :lol
I was sure you were going to walk him again.

Yeah it's too easy to hit homers because those using classic swing are probably pushing up on the joystick the whole time...

That's why I hate the strike rule. The batter should be rewarded for not swinging at POS pitches and the pitcher shouldn't have to give the batter candy on the majority of pitches. All they have to do is time correctly...and pow. home run with dontrelle willis!

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
This game sucks :lol

I gave up 9 hrs and DCX gave up 5.

Im not sure if its cause it was windy in our game or cause we have to throw strikes all the time,but wow this game bites :lol

Good game dcx,you kicked my ass.

dcx want to finish the series?

if not ill be in the lobby if you want to play birdbomb.
I could finish up the series tonight. Konex maybe we can start our series tonight. Bluemax, i also have a series with you. Let me know when we can work that in.

DCX

Sorry for not being more clear when it comes to rules, guys. I've never said that you have to throw all strikes, in fact I think that would be almost foolish. As long as you're throwing over 80% strikes, it's fine with me, just don't throw absolute garbage all the time.

Also, I've toned down outfielder speed a notch.

-80% is just an arbitrary number I threw out there. You guys let me know what you think it should be (
polls
).

I voted 75%. I mean, in my offline games I throw around 70% to get the results I want (On legend)....I would just say, as long as you're not throwing like a total idiot I'm fine with anything. I would love to draw some walks.

If I know you have a tendency to be swing happy (*cough* Konex *cough*) I will keep throwing balls till you get some discipline. And actually, with the pitch speed online, I can usually almost tell if it's a ball or strike on first instinct (Have to really focus though) I know some people may disagree with that, but why should I throw anything in the strike zone if I know you're pushing up on the joystick and to swing at anything? No wonder there are so many home runs.

Dez

ChrisJames said:
Sorry for not being more clear when it comes to rules, guys. I've never said that you have to throw all strikes, in fact I think that would be almost foolish. As long as you're throwing over 80% strikes, it's fine with me, just don't throw absolute garbage all the time.

Also, I've toned down outfielder speed a notch.

-80% is just an arbitrary number I threw out there. You guys let me know what you think it should be (
polls
).

Turn down the boost speed and length.. that's what causes the ridiculous catches.

Dez said:
Turn down the boost speed and length.. that's what causes the ridiculous catches.

Yeah, I thought about doing that too, but didn't want to go overboard. So I think I'm going to knock outfielder speed back up a notch to where it was and then bring down the boost spd. and length a couple of notches.

Matrix

I'll be free to play after the Mavs game is over tonight so if DCX or you Juan want to play later tonight,ill be around and just post in here.

Dez

JuanMR2 said:
I'm getting on XBL, meet one of you in the lobby....

Let me know when you're available today.. we can try again. I have a feeling I may have had my FTP running when we tried yesterday, so the lag might not have been your fault :lol

I'm disappointed more people haven't voted in the poll (clicky). You guys were complaining about the rules before, so if you want a say in what the pitching rule is, please vote.

I'll be around later tonight (after 10:30-11) if anyone wants to get some games in.

Dez

ChrisJames said:
I'm disappointed more people haven't voted in the poll (clicky). You guys were complaining about the rules before, so if you want a say in what the pitching rule is, please vote.

I'll be around later tonight (after 10:30-11) if anyone wants to get some games in.

I voted 75%.. but i personally think it depends on the pitcher and game situation. If i started throwing 25% balls with Roy Halladay, I think I'd be pitching no hitters every game. If your 5th starter is getting crushed throwing all strikes, then it's fair to mix it up.

BirdBomb

Banned
matrix- im around tonight if you're available. Just message me on XBL if u want to play a game, or all of the series. I probably wont check here too often.

Top Bottom