• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Usually its $60.

I wonder if anybody screws up like Modells did last year. $48 isn't a bad price at all for day 1, although I'd like to hear what the new features actually are added before I plop down money to get it day 1.

OS had a little preview on some of the changes. There won't be much. Mostly tweaks and new animations.

Doytch

Copy-pasta:

The Chicago Cubs and San Diego Padres have agreed on a deal that will send first baseman Anthony Rizzo and right handed pitcher Zach Cates to Chicago in exchange for right handed pitcher Andrew Cashner and outfielder Kyung-Min Na moving to San Diego.

There is some new pitching mechanic which sounds like a massive QTE overlay.

Yeah just looked this up. Seems kinda weird. I like the dual-analog for hitting, though.

And that trade helps the two big prospects in it. Well Cashner isn't a prospect anymore technically (I don't think?), but yeah.

Copy-pasta:

The Chicago Cubs and San Diego Padres have agreed on a deal that will send first baseman Anthony Rizzo and right handed pitcher Zach Cates to Chicago in exchange for right handed pitcher Andrew Cashner and outfielder Kyung-Min Na moving to San Diego.

Goddammit Cubs. Stop doing smart things.

And that's one fewer team for Prince.

Yeah, Anthony Rizzo is a superstar with a contract big enough to stop from getting Prince.

Why get Prince if you're in full-on rebuild mode like the Cubs obviously are? Rizzo is a great guy for a rebuild. MLB ready, and still 5 years from his peak. Also, he's a lefty going from Petco to Wrigley.

Great deal for the Cubbies.

That team may not be excellent this year...but watch in like, 2 years - especially if they either get out from that Soriano contract or somehow get play from him that merits it in the last years of it.

Also, link for these Starlin Castro allegations? lol cubs rape lol

eznark

Banned
Man, I loved Rizzo...until he actually got called up. Such a disappointing season. He looked absolutely lost for 80% of the season.

Macattk15

What a shitty shitty trade from the Padres standpoint ... all it took to get Rizzo was a bullpen arm who walked 4 per 9 and a low A minor league outfielder (most likely a nobody) .... AND they threw in Cates? I understand that Rizzo had a shit MLB season ... but uh ... what?

What in the hell?

What a shitty shitty trade from the Padres standpoint ... all it took to get Rizzo was a bullpen arm who walked 4 per 9 and a low A minor league outfielder (most likely a nobody) .... AND they threw in Cates? I understand that Rizzo had a shit MLB season ... but uh ... what?

What in the hell?

Backdoor compensation for Hoyer going to the Cubs brah.

BFIB

Great deal for the Cubs.

If Theo can't trade Soriano now, he could be decent trade bait at the deadline.

Mrbob

Getting Cashner could still be really good for San Diego. He was supposed to be the next big thing, but it didn't pan out in Chicago. Cashner is still young, so maybe a fresh start will help revitalize his career.

I am shocked San Diego is giving up on Rizzo already.

thefro

Great deal for the Cubbies.

That team may not be excellent this year...but watch in like, 2 years - especially if they either get out from that Soriano contract or somehow get play from him that merits it in the last years of it.

Theo's done a fantastic job getting rid of a lot of dead weight already. Soriano's basically the only bad contract the Cubs have left (signed through 2014). If they can ship him out of town they're going to have a ridiclous amount of money they can spend to build around Castro and Rizzo.

Theo's done a fantastic job getting rid of a lot of dead weight already. Soriano's basically the only bad contract the Cubs have left (signed through 2014). If they can ship him out of town they're going to have a ridiclous amount of money they can spend to build around Castro and Rizzo.

I'm terrified of what Epstein and Hoyer are going to finagle out of some other team in exchange for Garza.

eznark

Banned
Getting Cashner could still be really good for San Diego. He was supposed to be the next big thing, but it didn't pan out in Chicago. Cashner is still young, so maybe a fresh start will help revitalize his career.

I am shocked San Diego is giving up on Rizzo already.

PCL all-star. The moves they have made tells me there was a serious rift on the talent evaluation side in San Diego and they are trying to correct what they perceived as mistakes. They've now given up on Rizzo and Latos years earlier than they really needed to. It's interesting. I have a feeling both will prove to be smart. Outside of PCL, what has Rizzo really done?

Yo Marlins u wanna sign Reyes, Buehrle, n Bell??
Yo Natinals u wanna trade for Gonzalez and possibly sign Fielder?
its all good, Mets close to signing Ronny Cedeno!!

Mets and Ronny Cedeno have agreed on a 1-year, $1.2 million deal with a bunch of incentives.

Angels are nearing a minor league deal/spring training invite with Jorge Cantu.

zoom29

Neo Member
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/baseball/news/2012/01/07/kiji/K20120107002382990.html

The Darvish deal is not looking good

Salary: ask for 20m/y, offered 8m/y
Years: ask for 5y, offered 6y
20120106-00000006-sanspo-000-1-view.jpg

back from US

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I really can't see the point in offering him less money than he was making in Japan as your initial offer. Rangers have some leverage but that's a pretty hilarious offer to start with.

Not buying that Darvish report, unless the rangers know something about Fielder's market then we do. Not to mention the rehabs of Brandon Webb and Scott Kazmir.

Sharp

PCL all-star. The moves they have made tells me there was a serious rift on the talent evaluation side in San Diego and they are trying to correct what they perceived as mistakes. They've now given up on Rizzo and Latos years earlier than they really needed to. It's interesting. I have a feeling both will prove to be smart. Outside of PCL, what has Rizzo really done?
Yeah. The way I see it, these moves could be really, really smart ones that we look back on in a few years and applaud. But they also have the potential to massively backfire. We'll see, I guess.

eznark

Banned
Yeah. The way I see it, these moves could be really, really smart ones that we look back on in a few years and applaud. But they also have the potential to massively backfire. We'll see, I guess.

That's always the case, but in this instance it just kind of feels like San Diego is dumping guys they have completely lost faith in. I know thats the case with Latos (they've been trying to move him for two season basically). Rizzo seemed to fall out of favor quick last year. I don't know, maybe it's just wishful thinking considering both players went to the central.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom