• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Carlos and Ozzie on one team? Amazing.
but there was no indication that Heyward was going to turn it around? where is Heyward's great body of work?
well he destroyed the minors and had the best season at age 20 since a-rod and scouts etc.. all see the potential in him.

And btw he hit .258/.375/.364 in sept. The power wasn't there but everything else was. (his shoulder injury fucked up his swing so that is why the power was down. Very downward swing after the injury.)

Done Deal.

MARLINS GET:
-- P Carlos Zambrano

CUBS GET:
-- P Chris Volstad

Cubs are paying $15 million of Zambrano's $18 million salary. He will get a $75,000 bonus if he makes the All-Star team.

Zambrano has a $19.25 million option for 2013 that vests automatically under two conditions

1) Places first or second in 2012 Cy Young voting

or

2) Places in the Top 4 of 2012 Cy Young voting and is not on the disabled list at the end of the season

BFIB

Just put Guillen and Zambrano in the clubhouse, 3 stationary cameras, and it'll be the best sitcom of the fall season.

Zambrano and Guillen are like brothers. Guillen is the one that chills him out whenever he melts down. Zambrano is going to be rejuvenated under Ozzie, and the NL East just got a little wilder.

If the Nationals sign Fielder, it's going to be a long season for the Mets.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Worst vesting conditions ever? Possibly. Also, you would think the Cubs can do a little better than Volstad considering they're eating $15mil, but whatev.

Worst vesting conditions ever? Possibly. Also, you would think the Cubs can do a little better than Volstad considering they're eating $15mil, but whatev.
Highly unlikely that the option kicks in. And if he does pitch well enough to garner that many votes, the 3 million the Marlins would be paying in 2012 would be a bargain so the option money could be seen as a deferred payment for a good season lol.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Didnt know this was already out until I saw it on gaf ad :eek:
81D7u31XD%2BL._AA1500_.jpg

Windu

don't exactly understand that move for the marlins. Aren't volstad and zambrano basically the same pitcher? 4+ seira etc..

McNei1y

Anyone here a producer for a major tv network?

Anyway, produce my idea. Miami Marlins Reality Show with the opening credits using Will Smith's Miami.

You guys are right. So much drama is going to happen and It's going to be awesome.

So Marlins rotation is:

Johnson
Zambrano
Buehrle
Sanchez
Nolasco

...that's not half-bad. If people pitch to their potential, that's actually pretty fucking good.

Windu

So Marlins rotation is:

Johnson
Zambrano
Buehrle
Sanchez
Nolasco

...that's not half-bad. If people pitch to their potential, that's actually pretty fucking good.
Phillies, braves and the nationals rotations are still better imo.

clemenx

Banned
It's a bit of a perfect storm rotation but has potential to be the 2nd best in the division, easily. Nolasco and Sanchez have shown potential of borderline ace solid #2 but injuries, same with Johnson but I expect him to have no problems at all. Buehrle will give solid starts in between Nolasco and Sanchez inconsistency.
Zambrano at 2M as a 5th starter? That's a bargain in my eyes. I really like the rotation and don't see how the Nats one is better past Zimmermann-Strasburg. Not a fan of Gio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom