• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bud Selig's two-year extension becomes official tomorrow. He originally told everyone who would listen that he was retiring after 2012, but will now be baseball's commissioner through the 2014 season. Selig's extension will pay him a total of $40 million.

Also, tomorrow Selig is expected to announce the official playoff expansion of a second Wild Card for the 2012 season.

From Operation Sports:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326321442344952.jpg
[/IMG]

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Looks like Frankman got banned once again and it's a (near?) permanent ban.

You shall be missed buddy. Maybe you'll be back when the Mets are good once again, so I'll see you in 2015.

h3ro

That blue Blue Jays jersey is so awesome...I'm going to get one.

...but not of Joey Bats. Fuck that guy.

So what's the protocol on getting a jersey/cap of a team you don't root for?

Those Toronto caps are tight. Been wanting a BlueJay and the throwback Brewers (with the MB glove) fitted caps for a little bit. I don't think it's a big deal. Some mouthbreathers might get uppity over it, but who cares.

Also, damnit Frank.

So what's the protocol on getting a jersey/cap of a team you don't root for?

Those Toronto caps are tight. Been wanting a BlueJay and the throwback Brewers (with the MB glove) fitted caps for a little bit. I don't think it's a big deal. Some mouthbreathers might get uppity over it, but who cares.

Also, damnit Frank.

There's no protocol. Just wear what you want to wear.

Except: No stupid tags on your hat. Take that shit off. No custom names on the back of the Jersey. I don't give a shit what your last name is.

h3ro

Word. No stickers allowed.

It's gotten worse now though with the re-emergence of snap back caps. Some of them come with tags on them like you'd see on clothing. I've seen guys on the subway with both stickers and tags on their caps for maximum freshness.

:/

Malo

Banned
Looks like Frankman got banned once again and it's a (near?) permanent ban.

You shall be missed buddy. Maybe you'll be back when the Mets are good once again, so I'll see you in 2015.
Apparently it's only for two months according to dream in the wrasslin thread.

I don't think it's right to absolve Amaro of any mistakes in this case. I think both misjudged what Madson would get and the end result is a Papelboning.

It sounds like the Phils heard what Boras wanted and they jumped off for Papelbon. I have no problem with saying the Phils overpaid but the reason Madson isnt a Phillie this year is because Boras took their offer and tried to shop it around for more money. I dont see how that is Amaro's fault, unless you think he should have just waited until Boras was willing to sign.

April 4th, 6 PM cannot get here soon enough. There are really no deals left that seem interesting to me (sure, it'll be nice to see where Prince ends up, but I don't have much stake in it either way) and as much as I love Spring Training, I just want the damn season to get here.

Word. No stickers allowed.

It's gotten worse now though with the re-emergence of snap back caps. Some of them come with tags on them like you'd see on clothing. I've seen guys on the subway with both stickers and tags on their caps for maximum freshness.

:/

Snap back caps are for little children and pedophiles.

h3ro

It sounds like the Phils heard what Boras wanted and they jumped off for Papelbon. I have no problem with saying the Phils overpaid but the reason Madson isnt a Phillie this year is because Boras took their offer and tried to shop it around for more money. I dont see how that is Amaro's fault, unless you think he should have just waited until Boras was willing to sign.

Depends on what the market was for Papelbon. If it was a tight race and he couldn't wait to play Madson against Papelbon, then I guess he made the deal he had to and ended up paying for it with Papelbon contract value.

Shut your whore mouth. I was debating whether to pick up an Expos le baseball big text snapback.

As an adult I just can't bring myself to wear a snapback. I guess women can wear them too so that their pony tales can fit through the whole in the back.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bud Selig's two-year extension becomes official tomorrow. He originally told everyone who would listen that he was retiring after 2012, but will now be baseball's commissioner through the 2014 season. Selig's extension will pay him a total of $40 million.

Also, tomorrow Selig is expected to announce the official playoff expansion of a second Wild Card for the 2012 season.

It's official, official now.

What a joke. I guess I'm the sucker for believing he was actually going to retire this time around. Feels like Selig has been claiming he's ready to retire since like 2005 or so. I don't really hate the guy but he's worse than Brett Favre. Can't say I blame him when he's making as much as he does every year.

Doytch

As an adult I just can't bring myself to wear a snapback. I guess women can wear them too so that their pony tales can fit through the whole in the back.
Eh, it's all situational, preference and fashion. I have three caps atm, two curved, one nearly flat. The curved ones I wear straight or backwards (when I'm skating/biking/driving on the highway [convertible]), and the flat one (new Jays cap) I wear cocked to the side a bit.

Just don't wear a snapback with a massive curve (or worse, a V) and you won't look like a trucker/child predator.

It's official, official now.

What a joke. I guess I'm the sucker for believing he was actually going to retire this time around. Feels like Selig has been claiming he's ready to retire since like 2005 or so. I don't really hate the guy but he's worse than Brett Favre. Can't say I blame him when he's making as much as he does every year.

He couldn't leave, there are some franchises he is ready to kill or give to his frat buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom