• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
It's that time again...Jon's Page-a-Day Trivia Extravaganza

This is the first question I've gotten right so far.

Question 4:

Yankee first basemen have won more Most Valuable Player Awards than Yankee catchers. True or False?
true, catchers don't win the award very much in the first place.

ZeroRay

Question 4:

Yankee first basemen have won more Most Valuable Player Awards than Yankee catchers. True or False?

True

eznark

Banned
I'm going to say false, however I think that probably hinges on Yogi Berra's three MVP's beating all Yankees first basemen....

Malo

Banned
I'm going to say false, however I think that probably hinges on Yogi Berra's three MVP's beating all Yankees first basemen....
I know Mattingly has one and Gehrig has one or more. I can't really think of any other yankees first baseman or catcher that has won a mvp.

eznark

Banned
I know Mattingly has one and Gehrig has one or more. I can't really think of any other yankees first baseman or catcher that has won a mvp.

I don't know how much he wants us to discuss this stuff, but I am almost positive
Thurman Munson
won one.

Question 4:

False

eznark, i don't think you were supposed to mention that about berra haha

Windu

yeah i forgot about that little fucker, but still you would think the yankees would have more than 4 or so MVPs at 1B. Then again i guess most of their legendary players are outfielders.

I said that before eznark's post. I didn't really think it thru but then remembered Yogi.

Maybe you don't know this about trivia, but you're usually supposed to think things through before you give an answer.

But really, I'm sure less than 50% of the people here thought Berra won 3 MVPs.

Windu

Maybe you don't know this about trivia, but you're usually supposed to think things through before you give an answer.

yeah i usually fuck up that part

Look buddy, your right. But SuperMalo mentioned his name then got me thinking. Remebered that he won three. Hey if cash was involved, I would def. Make sure to think things thru!

Lol Thanks SuperMalo, eres malo!
Also new video on The Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5YUSz6uNEU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Pretty much the same things we've heard about but there is something new in the end.
Simul-view, which is pretty awesome. While playing against someone at home, if you have that new Playstation 3D TV, each player sees a different view. If ur pitching, you can now use the behind the back cam while the player batting still sees the Catcher view.

Doytch

Lol Thanks SuperMalo, eres malo!
Also new video on The Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5YUSz6uNEU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Pretty much the same things we've heard about but there is something new in the end.
Simul-view, which is pretty awesome. While playing against someone at home, if you have that new Playstation 3D TV, each player sees a different view. If ur pitching, you can now use the behind the back cam while the player batting still sees the Catcher view.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu it's magic.

(I'll never use this but I dun care)

126303394_extra_large.jpg

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves...pper-jones/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_braves_blog

I bet Chipper gets into managing when he's done. Seems like he has the head for it.

Windu

Braves have done something! Resigned Jack Wilson for 1m.
I bet Chipper gets into managing when he's done. Seems like he has the head for it.
i don't think he would be a good manager, he would be a great hitting coach though.

Jon

Alright, it is time for the answer, before I get tied up and forget to post it!

The answer is FALSE. The Yankees have had two players win at first base -- Mantle twice, and Mattingly once. Meanwhile, Yogi Berra has three on his own, as well as Munson in 1976 and Elston Howard in 1963.

Congrats to Clemenx, Cajole, RBH, Eznark, Sanjuro and Doytch today! I will resume the trivia challenge on Monday, mainly because the calendar is on my desk at work.

Braves and Jack Wilson have agreed on a 1-year, $1 million deal. He will be Tyler Pastornicky's backup and will be ready to take over in case Pastornicky flubs. Wilson's deal has $500k worth of incentives based on plate appearances.

Jerry Crasnick is reporting that the Mariners are "progressing very close" to "a significant trade" to acquire a "young impact hitter". The return package does not include Brandon League.

Kerry Wood and the Cubs have agreed to a 1-year, $3 million deal.

clemenx

Banned
"Young impact hitter" and didn't even says the team. Thanks, I couldn't have waited for the trade. I hate this sources person.

clemenx

Banned
Pineda for Montero would be bad for the Yankees, IMO. THis is a rumor out of the Dominican.

Maybe bad for the M's too, if Safeco kills him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom