• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

v1xEj.jpg

Goodbye, sweet Jesus.

Not sure how I feel about this. I don't know much about Pineda.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Man what an amazing night for the Yankees. Did a shitload to improve their team next season without breaking the bank. They'll probably add a Carlos Pena and call it a day. Cashman doing work.

Man what an amazing night for the Yankees. Did a shitload to improve their team next season without breaking the bank. They'll probably add a Carlos Pena and call it a day. Cashman doing work.

The team has been making infinitely better baseball decisions since George turned into a vegetable.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm really not sure what to think. This is one of those trades where you won't know who got the better of it for years.

On the other hand, the risk involved on both sides does make sense for each team considering their current and near-future needs.

Sad to see Pineda to but trading him for a young bat is something I approve of. If Montero pans out that's something the M's need fucking badly. Get Edgar to work with him to become the next great Seattle DH.

Also am I crazy or, considering the position they are in, would anyone else have preferred to give up Felix for Montero + more prospects? Felix is a badass but does he really fit in with the long term plans of the Mariners?

Macattk15

Sad to see Pineda to but trading him for a young bat is something I approve of. If Montero pans out that's something the M's need fucking badly. Get Edgar to work with him to become the next great Seattle DH.

Also am I crazy or, considering the position they are in, would anyone else have preferred to give up Felix for Montero + more prospects? Felix is a badass but does he really fit in with the long term plans of the Mariners?

Unless Felix has told them he wants to be a Mariner for life ... I agree.

jman2050

Montero was my favorite player. I feel so depressed right now.

I keep telling myself that this is for the best and that using him as tradebait was inevitable and that we really didn't have a place to play him for the next six years but damnit, I wanted to see him mash 50 dingers in NYS :(

Joe

AJ might be a good fit on a struggling team like TOR. I'm sure he wouldn't mind going through customs a few times a week again.

eznark

Banned
For a bunch of people who didn't even know Thurman Munson won an MVP, you sure pretend to care a lot about Yankees catchers

Fatalah

The team has been making infinitely better baseball decisions since George turned into a vegetable.
George became sick, and passed away two years ago. He isn't currently a vegetable. Hank and Hal assumed responsibilities, but Hank was quarantined after displaying George's brash tendencies.

lol yanks got fleeced that guys arm is goig to suck daniel cabrera part 2.

mets still have chris capuano we'll trade you for banuelos lololol

evilhomer

Sad to see Pineda be traded away, really entertaining to watch him pitch and was hoping we could keep him.

Would be happier with the trade if Montero was more viable defensively, but we certainly needed a hitting prospect so Im looking forward to what he can do.

A little miffed that we had to through in Campos, seems unnecessary to add another top pitching prospect.

Welcome to Seattle Jesus.

Macattk15

Man.

3 years ago .... a minor league team with Smoak, Montero and Ackley would make so many people lose their minds.

lol yanks got fleeced that guys arm is goig to suck daniel cabrera part 2.

mets still have chris capuano we'll trade you for banuelos lololol

I'll be sure to update you on Montero's WAR. As well as Smoak's!

Fatalah

I am completely aware of all this.

Cool, I was confused by your sentence's tense.

I remember a time when I didn't follow prospects closely, but now I'm all wrapped up into their careers. I currently have Ian Kennedy, Austin Jackson, Tyler Clippard, and now Jesus Montero in my peripheral. [Along with Timofey Mozgov and Danilo Gallinari :( ]

v1xEj.jpg

Goodbye, sweet Jesus.

Not sure how I feel about this. I don't know much about Pineda.

I'm sad to see him go and I think my feelings are like yours about Montero. Pineda was great for the M's. For a while there he was pretty much the front runner for AL ROY. Well at least with this trade, I hope this ends the Fielder talk in Seattle. Sign another starter and this team has alot of youth on its side. I mean damn a team with Ackley, Montero AND SMOAK. Fuck yes.

evilhomer

Man.

3 years ago .... a minor league team with Smoak, Montero and Ackley would make so many people lose their minds.

Its the truth isnt it?

I still believe Smoak can be good, and the three of them together could make for a solid middle of the order line-up. Will be fun to see what they can do together this season.

You know what's really annoying about this trade. I'm on ESPN right now reading about the trade, count them, THREE. THREE articles about how this trade helps the Yankees. I mean seriously, not even one from the M's perspective?

anytime we can get our rotation more talent and younger and cheaper I guess you go for it. it's hard to give up a guy like Montero but we got something real good in return. will Campos be with the Yankees next year or down int eh Minors??

evilhomer

anytime we can get our rotation more talent and younger and cheaper I guess you go for it. it's hard to give up a guy like Montero but we got something real good in return. will Campos be with the Yankees next year or down int eh Minors??

Campos will be in the minors for a few more years, he is only 19 years old!

Pineda is great though, you guys will love him...and i will certainly miss him :/

Man.

just montero smoak is already a bust lolol

Campos is an overrated piece of shit. lol stupid yankee fans overrating their prospects

kamikaze

You know what's really annoying about this trade. I'm on ESPN right now reading about the trade, count them, THREE. THREE articles about how this trade helps the Yankees. I mean seriously, not even one from the M's perspective?

it helps that they have a bunch of espn reporters covering new york...mlb.com had a mariner's reporting giving some perspective from their side.

seems like a move that makes sense for both sides. could burn one team in the end as pineda and montero's careers develop but, at this point, both are potential all-stars and both fill needs in their new organizations.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I guess I'd lean toward the yanks on this trade, they were not going to play montero at catcher and with their aging stars I doubt they would be able to play him at dh. Plus I'll always take the elite pitcher over the elite hitter.
Of course.

Come at me bros.
Yep, the yanks would have to throw in another player to get a hotdog with mustard.

lucius

Obviously the Yanks needed better pitching, but 5 years from now I think the Mariners will end up with the better star player.

zeroshiki

Jesus ;_;

I am legit upset at this. I like watching kids from the minors come up and contribute and Montero was a legit super-prospect which we haven't had for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom