• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
It's not like C.J. wasn't getting run support. But I can say that Yu just needs to have a better postseason ERA than 5.8 if you prefer.
Wilson's career postseason xFIP, ERA+, and SIERA are nearly identical to his 2011 stat line. Evaluating him on a handful of postseason starts is the definition of small sample size.

That being said, I wouldn't hand a 31 year old who's only started for a couple of seasons sixteen million dollars a year.

RBH

The Atlanta Braves will offer season-ticket holders a 33-percent discount on food and beverages (excluding alcohol) beginning with the 2012 season, the team announced Monday.

In a press release that referred to the discount as both “unparalleled” and “unprecedented,” the Braves said anyone with a season-ticket plan of 20 games or more can get the discount on food and beverages — non-booze category — at all fixed concession stands or through the in-seat food service (in those primo seats behind home plate).

The discount will not apply at the 755 Club, Chop House, Georgia’s Own Credit Union Club or through the vendors who roam through the stands.

Each season-ticket holder will have a bar code on his ticket or seat locater that can be scanned at the concession stand or by the in-seat server to activate the discount. The discount will trim $1.50 from the price of a 22-ounce soft drink and more than $2.50 off a brisket sandwich or large order of fries.

The Braves are trying to boost attendance after ranking 14th in the majors in 2011 with an average home attendance of 29,296. They sold 2,372,940 tickets at Turner Field, their lowest home total since 2.32 million paid in 2004.

“Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of our organization and this industry-leading benefit rewards them for their commitment to the Braves,” said Derek Schiller, Braves executive vice president of sales and marketing.
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves...-concession-prices-for-season-ticket-holders/

Our big offseason splash!

Sanjuro

No discounted booze? F that.

Be ready for a player that can get really hot....then play like shit for a long time. Ill miss him :/
I'm betting on the long time part. I wouldn't have a problem with this, just Scutaro was one of our best and most consistent hitters.

We have a clear ceiling for our payroll now and some of the uglier contracts makes it very baffling.

Jon

It's time for Jon's Page-a-Day Trivia Extravaganza!

This is probably the hardest question yet. I am tempted to give you clues, but I'm curious to see if anyone can get this, because I sure as hell didn't.

Question 11:

Toby Harrah would have been eligible for an All-Palindrome Team. How many more players would qualify?

Good fucking luck.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

This is probably the hardest question yet. I am tempted to give you clues, but I'm curious to see if anyone can get this, because I sure as hell didn't.

Question 11:

Toby Harrah would have been eligible for an All-Palindrome Team. How many more players would qualify?

Good fucking luck.
Who? What? Uhhh 25.

Question 11:

Good fucking luck.

what the FUCK

Windu

A palindrome is a word, phrase, number, or other sequence of units that can be read the same way in either direction, with general allowances for adjustments to punctuation and word dividers.

Jon

I'm just amazed how this calendar can go from "Herp derp, who hasn't won a World Series in like 100 years" to "I hope you know every player on every roster from all time to be able to answer this question."

McNei1y

Question 11:

Good fucking luck.

I will go ahead and say 5.

In other news, according to Nightengale, Rangers may be out of Fielder sweepstakes.

Question 11:

Good fucking luck.

Are we counting first names too, or just last names? If just last names, I'm guessing 8. I know two of them have to be Nens (like Rob Nen)!

If it's first names too...fuck this shit, lol.

Jorge Posada will be missed.

I'll always love you, Captain Urinehands. :(

I hope someone in these upcoming future Yankees will be able to be a fiery leader...the Yankees historically have always needed such a character in the clubhouse.

Jon

Jorge Posada owns and will always own.

And now only two of the old guard remain.

Please never retire Mo :(

I hope he never retires either, so it will be hilarious when he's like 64 and should obviously retire, and he gets shelled every night and tarnishes his legacy.

Windu

The Marlins aren't interested in Prince Fielder in part because they feel his large contract would prevent the team from making other moves, writes MLB.com's Joe Frisaro as part of a reader mailbag. To wit, signing Fielder could make it hard for Miami to sign Mike Stanton to a multiyear extension.
....where was this one month ago when they were trying to sign CJ Wilson and Albert Pujols?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom