• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Well, it's going to be hilarious in 3-4 years when the Tigers roster is filled with aging, lumbering corner players eating up a large amount of their payroll.

clemenx

Banned
Well, I can see Illitch allowing something crazy like that. Still don't believe it.

But Miggy + Prince at least the next 4 years is soooooo goooood.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
8dGP4.jpg

Jon

Say what you will about Ryan Howard, but can you imagine PRINCE at the end of that contract? Dude is going to be Mo Vaughn 2.0.

Macattk15

9 years though ... that is GOD DAMN ridiculous. Thank god the Mariners didn't try to pony up to that ... not that I was ever worried about them winning the bid for Prince anyway ...

Jesus.

Wait, 9 years for Prince? I mean, cool. Pumped for Prince, but cmon Dombrowski. And how are they gonna work with Migs and Prince in terms of DH/ FB? And who do I call Papa Grande now. Valverde or Fielder?!?

Kind of excited, though....

GodDAMN, that's a lot of cake for the big man.

But for at least these first 3 to 5 years, he is going to fucking rake. Detroit just became like a modern version of the Manny/Ortiz Red Sox from 2003 - 2006. It is literally unsafe to pitch to anyone in that lineup through roughly the 7th hitter.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
And how are they gonna work with Migs and Prince in terms of DH/ FB?
I'm looking forward to this. Neither one wants to DH.

But for at least these first 3 to 5 years, he is going to fucking rake. Detroit just became like a modern version of the Manny/Ortiz Red Sox from 2003 - 2006. It is literally unsafe to pitch to anyone in that lineup through roughly the 7th hitter.
Don't worry, Leyland will bat speedy strikeout machine Austin Jackson first!

I know I'm glad the Twins rotation is made up completely of soft tossing pitch-to-contact pitchers. Oh well, it'll be more fun when the Twins chase down the Tigers
in 2013 or 2014
this way.

Every other time spending insane amount of money on players.

Yankees are trading for younger cheap pitching and signing people to one year deals.
Bizarro world.

The last five years of that contract will be hilarious to watch. Verlander is gonna have to strike out fifteen batters a start to minimize the damage that infield will cause.

Ugh, so true. But the first few years might be fun! A possibly consistent offense in Detroit? Yea!!
I'll believe it when i see it

Gaborn

Oh my fucking dear sweet fucking my I mean fucking Prince fucking I mean what the fucking how the fucking I mean... FUCK PRINCE FUCKING FIELDER MY FUCKING GOD

eznark

Banned
So basically Fielder is really getting $70 million per realistically productive season.

That is fucking amazing.

Brewers get a first!!! (Brewers win this deal)

Tony La Russa has announced, despite retiring, he will put on the Cardinals #10 uniform one more time to manage the NL All-Stars in the 2012 All-Star Game.

Jangocube

Banned
Oh lordy, what a mess of a deal.

Was talking about him going to Detroit a couple pages back, didn't think it would actually happen though! Him and Cabrera will be absolutely sick together, but damn, that contract looks brutal.

You have to wonder if the Tigers would have done this if they didn't lose V-Mart.

I wonder if this signing will make in before The Show developers do their cut offs for player portraits.

Although it would be hilarious to see Prince Fielder with a generic MLB hat in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom