• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

Explains how he survived the cancer.

Too soon?

wYycb.gif

In other news, the Cards apparently have an offer on the table for Oswalt, and have inquired on Edwin Jackson. Anyone want Westbrook?

anyone?

ANYONE!?

bizofbaseball.com said:
Combined Salaries for A-Rod, Pujols, and Fielder More Than GDP of 12 Countries
Written by Maury Brown

It’s often said that players in MLB “make too much money.” In relationship to some professions (teachers often get cited), the relationship in pay gets brought up. Of course, when you really think about it, MLB is really a form of entertainment. It’s a capitalism thing – supply and demand – if people didn’t pay the money they did to watch games and purchase merchandise, well… players wouldn’t make as much.
But, with the Fielder signing, I made the comment to my Baseball Prospectus brethren that “the AL had gone bat-s%$# crazy” in terms of spending.”
Rebecca Glass responded by asking, “Have you thought about looking at how some of the salaries add up compared to the gross-domestic product (GDP) of some small countries?” I said I hadn’t but it would be a fun look.
To that end, Rebecca hit Wikipedia and came up with below.
If you combine A-Rod’s current deal, plus the recent Pujols and Fielder signings, you come up with a total contract amount of $729 million. These countries have a GDP less than that:

In Millions
172 Solomon Islands 717
173 Vanuatu 693
174 Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 684
175 Saint Kitts and Nevis 676
176 Timor-Leste 628
177 Comoros 574
178 Samoa 530
179 Dominica 476
180 Tonga 363
181 São Tomé and Príncipe 214
182 Kiribati 152
183 Tuvalu 31

MLB is making that cash money!!

Branduil

I have mom-and-pop place near me that serves real pizza, and there's a lunch buffet with all-you-can-eat-and-drink for $7. It's the best pizza deal I've seen.

Madtown_

I have mom-and-pop place near me that serves real pizza, and there's a lunch buffet with all-you-can-eat-and-drink for $7. It's the best pizza deal I've seen.

Wow, wish I lived near a deal like this.

I have no problems with Little Cesears, especially for $5 all the time. Not a bad deal. You can't really expect it to be healthy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OMG ELIO'S PIZZA

Here's how you eat it:

peel all the cheese off
savor the spongey crust OMG
then eat all the delicious cheese

omg

JambiBum

So just so that MLB GAF knows, Curt Schilling is now an active member of GAF. Posted over in the Kingdoms of Amalur demo thread on gaming side.

hemtae

So just so that MLB GAF knows, Curt Schilling is now an active member of GAF. Posted over in the Kingdoms of Amalur demo thread on gaming side.

!!

Curt Schilling said:
Generally people that post the real bad stuff about me are Democrats and Yankee fans, and that's cool, I get it. But you Yankee fans, keep hating, that's cool, I understand. Please don't come here and post 'You" have 27 or 28 rings or whatever, unless your Derek Jeter because YOU have none, I have 3, I was honored to play with 3 very special groups of men and be a part of 3 World Championships, and that made some folks mad...

*swoon*

BFIB

100727_schilling_bloody_sock.jpg

Here he is, popping another ketchup packet.

CONSPIRACY!

I hope he does post on MLB GAF. Just so I can thank him for ruining the Cardinals chances in '01 and '04. Still have nightmares about those series.

lol!!!

DC Gaf, I'm coming soon to further gentrify your city, I hope. I've never been in a position to casually go watch baseball on a whim, so I'd like to know a bit about the Nationals fan experience. I'm serious! Plus, I've never gone to games as a fan of a visiting team, which should be fun.

I want Curt Schilling to post in MLB-GAF. It would be my greatest moment on the Internet to be able to talk with - and potentially baseball troll - a legendary baseball player.

ESPECIALLY one who was a legendary rival to my favorite baseball team. And ESPECIALLY one who is a legitimate, real gamer. <3

I want Curt Schilling to post in MLB-GAF. It would be my greatest moment on the Internet to be able to talk with - and potentially baseball troll - a legendary baseball player.

ESPECIALLY one who was a legendary rival to my favorite baseball team. And ESPECIALLY one who is a legitimate, real gamer. <3

If he don't like Shenmue, he ain't a legitimate gamer. I didn't make the rules, it's just how it is.

newjeruse

He used to post on SoSH back in the day, but that's dried up. The only time he talks baseball now is to do gutless Manny Ramirez hit jobs.

As a Red Sox fan, it'd be so nice to never hear from him again.

Malo

Banned
He used to post on SoSH back in the day, but that's dried up. The only time he talks baseball now is to do gutless Manny Ramirez hit jobs.

He use to post at nyyfans as well.

Hopefully he does post in here sometime this year.

Sanjuro

What's with the salt? Manny performs all his own hits currently.

I didn't want to lose my family man :(

Frankly, I would love to see him and Pedro play grab ass in DLC format.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
@JonHeymanCBS Jon Heyman
theriot gets $1.25M from #SFGiants plus 750 grand in incentives

Reaction from McCC:

As cynical as I want to be, though, here's the part that leads the story for me: Ryan Theriot has a career OBP of .344. He has Lincecum-esque power, he apparently runs the bases like Eugenio Velez, and he's not a highly regarded defensive shortstop. There are a lot of reasons to make an I-think-that-a-raccoon-must-have-been-trapped-under-the-house-and-died-there face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom