• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekameohs

Banned
Now the Giants get to look forward to this!

theriot_roll_rofl.gif

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I cant wait to see how Cabrera will be at 3rd base. I love him. He does not give a crap. And his reactions are legendary.

But watching him at 3rd base would be worth the price of the ticket.

As a Twins fan, I think I will enjoy it even more.

Sanjuro

Back on the pizza theme, ended up getting Cosi pizza tonight. Everything they serve is terrible IMO, pizza however is pretty nice.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story...oy-oswalt-likely-sign-st-louis-cardinals-soon

The Red Sox last Saturday traded shortstop Marco Scutaro to Colorado Rockies to free up money for other moves, one of which was the signing of free-agent outfielder Cody Ross last week. They had targeted the 34-year-old Oswalt once he made it known he would be willing to accept a one-year deal, but Oswalt, who spent the first 9½ seasons of his career with the Houston Astros before going to the Phillies in a trade-deadline deal in 2010, apparently preferred to remain in the National League.
Now that Fielder has signed and the SP market is thinning out, let's see how much Boras can hype up Edwin Jackson to the Red Sox.

jman2050

Oh Brandy, in ten years when the Rangers have blow another world series or two and ultimately end up with nothing, you'll look back on that glorious half a year when Cliff was on your team and shake your head. "If only our team never traded for that fraud." And people will laugh at you, in much the same way they do now, and nothing will change.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Bud Selig on Playoff Expansion said:
“While I agree with Yogi Berra that it ain’t over til it’s over, I really believe we’ll have the wild card for 2012, this year,” Selig said. “Clubs really want it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an issue that the clubs want more than to have the extra wild card, this year.
“We’re working on dates right now. That will all take place. It looks to me like we’ll have it because I’ve told everybody that we have it. It’ll be exciting – (a) one-game playoff and start the playoffs out on a very exciting manner.”
http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/whit...wild-card-will-take?blockID=640018&feedID=619

I can't wait to watch the braves be elminated because of an error by dan uggla.

Jay Sosa

Hi!

Can anyone recommend me some good baseball books? Only read Game of Shadows so far. Can be bios, books about the origin of the sport, interesting stuff about franchises(Especially interested in the Yankees :D), anything that's a good read.

Thanks guys!

He owns 38 Studios, who are developing Kingdoms of Alamur: Reckoning. He's been chiming in since yesterday morning about the demo and how not everyone will be pleased with the game, but he's cool with it.

Then he ethered Yankees-GAF, and all was well.

Rofl that's hilarious. I liked the demo..now I'm not so sure anymore ;)

eznark

Banned
Hi!

Can anyone recommend me some good baseball books? Only read Game of Shadows so far. Can be bios, books about the origin of the sport, interesting stuff about franchises(Especially interested in the Yankees :D), anything that's a good read.

Thanks guys!

Rofl that's hilarious. I liked the demo..now I'm not so sure anymore ;)

The Baseball Economist
Fantasyland
I Had A Hammer

He owns 38 Studios, who are developing Kingdoms of Alamur: Reckoning. He's been chiming in since yesterday morning about the demo and how not everyone will be pleased with the game, but he's cool with it.

Then he ethered Yankees-GAF, and all was well.

Well he ethered us, then called us highly intelligent. What, did you think I was kidding earlier?

Also, everyone who has ever referred to their team as "we" in this thread got ethered by proxy. Well, assuming your team has won a World Series, I guess.

Also also, apparently the Amalur demo was buggy but it seems pretty great from what I played. (For reals.)

eznark

Banned
I loved the art style and I was blown away by the demo. I only played it for the ME stuff but now I will buy it for sure.

Cool. I would hav bought it were it not for the demo. Your boy needs to post a picture of the sharpie he used on his sock before I'll believe it's anything but an intern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom