• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vargas

Hey everyone, it's an early edition of Jon's Page-a-Day Trivia Extravaganza!

Today we have a triple feature --Friday's question, the weekend question, and today's question. If you get all three correct, I will give you a bonus point in the standings!

Question 13:

Which hurler led the 1950s in wins?

A) Robin Roberts
B) Warren Spahn
C) Whitey Ford
D) Early Winn

Question 14:

Rank the following players in career home runs for the Braves:

A) Eddie Matthews
B) Chipper Jones
C) Dale Murphy
D) Hank Aaron

Question 15:

Among the following two-sport pro athletes, find the one who played on championship teams in both sports:

A) Gene Conley
B) Dave DeBusschere
C) Bo Jackson
D) Deion Sanders

Good luck!

13: B
14: D, A, B, C
15: D

h3ro

AkW275lCQAEJjkf.jpg

"Great scene in the Mariners clubhouse. Jesus Montero meets Dan Wilson and says, "I want to be like you.""

Aww.

eww. eww eww ewwwwwwwwwww

Jangocube

Banned
Well well, looks like last season all over again!

Brian Roberts may have to miss the Orioles' upcoming FanFest due to lingering post-concussion symptoms.
Roberts did not appear in a game after May 16 last season due to the severe concussion and may still be struggling when spring training gets underway next month. The veteran second baseman can be left alone in fantasy drafts this year, unless his mental health suddenly improves within the next month or so.

Why the fuck did we not trade this guy 3 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat Burrell has announced his retirement at age 35.

Burrell wraps up with two World Series rings, in 2008 with the Phillies and 2010 with the Giants, despite going 1-for-27 with 16 strikeouts in 12 World Series games.

Pat Burrell has announced his retirement at age 35.

Burrell wraps up with two World Series rings, in 2008 with the Phillies and 2010 with the Giants, despite going 1-for-27 with 16 strikeouts in 12 World Series games.

I'll always appreciate Pat the Bat's contributions that eventually led to a WS championship in Philly. The "Man or Machine?" t-shirt still makes me laugh.

man-or-machine.jpg

Damn. I just watched some various MLB Vita footage, and I'm almost sold. The crossplay covers RttS, Franchise mode and everything? That's amazing. You can't play online cross platform though, right?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

Today we have a triple feature --Friday's question, the weekend question, and today's question. If you get all three correct, I will give you a bonus point in the standings!

Question 13:

A) Robin Roberts
B) Warren Spahn
C) Whitey Ford
D) Early Winn

Question 14:

A) Eddie Matthews
B) Chipper Jones
C) Dale Murphy
D) Hank Aaron

Question 15:

Among the following two-sport pro athletes, find the one who played on championship teams in both sports:

A) Gene Conley
B) Dave DeBusschere
C) Bo Jackson
D) Deion Sanders

Good luck!
B
D,A,B,C
A

h3ro

Looks like Victor Martinez's injury was a lot more severe than just an ACL rupture. He's having Microfracture surgery along with Meniscal repairs done.

Must have done some serious damage to the cartilage for them to jump to Microfracture. Definitely out for 2012, and might not even be back 100% in 2013.

Story link

eznark

Banned
Looks like Victor Martinez's injury was a lot more severe than just an ACL rupture. He's having Microfracture surgery along with Meniscal repairs done.

Must have done some serious damage to the cartilage for them to jump to Microfracture. Definitely out for 2012, and might not even be back 100% in 2013.

Story link

Sounds like he owed money to the wrong people

Question 13:

A) Robin Roberts
B) Warren Spahn
C) Whitey Ford
D) Early Winn

Question 14:

A) Eddie Matthews
B) Chipper Jones
C) Dale Murphy
D) Hank Aaron

Question 15:

A) Gene Conley
B) Dave DeBusschere
C) Bo Jackson
D) Deion Sanders

Good luck!
1. B
2. D, A, B, C
3. D

Doytch

Everyone's responses have me thinking I'm overestimating how long Aaron spent in Milwaukee.

OH SHITFUCK I just realised that I was thinking of them as separate franchise. Fuck me.

pax217

Hopefully he says the same thing (and means it) to Edgar whenever they meet.

I spoke with Edgar Martinez this past weekend, that dude is so far gone it's crazy.

On the contrary, you'd think Dan would strive to be like Jesus.

I hope this young M's team can turn into something decent in the next three seasons so I don't feel like such a baboon with my tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom