• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Thread title made me laugh. Memphis is so totally consumed with basketball I turn off the radio until April. Last year it was worse bc of the Grizzlies playoff run.

What are the dimensions for that park? That one picture Solidsnakejej posted makes it seem quite small. Could just be the perspective though.

Edit: Never mind. They're actually kind of big, especially to right center and center. Must have been the perspective.

What are the dimensions for that park? That one picture Solidsnakejej posted makes it seem quite small. Could just be the perspective though.

Edit: Never mind. They're actually kind of big, especially to right center and center. Must have been the perspective.

They planned this to be a pitcher's ballpark so it isn't small.

There's a giant fish tank/aquarium behind home plate, or at least they planned one, not sure if made it into the final design.

Yes, they're there they installed them awhile ago, it's two separate aquariums with a middle divider
artist render
b9OEz.png

The webcam from the site:http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/mia/ballpark/webcam.jsp

That shit crazy. The Marlins get a new park and these are the things they decide to do? Lol

Loria is a art dealer, he wants the stadium to be an art exhibit.

Well shit, I think the lime green wall is AWESOME. It's nice to inject a little style into your identity as a team. It'll generate press, and make people feel like the team is part of the community for once.

Diamondbacks and Miguel Montero have agreed on a 1-year, $5.9 million deal to avoid arbitration. Montero originally filed for $6.8 million while the D'Backs countered with $5.4 million.

NL rules in NL parks makes sense.

NL rules in AL parks?

Goddammit, Selig.

No worries, everyone; he's doing it for baseball reasons.
Well, it gives the home town fans a taste of "the other league's rules" but I don't know if the average ticket buyer is as fervently opposed to said rules as the average internet poster.

eznark

Banned
Bad business: Replacing Yuniesky Betancourt with Alex Gonzalez is like replacing a gently stewed diaper with a decaying ferret. Shortstop may not be the easiest position to fill nowadays, but come on.

Good to see Larry Dobrow continues to have no clue. Phew, the more things change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom