• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosenthal is reporting the Pirates offered Edwin Jackson a 3-year, $32 million deal but were declined in favor of the Nationals' 1-year, $10 million offer.

Well the Mets can only go up from here. And how awesome will it feel once they go up. However long it takes.

Probably after the Bonilla contract.
Or after they are no longer associated with Citigroup.
Or after the Wilpons no longer own the team.
Or after they are demoted/relegated to the minors and the Cyclones are made the Major League MLB team.

So what...like, 2030?

eznark

Banned
lol we suck.

I'm guessing he would have turned down such an offer from anyone, they were basically for the same yearly money. He is 27 years old. Better off testing the market again at 28 than again at 30.

Boras is trying to bank on big money at all times.

Don't take it personal!

jakncoke

Banned
I'm guessing he would have turned down such an offer from anyone, they were basically for the same yearly money. He is 27 years old. Better off testing the market again at 28 than again at 30.

Boras is trying to bank on big money at all times.

Don't take it personal!

Look at our potential starting rotation this year. I have to!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Probably after the Bonilla contract.
Or after they are no longer associated with Citigroup.
Or after the Wilpons no longer own the team.
Or after they are demoted/relegated to the minors and the Cyclones are made the Major League MLB team.

So what...like, 2030?

Who wins the World Series first? The Cubs, The Orioles, or The Mets?

RBH

109.jpg

gyi0061162135.jpg

Chicago+Cubs+v+Los+Angeles+Dodgers+YRRvQUu_Xyzl.jpg

John Cena is a man of the people!

Yankees are close to an agreement with Raul Ibanez. Supposedly Ibanez is taking less money to sign with the Yankees (did I really just type that) and turning down other, higher offers. Boras and Cashman are said to be wrapping things up.

Any rumors on where my main mang JohnnyD is going?

We could use an outfielder...

Jim Bowden reports, "Johnny Damon is still drawing interest from four different teams as Spring Training nears.
The Yankees, Orioles, Mariners and Athletics are believed to be courting the outfielder/designated hitter."

With the Ibanez signing the Yanks are out. I see him going to Oakland out of the three listed.

Sanjuro

Jim Bowden reports, "Johnny Damon is still drawing interest from four different teams as Spring Training nears.
The Yankees, Orioles, Mariners and Athletics are believed to be courting the outfielder/designated hitter."

With the Ibanez signing the Yanks are out. I see him going to Oakland out of the three listed.

No idea why the Yankees wouldn't want a part of him. Always under the impression Yankees fans loved him despite that one time he held the entire city down and fucked it.

I want my Damon HoF'er speech, damnit.

Oakland seems like the probable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom