• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

I think it'd be fun to get into a community for baseball (like the madden league) and I see this as a start.

I'll be glad to take the Natinals but I have to first convince myself that the money will be well spent. It may take a couple of weeks and it may not happen at all but I'm going to try and make it work!

That is the idea behind the test league. Gives the Day One people something to do, while we find out some of the bugs or lingering issues.

In the absence of the Crew, I'd be happy with either Florida team or KC.

I don't believe there is anyone who actively picks the Royals. I think there are only a couple posters on here that follow regularly, not sure if they are getting the game.

turnbuckle

In 10 I had to pick the Twins. Last year I picked the Rangers. Both teams were top teams in the game the respective years, so I wasn't too mad. Turn, remember ur boy Thome hitting HRs every other at bat? Lol

Thome is just sick in this game. He must have some hidden bonus cus his mashing was so ridiculous it'd make Ruth and Bonds blush. He and Adam Dunn are the true kings of the show. I actually started to sweat thinking of how to get around Thome. He's too nice of a guy to want to bean, but I admit to chucking a few heaters at his grill from time to time.

turnbuckle

That is the idea behind the test league. Gives the Day One people something to do, while we find out some of the bugs or lingering issues.

I don't believe there is anyone who actively picks the Royals. I think there are only a couple posters on here that follow regularly, not sure if they are getting the game.

I think Duane Cunningham might use them.

Emilio Bonafacio has won arbitration against the Marlins. He will make $2.2 million in 2012 instead of the $1.95 million the Marlins offered.

TheNatural

My Member!
The Reds designated righty Carlos Fisher to open a spot on the 40-man roster for Ryan Ludwick, reports MLB.com's Mark Sheldon. Jeff Francis' minor league deal with the Reds was also finalized.

U guys jelly?

Doytch

Dibs on the Jays. Gonna Booster Juice it all the fuck up.

I actually forget who I preordered it from....was some sort of deal that was in this thread...

eznark

Banned
So I noticed today that a whole bunch of the BR.com player pages sponsorships have expired.

Cueto page is $100
Latos page is $355

The market has spoken. Latos is the Reds #1 starter.

So I noticed today that a whole bunch of the BR.com player pages sponsorships have expired.

Cueto page is $100
Latos page is $355

The market has spoken. Latos is the Reds #1 starter.

There are more BRef pages that are unsponsored these days than ones that are, it seems.

turnbuckle

Dibs on the Jays. Gonna Booster Juice it all the fuck up.

I actually forget who I preordered it from....was some sort of deal that was in this thread...

Newegg had a deal for $12 off about a month ago and the same deal a few days ago too. Checked today and it's expired but I'm sure there'll be other and maybe better deals soon. I remember people getting it for like thirty bucks at some place I never heard of last year.

Jangocube

Banned
Why's Korea messing with my boys?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?

The Korean Baseball Organization has filed a letter of protest to MLB alleging that the Orioles broke protocol by signing 17-year-old left-hander Seong-Min Kim.
KBO wants an explanation why they were not informed the Orioles were talking with Kim. "Poaching our players like this makes it difficult for (South Korea) to keep its scouting rules tight and to develop our youth sports programs," said Michael Park, the KBO's operations manager. "We only have 50 high school teams and taking promising players away like this makes it very hard for Korean baseball to stay strong." MLB is currently investigating the matter, but since this appears to be an unwritten rule-type situation, it's hard to say what the fallout will be.

The Yonhap News Agency reports that Orioles' left-hander Seong-Min Kim has been suspended indefinitely by Korea's governing baseball body.
Kim, 17, signed with the Orioles last month. However, the Korean Baseball Organization filed a letter of protest to MLB this week because they weren't made aware the young left-hander was negotiating with Baltimore. As a result, Kim will not be able to play or coach baseball in Korea. It's worth noting that Byung-Hyun Kim and Hee-Seop Choi were also both suspended for leaving for the U.S. before completing high school, but those suspensions were eventually dropped and both players have since returned to play in Korea.

I assume this is South Korea and not Best Korea. Can't they just leave the O's alone and get back to playing SC2!

Newegg had a deal for $12 off about a month ago and the same deal a few days ago too. Checked today and it's expired but I'm sure there'll be other and maybe better deals soon. I remember people getting it for like thirty bucks at some place I never heard of last year.

I have my fingers crossed for a $30 deal this year.

eznark

Banned
I'm contemplating buying Dale Sveum's page and shitting on the Cubs every day. My buddy just bought Branyan's and said they let you change it at will!

Yeah, I do plan on participating again this year, and using the Royals again would be my preference. But if you decide you really want to go KC, we can work it out.

I'll go with almost anything, really. I don't have that long of a history around this thread, so I'll happily defer to the more tenured members.

Blearth

Banned
Huh? They are accurate.

SD and Washington have newer variants.
They mixed up the team logos with the cap logos.

2012Padreslogo.jpg

Washington_Nationals_2011.png

Sanjuro

No, he is looking at the cost to sponsor the site. The reward is you are able to flood the statistics page with a homer-esque rant.

Johnny Damon is $695.

eznark

Banned
You are looking at their contracts? lol

If Jackie played today Boras would have been his agent.

No. The amount it costs to buy the ad space on their pages. Robinson is criminally low at $240. Pujols costs $3220. I found one earlier that was $14,000 but I cannot for the life of me remember who.

It's my new favorite way of ranking players! Let the market decide!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
$665 for Michael Cuddyer's page. I wanted to post about how Jim Souhan won't be able to get any more clubhouse dirt now that he's on the Rockies, but not for that kind of coin.

eznark

Banned
$665 for Michael Cuddyer's page. I wanted to post about how Jim Souhan won't be able to get any more clubhouse dirt now that he's on the Rockies, but not for that kind of coin.

I'm seriously considering Gary Sheffield's page. I have a friend looking into what I can and cannot post on it without getting sued. By looking into, I mean I sent him a list of things I want to say about Gary Sheffield and he is telling me if I will get sued.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
No. The amount it costs to buy the ad space on their pages. Robinson is criminally low at $240. Pujols costs $3220. I found one earlier that was $14,000 but I cannot for the life of me remember who.

It's my new favorite way of ranking players! Let the market decide!

Do Griffey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom