• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at that stat page...holy shit. Why the fuck did the Mets give him $36 million over 3 years? :lol

SHUT THE FUCK UP

I wanted to argue harder with my former boss when that shit happened but he was my boss. When I got laid off a year later I should have told him I WAS RIGHT YOU ASSHOLE

eznark

Banned
Someone already owns it. I sent an email to Sean Foreman to see if he would be willing to provide a list of prices (since they clearly make it public). I'm really hoping they do.

Sanjuro

It's Forman.

nTpL9.jpg

The Cubs, Indians, Marlins, Orioles, Tigers, and White Sox are believed to be the top six teams in on Yoenis Cespedes.

So of course, he'll sign with none of those teams.

Just looking at that stat page...holy shit. Why the fuck did the Mets give him $36 million over 3 years? :lol

it was worth it at the time. He was only walking about 4 per game with a sub 4.7 era.
The thing a lot of people don't know about Ollie is all the intangibles that he has- he's smart, durable, and is a locker room leader.

h3ro

it was worth it at the time. He was only walking about 4 per game with a sub 4.7 era.
The thing a lot of people don't know about Ollie is all the intangibles that he has- he's smart, durable, and is a locker room leader.

Also had a kickass set of sideburns.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Astros are going to copy the Miguel Cabrera experiment and move Brett Wallace to 3B? Man I remember the days he was considered a legit prospect.

TheNatural

My Member!
If you wanna hang out

With Oil Can Boyd

Cocaine.

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright.

Cocaine.

BOSTON (CBS) – Former Red Sox pitcher Dennis “Oil Can” Boyd admitted on Wednesday that two-thirds of the time he was on the mound, he was under the influence of cocaine.

“Oh yeah, at every ballpark. There wasn’t one ballpark that I probably didn’t stay up all night, until four or five in the morning, and the same thing is still in your system,” Boyd told WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Jonny Miller in Fort Myers, Fla. “It’s not like you have time to go do it while in the game, which I had done that.

“Some of the best games I’ve ever, ever pitched in the major leagues I stayed up all night; I’d say two-thirds of them,” said Boyd, who spent eight of his 10 major league seasons with the Red Sox. “If I had went to bed, I would have won 150 ballgames in the time span that I played. I feel like my career was cut short for a lot of reasons, but I wasn’t doing anything that hundreds of ball players weren’t doing at the time; because that’s how I learned it.”

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/02/...dmits-to-pitching-under-influence-of-cocaine/

eznark

Banned
Oil Can Boyd's entire career was in the 80's. Saying he was snorting blow while playing major league baseball in the 80's is sort of redundant.

In shocking news, Rich Harden will miss the entire 2012 season after having a major shoulder operation.

Also, the Rangers and Nelson Cruz agreed on a 2-year, $16 million deal to avoid arbitration. The deal also eats up his final arbitration year. He originally filed for $7.5 million while the Rangers countered with $5.5 million. Cruz will be a free agent after the 2013 season.

In shocking news, Rich Harden will miss the entire 2012 season after having a major shoulder operation.

I'm stunned.

Also, the Rangers and Nelson Cruz agreed on a 2-year, $16 million deal to avoid arbitration. The deal also eats up his final arbitration year. He originally filed for $7.5 million while the Rangers countered with $5.5 million. Cruz will be a free agent after the 2013 season.

If he plays a majority of both seasons (big if), this is a helluva deal.

Doytch

Reading through the Klaw top 100 between waiting for batch jobs to finish at work...

DBacks rotation has potential to be devastating. Bauer/Bradley/Skaggs in addition to the Cahill, Hudson and Kennedy?

Hold on to your shit.

Yankees and Pirates are discussing a potential A.J. Burnett trade.

Burnett is still owed $33 million the next two seasons ($16.5 million annually), so the Pirates would probably want the Yankees to cover about $24 million of that of that.

Burnett has a limited no-trade clause that would require his trade approval for 10 teams. It's not known whether the Pirates are on it or not.

eznark

Banned
Been rumored for a week now but apparently:

@JonHeymanCBS: braun arbitrator wont be inhibited by usual 25-day limit. so decision not necessarily expected by sunday. #crew

I've yet to hear a reason for it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Been rumored for a week now but apparently:

@JonHeymanCBS: braun arbitrator wont be inhibited by usual 25-day limit. so decision not necessarily expected by sunday. #crew

I've yet to hear a reason for it.
this is taking FOR-EV-VER

yzlgQ.jpg

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
you're not a true Gaffer until you post in the OT.

oh god i sound like a yankee fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom