• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been rumored for a week now but apparently:

@JonHeymanCBS: braun arbitrator wont be inhibited by usual 25-day limit. so decision not necessarily expected by sunday. #crew

I've yet to hear a reason for it.
Wtf. I bet he annouces that shit two days after lol.

Eznark, Manny played 5 games in the season before he was suspended.

For anybody trying to get their lady friends or family members enjoy good ole fantasy baseball!

zap2it.com said:
So this is a thing. CBS Sports has released the "Fantasy Baseball Boyfriend," which it describes as "a single draftee, fantasy baseball, mini game designed for those who love baseball players. Pick your first BBBF at the beginning of the 2012 Baseball Season. Every time your boyfriend plays, you accumulate points based on his stats for the day. If he can't perform, dump him. Then pick up a new BBBF."

Thank god. I mean, thank the good lord for CBS Sports. I've tried so hard to understand Fantasy Baseball and I just can't!

*foot stomp* *hair flip*

And do you notice how this is made just for us "girls"? You can tell by the way they use phrases like "little black book" and "hunk," like we're all trapped in an episode of "Sex and the City."

It's also nice the way CBS encourages you to play the field:

"You can date him for along [sic] as you like. Maybe he's just good for one game." "If he stays past noon, he's your BBBF for the night." "Even if your fantasy team isn't doing well, you can still get bragging rights for having the bestest BBBF ever." "Through out the season, you can look back at ex-boyfriends and see how long you've dated them." "You can have one Baseball Boyfriend in each of your fantasy leagues. The more leagues you play in, the more boys you can have." "Is it better to keep one man all season, or trade everyday? It's up to you."

So let's see if I've got this straight - CBS Sports

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Buster Olney
Garrett Jones is, in fact, the guy NYY want in any Burnett deal with the Pirates,but PIT not interested in moving Jones. No traction so far.

Man that takes a lot of gall from Cash to actually want a serviceable major league player back for Burnett.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Buster Olney
Garrett Jones is, in fact, the guy NYY want in any Burnett deal with the Pirates,but PIT not interested in moving Jones. No traction so far.

Man that takes a lot of gall from Cash to actually want a serviceable major league player back for Burnett.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees end up getting Jones. It would be fitting to have him destroy the Twins as a Yankee after they let him go for nothing.

Malo

Banned
Buster Olney

What an amazing off-season cash would have if he could pull that off.

PECOTA says Pujols will be worth about 7.5 Wins Above Replacement Player, or WARP. That's an MVP level, but it's especially high for a conservative projection system like PECOTA. The second-best player in baseball is Evan Longoria, nearly two wins back at 5.6. And only three players, including Pujols and Longoria, are over 5.0. So a 7.5-WARP projection is just something massive.

wat

eznark

Banned
LaTroy knows what's up

Q9Ewn.png

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Supposedly Keith Law's rankings have the Cardinals 4th behind San Diego, Tampa, and Toronto. That jives with Sickel's rankings and makes the mlb.com ranking of the Cards' farm the oddball of the bunch.

Yo guys Frank will be back early March. He said he's recruiting guys thru GAF-IRC. The league should start by April, when Knight releases his full minors. If u play franchise, you need these rosters. The guy creates great accurate minor league rosters. Just to let you guys know, he wants 30 teams in the league.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yo guys Frank will be back early March. He said he's recruiting guys thru GAF-IRC. The league should start by April, when Knight releases his full minors. If u play franchise, you need these rosters. The guy creates great accurate minor league rosters. Just to let you guys know, he wants 30 teams in the league.

lol one can wish for alot of things.

Jangocube

Banned
Pffft, 30 team leagues? That sounds terrible.

You guys should just do CBS money leagues. Not that hard to win. Easy to make your money back at least. You just have to stay up to date on any baseball news all season long, which most of you guys do.

If you do try a money league and fail, don't blame me though. Blame your hatred for the undervalued fantasy baseball gems that are the O's.

Enron

Banned
Pffft, 30 team leagues? That sounds terrible.

You guys should just do CBS money leagues. Not that hard to win. Easy to make your money back at least. You just have to stay up to date on any baseball news all season long, which most of you guys do.

If you do try a money league and fail, don't blame me though. Blame your hatred for the undervalued fantasy baseball gems that are the O's.

30-team MLB 12 The Show leagues, im pretty sure that's what they meant. NOT a 30-team fantasy league.

Is The Show that much better than 2K?

I have played both the last 3 years, and the Show is lightyears ahead of 2K. It destroys it in terms of graphics and presentation, has way more options for tweaking things, and has way more features. Plus if you have a 3D TV the Show looks fantastic in 3D, and if you have a Move controller you can play the whole game with it this year. If you plan to get a Vita at some point you can take your save from the PS3 on the go with you on your Vita by using the cloud save feature, you dont even need PS+ either.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm buying this year's The Show, first time I will own a baseball game since Sports Talk Baseball on the Genesis...

If you guys are desperate and need someone to fill the league send me a PM. But letting you know I definitely will be terrible.

Sanjuro

I rather have five consistent players do a league than do a full league of thirty teams consisting of a few GAF'ers and a bunch of random weeaboos. It's hard enough as it is.

Currently we've got,

Sanjuro
Dmncnby2k9
eznark
Doytch
turnbuckle
McNei1y
Frankman
acheron_xl
Duane Cunningham
darkside

That is ten. I'm sure there will be a few more to come closer to launch day, but I'm not going to grab random people for the sake of filling random teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom