• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't going to be called the Astros anymore when they move to the AL because of NASA's downsizing. They gonna be called the Houston Ham Fighters.

RBH

It's official -- #Marlins will be featured on Showtime's The Franchise this year. Formal announcement coming shortly
http://twitter.com/#!/joecapMARLINS/status/169096430647115776

iHAeiySMDZPhv.jpg

soo who hits the first hr in that stadium? they play the cardinals the first game.

http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=mia#m=4&y=2012&calendar=DEFAULT

Here are the projected opening day lineups for both teams. Take your pick.

Cardinals:
1. Rafael Furcal - SS
2. Jon Jay - CF
3. Carlos Beltran - RF
4. Matt Holliday - LF
5. Lance Berkman - 1B
6. David Freese - 3B
7. Yadier Molina - C
8. Daniel Descalso - 2B
9. Chris Carpenter - P

Marlins:
1. Jose Reyes - SS
2. Emilio Bonafacio - CF
3. Hanley Ramirez - 3B
4. Mike Stanton - RF
5. Logan Morrison - LF
6. Gaby Sanchez - 1B
7. John Buck - C
8. Omar Infante - 2B
9. Josh Johnson - P

RBH

The funniest person on Twitter these days is New York Mets general manager Sandy Alderson. His account – @MetsGM – reads like a good parody. Only it’s really him, the actual Mets GM firing tweet after snide tweet at the team that pays him, which makes it a thousand times funnier than satire ever could be.

Gallows humor plays well with the Mets, the biggest disaster in professional sports. They turn 50 this year, and their midlife crisis isn’t one whiled away in the driver’s seat of a Miata. Nor, as much as he’d like to be the case, the one in the car Alderson is driving to Mets spring training.

Alderson’s Twitter narrative thus far has focused on his jaunt to Port St. Lucie, Fla. His latest tweet encapsulates his message: “Will have to drive carefully on trip; Mets only reimburse for gas at a downhill rate. Will try to coast all the way to FL.” Considering in his two years as Mets GM Alderson has seen the opening day payroll drop from $134.4 million to $118.8 million to a projected $93 million, at least downhill is something to which he has grown accustomed.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-passan_new_york_mets_wilpon_alderson_madoff_021312

https://twitter.com/#!/metsgm

clemenx

Banned
Oh my god this tweet was pure genius.
Will have to drive carefully on trip; Mets only reimburse for gas at a downhill rate. Will try to coast all the way to FL.

This has been the Mets related thing this offseason :(

rekameohs

Banned
Of course, you could support the other 1998 franchise team that's already made history with a world series victory and a 111 loss season. :D

Looks like the Yankees/Pirates A.J. Burnett deal is going to happen this week. The Pirates are expected to cover anywhere from $13 to $15 million of Burnett's remaining $33 million for the next two years. The Pirates will also be sending along two minor leaguers that are not on their 40-man roster.

Cashman for president.

Also, OMG @ new Marlins on TV. Ozzie will destroy everyone...it will be glorious.

I think it's great Marlins fans have such a nice looking park. I used to not watch the FLorida series on TV because it would make me depressed. Especially with that ugly blue wall BLARGH

Man I really wish the Redsox would build a contemporary stadium already. Who gives a shit about history, Fenway Park is a piece of garbage.

h3ro

Isn't crossing the plate an automatic out?

I thought it's an automatic out only if you cross the plate prior to the swing. Unless it's one of those dumb unwritten rules.

Also, did Braun get the suspension dropped yet? Has he been forever tainted in your eyes, ez, even if acquitted?

this news is a few days old, but it concerns the Royals, so you guys probably missed it:

The Royals have been looking for a replacement broadcaster for Frank White (Royals HoF, and one of only three numbers they've ever retired) who they fired a few moths ago, setting off a huge shit storm with the fans and media.

The replacement is... Rex The "Wonderdog" Hudler! Of MLB The Show fame. As a Kansas Citian, I'm still a little pissed about Frank (while simultaneously sick of hearing other fans complain about it), but hey, getting the Wonderdog is pretty cool.

ToxicAdam

I like Hudler in small doses. I don't know if I would like him in 3 hour stretches. His earnestness and excitablity becomes grating.

I like Hudler in small doses. I don't know if I would like him in 3 hour stretches. His earnestness and excitablity becomes grating.

We'll see I guess. There's also the question of how well he'll mix with his new partner Ryan LeFevre. But Ryan is kind of sarcastic, dry and sometimes a little hilariously grumpy, so maybe it'll be a good contrast.

Doytch

And Sidney Crosby, especially. (although, he may have had a broken neck all this time)
It's all under control. He's got a chiropractor.
h3r0 said:
Might be due to the bagged milk. I wanna to a randomized control study on this.
For the record, I've never had a concussion, and I've been hit in the head with baseballs, my snowboard, the pavement, and hockey boards several times each.

Oh, and Morneau and Bay are from BC, so they don't get wicked-awesome bagged milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom