• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
I wonder how a big time paid player feels about going from a World Series contending team to one of the worst teams in the league in front of sparse crowds whenever it happens.

eznark

Banned
Are any of you going to the sabr analytical conference in March? I'm going to be in AZ for ST that week and am thinking of going.

I am going to spring traning this year. I am going to see the Phils play the Braves at Disney World. This will be my first ST game, hopefully it will be a good time.

jakncoke

Banned
Speaking of Cole, I really hope he pans out. Taillon as well. And hopefully some of the other zillion pitchers we've drafted in the early rounds.

jakncoke

Banned
The sad thing is, AJ Burnett would be a plus for our rotation.

Charlie Morton, James McDonald,Kevin Correia,Jeff Karstens,Erik Bedard is our most likely rotation if AJ is dealt to us. So yeah. 2013/14/15 cant come fast enough where the dudes in the minors start coming up

eznark

Banned
Do you remember the turn of the century Pirates hype-train for the Duke-Perez-Gorzellany-Snell-Maholm rotation? Braves 2.0!

sorry, jakncoke

RBH

Buster Olney
Sources: Oakland has agreed to terms with Yoenis Cespedes, 4 years, $36 million.

What the fuck?

billy-beane.jpg

wtf, how'd Beane come up so stealthily there?

Man, I'm gonna be pissed if Cespedes is a real player...mashing balls out for pennies in Oaksterdam/San Jose while they pay pennies for their starting rotation to throw no-hitters and stunt on A-Rod. :(

Gaborn

I'm disappointed the Tigers didn't manage to land Cespedes. He would've really tightened up our outfield defense even IF his bat isn't ready for the majors.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Susan Slusser
Cespedes will make $6.5 million this year, $8.5 mill in 2013 and $10.5 mill in each of the final two years, the Chronicle has learned.

Beane out Marlin'd the Marlins.

RBH

The A’s also had interest in another Cuban outfielder, Jorge Soler, but this signing ends that pursuit. The team is still likely to sign Manny Ramirez, however. “Manny is still on the board,” one source told me. With Ramirez sitting out the first 50 games because of a suspension, the thinking is that signing him is win-win: If the team still needs a bat at that point, give him a whirl.

UPDATE: There seems to be some feeling out there that Cespedes potentially will start the season in the minors. That’s not what I’m hearing from A’s people, who are already trying to figure out what the big-league outfield is going to look like. When they’re considering shifting Crisp from center, they’re not thinking Sacramento for Cespedes – or at least not any long stay there. I’d be surprised if he’s not in the Opening Day lineup, though a poor spring training might change that.
http://blog.sfgate.com/athletics/2012/02/13/oakland-as-land-cuban-star-yoenis-cespedes/

The Rangers continue to talk about Koji Uehara with Oakland, which is also in talks with FA reliever Mike Gonzalez.
https://twitter.com/#!/Buster_ESPN/status/169104067665211392

Iceman

Not nearly weak enough. Not this year at least. But congrats on the season tickets! Full package?

Nah. Quarter season package. Works out well for me as I live in LA and can only reasonably commute to San Diego two weekends per month. Averages out to 3 and a half games per month, field level. The best perk is that I can buy additional tickets at the discount price.

Youth will be on display. Lots of speed with Venable and Maybin out there. Hopefully, Quentin, Headley and Hundley can drive those guys in. I'm pretty pumped.

eznark

Banned
Nah. Quarter season package. Works out well for me as I live in LA and can only reasonably commute to San Diego two weekends per month. Averages out to 3 and a half games per month, field level. The best perk is that I can buy additional tickets at the discount price.

Youth will be on display. Lots of speed with Venable and Maybin out there. Hopefully, Quentin, Headley and Hundley can drive those guys in. I'm pretty pumped.

Makes sense.

What do you think of Petco? I went there last year and was possibly as disappointed as I have ever been with a park (sans Fenway of course). I think my expectations were just out of whack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom