• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
I thought it's an automatic out only if you cross the plate prior to the swing. Unless it's one of those dumb unwritten rules.

Also, did Braun get the suspension dropped yet? Has he been forever tainted in your eyes, ez, even if acquitted?

Depends on what the decisions is based on and what came up in the hearing.

Sanjuro

Destroy Fenway and build the new one in the same spot. Play home games in yankee stadium while rebuilding, piss off the Yankees by skipping out on your rent payments.

edit: or battle to the death for dominace of the stadium.
Can't. While this entire scenario sounds great, they just need the surrounding land. The new ownership has purchased a large portion. Still, there are building owners nearby who would refuse to sell the property.

The White Sox and Kosuke Fukudome have agreed on a 1-year, $1 million deal. The deal has a 2013 club option.

Jose Veras lost his arbitration case against the Brewers. He will make $2 million in 2012 instead of the $2.375 million he requested.

Talon

Eznark, we should have an awkward meetup the next time you come down to Wrigley for a Brewers - Cubs game.

Or will you catch on fire being that close to a minority?

mjc

Can you even do anything with it besides watch/listen games?

I think someone sponsors April for watching games on the app. Last year Volvo was the sponsor, but after April they make you pay extra for watching games. You do get free audio streaming of play by play from both team's radio stations though.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Yeah, I meant like, can you even use it for anything before the games start... And I guess not.
it basically has what is on mlb.com. news, highlights, leaderboards etc.. nothing special. think there are free versions of the apps which have everything but the radio and video. (might as well go to m.mlb.com though)

The Orioles and Adam Jones have agreed on a 1-year, $6.15 million deal to avoid arbitration. Jones originally filed for $7.4 million while the Orioles countered with $5 million.

Jones can earn an additional $50k for reaching 620 and 635 plate appearances ($25k apiece) in 2012.

AybarGif2_medium.gif

The app comes out before spring training because they have all the radio games for the spring leagues. It's pretty awesome and gets me pumped for the season.

jakncoke

Banned
lol :(

The next time you find yourself complaining about the slow pace of games, save some love for the Pirates, who've done their part to end games quicker by signing Barmes and Barajas in the offseason, thereby ensuring three automatic outs at the bottom of the order. At least the rest of the lineup holds some promise.

Alvrarez going to be down their as well, so at least 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom