• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
$10 million of Ryan Zimmerman's 6-year, $100 million extension with the Nationals is deferred without interest. It will be paid over the course of a 5-year personal services contract Zimmerman will fulfill when he retires.

Zimmerman's extension does not absorb his current contract, so it will not kick in until the 2014 season. The contract also contains a $24 million club option for 2020, his age 36 season.

He also has full no-trade protection, but he was going to get full 5/10 trade protection during the 2015 season anyways.

rekameohs

Banned
You think Montero will be even close to Molina is as a defensive catcher, your expectations are insane.

I'm talking about Miguel Montero fyi, who offensively beats Yadi, and defensively comes close (he actually had the highest caught stealing %, at 40%, and the highest Total Zone Runs saved). He's going to demand a monster contract because of this.

BFIB

Local media reporting that the Molina deal isn't a flat 5/75. They are reworking the last year of this curent deal so this year he'll get a bump in pay (he's making $7 mil this season), and it'll be an additional 5 years, at an AAV of $10-12 mil a year.

Its crazy, but I thought for sure he would end up in Anaheim next year too.

bjb

Banned
Just got finished reading a few articles on Tim Beckam from this past year. Seems he's slowly turning his minor league career around. Hopefully he'll have a shot at getting called up in the next two years.

Also as someone who loathes everyone in the central minus Kansas City - Royals could potentially contend for the division if their pitching wasn't so god awful.

alstein

Just got finished reading a few articles on Tim Beckam from this past year. Seems he's slowly turning his minor league career around. Hopefully he'll have a shot at getting called up in the next two years.

Also as someone who loathes everyone in the central minus Kansas City - Royals could potentially contend for the division if their pitching wasn't so god awful.

I'm expecting a Braves/Royals trade in midseason, probably for Jurrjens or Minor if they're in contention. Braves will get hitting prospects and an open roster spot for Teheran.

Jon

Guys, I am back! I got pretty sick there for a while with the flu, and then had tons of work to catch up on, but I think I'm back to good. Of course, as I type it, I will develop 6 cancers and die by Friday, but we'll see.

Anyway, here's a trivia question:

What pre-1900 Hall of Famer once clubbed four home runs in a game?

A) Roger Connor
B) Ed Delahanty
C) Sam Thompson
D) Dan Brouthers

For the record, I am going to give everyone a point on the question I never posted an answer to, and I have since lost that paper (and I can't remember what the question was) so here's the top three so far:

1) Cajole - 7
1) Sanjuro - 7
2) Windu - 5
2) Eznark - 5
3) RBH - 4

eznark

Banned
Welcome back Jon. Pretty sure the answer is
Big Ed

I think this is probably as sure as I will ever be on an 1800's baseball question if the answer is not King Kelly.

Did all of those guys go into the Hall together in that VC farce in 45?

Brett Myers is the new closer for the Houston Astros. His vesting option was changed due to the change in role. His owed 11 million this year and if his option doesn't vest next year, the Astros will have a 3 million buyout option. Myers has the experience closing, but this hurts his trade value. Would have been a nice pickup at the deadline to round out a rotation for a playoff push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom