• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Harold Reynolds claims the Pirates will finish above .500 and bet up on the bad teams "like the Astros and Reds."

Looool

I don't generally quote myself, but I feel like you guys may have missed this yesterday. It's batshit on multiple levels.

RBH

slideshow_1002323828_022812Braves02.jpg

I don't generally quote myself, but I feel like you guys may have missed this yesterday. It's batshit on multiple levels.

Harold Reynolds claims the Pirates will finish above .500

This isn't ridiculously implausable.

and bet up on the bad teams

Well, sure. There's lots of those.

"like the Astros

Oh, man. They're '02 Tigers level bad.

and Reds."

The FUCK is he talking about? (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Meohsix

Tweet of the day.
afxnr.jpg

Its funny, AJ was saying he loved being back in the NL because he gets to swing the bat.

A week later he fractured right orbital bone while bunting.

jakncoke

Banned
when James Harrison (NFL player) had the exact same injury he missed 4 games according to his game log so if the damage is about the same, I would guess it would be 4-6 weeks

It might be less though given that AJ is not a football player :p

I was thinking of him as well, but didn't bring up it as i wasn't sure if there would be a difference between a pitcher and lb in the healing process and getting back

zulux21

I was thinking of him as well, but didn't bring up it as i wasn't sure if there would be a difference between a pitcher and lb in the healing process and getting back

I am not sure either, but I don't imagine the difference would be to great. Sure a football player is more likely to take a hit that causes his head to move around so it might require his eye be a bit more healed, but 4-6 weeks for a break is about the normal time frame if I recall correctly anyways.

clemenx

Banned
Completely claiming ignorance here: do soccer players juice?

I don't think so. There's not really a history of it and the controls have always seemed very basic to me. I don't remember any steroid scandal in soccer. I'm sure some do, as it happens in every sport.

My mind is full of fuck.jpg
Lol, I'm not serious. Just joking about his hormone intake when he was a teen.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'm getting so excited for baseball. Spring doesn't officially begin for me until baseball season. It's the perfect summer sport, too. So nice to relax at home on a hot day with the game on in the background. You don't even have to actively watch it; it's great for ambient noise.

Oh, and MLB 12: The Show next week...

Cardinals and Yadier Molina have finalized a 5-year, $75 million contract extension. Extension kicks in during the 2013 season. The deal contains a $15 million mutual option for 2018.

The deal has a full no-trade clause, although Molina was going to get full 10/5 trade protection during the 2014 season anyways.

bluemax

Banned
At least one guy on my rec softball team does hGH. Our shortstop hurt his knee and our pitcher suggested hGH to him as a recovery method. Apparently the pitcher hurt his knee a few years back and after it didn't heal quick enough he got on the stuff and hasn't stopped. Actual exchange:

"How long were you on it for?"

"You're assuming I stopped."

These dudes all work as like personal trainers normally, so yeah there's that. I just found the casual use and recommendation of hGH kind of interesting.

At least one guy on my rec softball team does hGH. Our shortstop hurt his knee and our pitcher suggested hGH to him as a recovery method. Apparently the pitcher hurt his knee a few years back and after it didn't heal quick enough he got on the stuff and hasn't stopped. Actual exchange:

"How long were you on it for?"

"You're assuming I stopped."

These dudes all work as like personal trainers normally, so yeah there's that. I just found the casual use and recommendation of hGH kind of interesting.

WTF is the point? At least these guys have millions of dollars on the line so I can see the temptation to use it but people that just use it just for recreational activites outside of their career baffle me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom