• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
WTF is the point? At least these guys have millions of dollars on the line so I can see the temptation to use it but people that just use it just for recreational activites outside of their career baffle me.

Why? They have nothing to lose from using supplements, including hgh. Not like the rec league softball team is going to kick them out. And like anything else, if used intelligently there are no seriously detrimental long term ramifications.

It's not like depo or some other stuff they inject into horses that will more likely than not fuck you up.

Malo

Banned
Marc Craig

Hal holds court: is locked into getting payroll down to 189m by 2014. Not a fan of extensions in middle of contracts. But didn't rule out.
Nice to see Hal confirm the 189 number. Its going to be interesting seeing how this plays out over the next couple of years with possible free agents like Hamels and extension candidates like Cano.

Sanjuro

The new Marlins Park is almost completed. It's supposed to open this weekend.

11iyl.St.56.jpg

GfJ5E.gif

ZetaEpyon

Just tried this year's app; what the hell MLB, why is this so fricking hard.
Apparently having the Gameday Audio subscription isn't good enough to listen to audio via the app, it still wants me to upgrade to MLB.tv Premium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csjZfCnHDvI

video i recorded at Best Buy today. Toronto vs. Miami. played 2 innings. great game. loved it.game looks even better. pulse pitching is a challenge. they have new options for handling relievers like just have them stretch and toss, which warms them up way slower than choosing regular warm up. They also have an option for waiting. You don't have to sit him down and then have to warm him up again. ball physics leads to nicer hit variety. going back tomorrow n play sum more lol

newjeruse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csjZfCnHDvI

video i recorded at Best Buy today. Toronto vs. Miami. played 2 innings. great game. loved it.game looks even better. pulse pitching is a challenge. they have new options for handling relievers like just have them stretch and toss, which warms them up way slower than choosing regular warm up. They also have an option for waiting. You don't have to sit him down and then have to warm him up again. ball physics leads to nicer hit variety. going back tomorrow n play sum more lol
Looks wonderful. Thanks for the video.

Why? They have nothing to lose from using supplements, including hgh. Not like the rec league softball team is going to kick them out. And like anything else, if used intelligently there are no seriously detrimental long term ramifications.

It's not like depo or some other stuff they inject into horses that will more likely than not fuck you up.

I meant why people even bother to go through the trouble when it means absolutely nothing besides stroking ones own ego.

HeySeuss

I meant why people even bother to go through the trouble when it means absolutely nothing besides stroking ones own ego.
It actually can be good for you used correctly. Hgh helps your body heal faster and doesn't strain your tendons and ligaments. When I had acl surgery about a year and a half ago my surgeon told me to seriously consider using it. But given my chosen profession, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I somewhat regret it as my knee isn't 100% yet and may never be.

The Show OT is up....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465139

It actually can be good for you used correctly. Hgh helps your body heal faster and doesn't strain your tendons and ligaments. When I had acl surgery about a year and a half ago my surgeon told me to seriously consider using it. But given my chosen profession, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I somewhat regret it as my knee isn't 100% yet and may never be.

I can see that from an injury perspective but I can't see using it to gain a competitive edge in a meaningless game.

RBH

Read this on another board regarding MLB.tv:

To Follow up on the MLB At Bat stuff, some of the stuff they've added for MLB.tv this year are amazing.

* You can overlay the radio feed of a game over the TV feed. A must if you hate your local team's TV announcers. I don't recall if Fox games are part of At Bat, so I don't know if you can call it the Joe Buck option.

* You can also go ambient sound with no announcers.

Are these features actually new for this year or were they previously implemented? (I haven't subscribed to MLB.tv)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Read this on another board regarding MLB.tv:

Are these features actually new for this year or were they previously implemented? (I haven't subscribed to MLB.tv)
old features. (i listen to Powell and Sutton while watching the game all the time, its awesome)

edit: actually those are probably new featuers to the at bat apps, but not new to mlb.tv. They have been in the browser version for awhile.

aFIGurANT

So on MLB at-bat, you can get gameday audio from either team's radio station for any game, plus the regular free browser cartoon-visualization-thing for the one-time 14.99 - right? Plus your random free game etc. of course..?

Guess I'll be buying the At-Bat app for my phone again so I can listen to afternoon games at work. Radios in this building get shitty reception.

Guess I'll be buying the At-Bat app for my phone again so I can listen to afternoon games at work. Radios in this building get shitty reception.

Heh same.

My Rangers don't play until the 4th. But GAF, go ahead and listen to other teams broadcasts during spring training. It's amazing how much more laid back things are, and you'll get a good feel for the chemistry of the announcers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom