• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenix

YUNEL JESUS

ctkpq.jpg

eznark

Banned
How did the Jeremy Jeffress arrest go unreported for two months? Someone in Kansas City should probably wake the fuck up.

bluemax

Banned
How did the Jeremy Jeffress arrest go unreported for two months? Someone in Kansas City should probably wake the fuck up.

Same way James Loney's did? And in LA of all places!

I gotta admit today's game had some nice moments for Mariners fans. Saunders hitting a homer and Montero also hitting one, always promising.

eznark

Banned
Same way James Loney's did? And in LA of all places!

I gotta admit today's game had some nice moments for Mariners fans. Saunders hitting a homer and Montero also hitting one, always promising.

Loney is kind of no big deal though, right? Jeffress is one bad break from being banned from baseball. It's kind of a big deal.

Sanjuro

I'm arguing everything, its a stupid fucking gimmick.

- they changed it so you can play divisional opponents now in the first round.
- what if there is a regular season tie? You play a single game, to play a single game, then you get two home games against another team who had earned their spot and has been waiting.

I said I wouldn't buy any more sports jerseys but the new Jays unis are REALLY nice, would replace my black Halladay one

Also need to buy a hat ASAP

Loved your impersonation of Chip Carey. And I did in fact slap my little brother in the face today for asking for 2K12 on PS3 for his birthday. He's getting The Show from my older brother and wanted 2K12 out of morbid curiosity. I may as well set $60 on fire in front of him.

Loved your impersonation of Chip Carey. And I did in fact slap my little brother in the face today for asking for 2K12 on PS3 for his birthday. He's getting The Show from my older brother and wanted 2K12 out of morbid curiosity. I may as well set $60 on fire in front of him.

I do a chillingly identical Skip Caray as well, but I don't use it as much since he died.

I plan on livestreaming some of my GAF League games. Maybe I'll use it then...

JambiBum

Since it's the whole travel day that seems to be an issue I don't see why they can't just cancel unnecessary regular season games. There are games that don't get made up if they are canceled due to weather or whatever because they are unnecessary at the end of the season.

Sanjuro brings up a good point with the possibility of there being a tie though. I don't really know what to do in a situation like last year's.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
After Hal said the Yankees don't need a 200 mil payroll, did nobody ask him why he offered ARod that ridiculous contract after he opted out?

Kosmo

Banned
The new wild card rules could not be more asinine. Imagine this scenario:

Second place team in the East (say Red Sox) are guaranteed the 2nd wild card spot with a couple games left and can rest up their #1 pitcher for the wild card game. Two teams in the West are battling for first place, both with a better record than the Red Sox, but have to throw their #1 pitcher the last day of the season to try and win the division.

Red Sox end up getting to play the wild card with their #1 pitcher against a team with a better record who now has to throw their #2 or #3.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Then just win your division before the last weekend of the season.

Winning your division should have merit, teams should be rewarded for winning their divisions and not settling for a wild card spot.

eznark

Banned
Then just win your division before the last weekend of the season.

Winning your division should have merit, teams should be rewarded for winning their divisions and not settling for a wild card spot.

Personally I think teams should be rewarded for winning games. Divisions are idiotic.

RBH

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — When the Braves open the Grapefruit League schedule Saturday against Detroit, they’ll start all projected lineup regulars except injured first baseman Freddie Freeman.

Eric Hinske will play first base and Matt Diaz will be the designated hitter for the Braves, who have rookie Tyler Pastornicky making his debut as their new starting shortstop.

Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez trimmed Friday’s workout by dropping the regular conditioning segment at the end.

“I cut the guys loose a little early today, because they’re ready to go,” he said. “They’ve been working hard, and we gave them a little breather so they’d be refreshed tomorrow.”

Braves left-hander Mike Minor will face Tigers right-hander Doug Fister. Gonzalez declined to name any of his planned relievers for Saturday.

The Braves will have an outfield of Martin Prado in left, Michael Bourn in center and Jason Heyward in right. The infield has second baseman Dan Uggla and third baseman Chipper Jones with Pastornicky and Hinske.

“Practice has been good,” catcher Brian McCann said. “But it’s time to play.”

Gonzalez plans to get two at-bats for most of his regulars and two innings from Minor before making substitutions.

The game will be carried on 680 AM and 93.7 FM in Atlanta, and former Braves great Dale Murphy is set to join Jim Powell in the radio booth. Murphy begins a 15-day stint as guest coach in Braves camp.

There is no scheduled television broadcast — including no MLB.tv — for any Braves game until a March 9 split-squad game vs. the Yankees on MLB Network.

Freeman recovering quickly

Three days after hurting his knee, Freeman did some jogging Friday and said he could be back in the lineup in a few days. He walked two laps and jogged another around a backfield at the Braves’ spring-training complex.

Gonzalez was encouraged to see Freeman not favoring the right leg. He won’t let the first baseman talk his way into the lineup this weekend, but said he could be ready to play early next week.

Freeman could be cleared to hit in the batting cage as soon as Saturday.

He diagnosed with a subluxation of his right patella after his kneecap briefly popped out of place when he reached for a low throw on Tuesday.

It’s the second time he’s had the same injury in two years, and Freeman said he will wear a knee brace in workouts and games for the rest of his career.

He was only supposed to walk around the perimeter of the field Friday, but Freeman said he couldn’t resist pushing it a bit more.

“I felt good so I started jogging,” he said, smiling. “Bubba [head trainer Jeff Porter] wasn’t out there so he couldn’t stop me. I checked to make sure he wasn’t.”
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves...grapefruit-opener-freeman-recovering-quickly/

http://www.680thefan.com/upload/2012BravesRadioNetworkSpringTrainingScheduleFINAL.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom