• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Huh, I guess me zeroing out all of Chris Carpenter's stats in the Show works kind like a voodoo doll! Who should I do next?
you can start with:

Roy Halladay
Cliff Lee
Cole Hamels
Chase Utley
Jose Reyes
Mike Stanton
Hanley Ramirez
Josh Johnson
Ryan Zimmerman
Jordan Zimmermann
Stephen Strasburg
Jayson Werth
David Wright
Ike Davis
Johan Santana
R.A. Dickey

you can start with:

Roy Halladay
Cliff Lee
Cole Hamels
Chase Utley
Jose Reyes
Mike Stanton
Hanley Ramirez
Josh Johnson
Ryan Zimmerman
Jordan Zimmermann
Stephen Strasburg
Jayson Werth
David Wright
Ike Davis
Johan Santana
R.A. Dickey

Well the Mets medical staff will ruin things again. And leave Johan alone, he's just getting back.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I feel like Ike Davis has been through enough already. It's not the like the Mets are any kind of threat anyways.

Frankman you just got back man. Don't go poking Opiate with no stick. He will permanently move you to Community if you do.
I am simply stating that I feel baseball is an amazing sport, and it is not "a waste" to be a fan of it. I do not see how I have offended anyone, it clearly is not my intention.

Hopefully my team can make it through Spring without anyone's limbs falling off, as it would greatly affect the performance of the group.

CygnusXS

From MLB.com:

Mets third baseman David Wright flew to New York on Sunday for an examination and possible cortisone injection in his left rib cage

While the Mets are saying all of the things you'd expect them to say -- not too concerned, optimistic that he'll return soon -- players generally don't get cortisone shots to the ribs just for yuks. And while manager Terry Collins said he was optimistic, he also left this quote to mull over:

"You better believe it's troubling," Collins said. "And we have no answers."

Yup.

I'll be worried if there's a week left in ST and he hasn't played yet. Spring is when you can get hurt and just rest, no biggie. As long as he's fine for Opening Day big whoop.

The best part of the World Series thread was imagining the torture Branduill was going through as he went through his silly gimmick of pretending to be a Cardinals fan to jinx them.

CygnusXS

Meanwhile, over at CAC...
2 Responses to “Reaction to Chipper’s Latest Quotes”

manpitt Says:
March 12th, 2012 at 11:41 PM EDT

JJ and prospects(the terd and pitching prospect) for david wright????
Dr. Zoidberg Says:
March 13th, 2012 at 12:54 AM EDT

I don’t look forward to the day Chipper hangs up his cleats, but perhaps it’s best that we emotionally prepare ourselves for not seeing him on the field much this year. The end is soon. Sad times, but it’s been a fantastic career!

Anyways, along with manpiit’s comment, what are the chances to get David Wright? A good idea to go for him now instead of waiting for Chipper to retire during the season?
????

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Exactly. If Prado moves to 3B, that opens the door for Jose Constanza to continue his brilliance from last season and once again outshine Jason Heyward. I like this plan...
heh.

anyway i would hope if chipper does retire they move uggla to 3B and put prado at 2B. Both are below average at 2B but Uggla is waaaaaaayyy below average. (or put Uggla in LF...)

(our infield defense is going to be a disaster)

heh.

anyway i would hope if chipper does retire they move uggla to 3B and put prado at 2B. Both are below average at 2B but Uggla is waaaaaaayyy below average.

Uggla... at 3B?

7jecc.gif

Next you'll be telling me Daniel Murphy will be a Gold Glove second baseman!!

The thing is, Uggla seems to have gotten better at 2nd. I mean he'll still commit errors but his D isn't Marlins-bad now. If he ever committed to losing some weight I'm sure he'd improve his range a bit.

CygnusXS

heh.

anyway i would hope if chipper does retire they move uggla to 3B and put prado at 2B. Both are below average at 2B but Uggla is waaaaaaayyy below average. (or put Uggla in LF...)

Don't worry, DOB says Simmons is a 50% lock for the starting job. Irrefutable journalism right there.

Goddammit, I was too lazy to post my prediction yesterday that Frankman would be unbanned the day after all sports megathreads went away, complete with Planet Of The Apes .gif.

Anyway, welcome back!

I saw the "post the weirdest most disturbing anime gifs" thread title and my first reaction was "Frankman NOO!" then I realized that it was somebody else. Good to have you back.

Now, if the mods would kindly Free Pollo.

Who's making the season thread?

h3ro

I saw the "post the weirdest most disturbing anime gifs" thread title and my first reaction was "Frankman NOO!" then I realized that it was somebody else. Good to have you back.

Now, if the mods would kindly Free Pollo.

Who's making the season thread?

I believe first dibs go to cards-age.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom